It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. loses AAA credit rating from S&P

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

we are still going to borrow its just going to cost more and that cost will be

passed off to we the taxpayers yet agian they play

we pay like always they are like crack addicts and we are their bank

just a little more please please just one more hit.,

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I saw this coming down the pipe for a while, since they've been hashing it for weeks and weeks. I guess to desensitize us for the event. But I do find it ironic that they managed to put it off until just after the market closed for the weekend. Imagine the result if they downgraded it right before the market opened
Crashing the markets without crashing them? The whole thing stinks of covert dealings.

link   
reply to post by brill

Agreed. Just cashed out this morning for even more silver bullion late day.

Not a bad move - sad to admit, I'm behind the game here and likely being unwise...hoping silver will drop per oz. more before I bulk up here...yeah, I know, hindsight will likely be 20/20. Call me fatalistic but I will probably continue to hold out for lower prices before I trade off my FRN savings...oi vey.

Will this push QE3 sooner because the Bernanke has Jackson Hole at end of August.

To say we are living in interesting times is an understatement.

Indications in Europe are yes re: QE3...but honestly, the FED is out of ammo as far as even TRYING to address these issues. They've failed in *all* of their mandates and have no pieces left to play, IMHO.

Interesting times, most definitely! And perhaps I'm wrong about eternity, but I suppose ultimately it doesn't matter in that case, eh? Be blessed, friend. Regardless of where the chips fall, I'm glad to have know all of you - even those I've disagreed with.

Steve

link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by jdub297

we are still going to borrow its just going to cost more and that cost will be

WOW

exactly why it was bad to default
, days ago

now you see???

link   
I think theres a secret side to the stock market drop and the S&P down grade and that is the War on Terror. The recent deal to raise the debt limit has put the DOD on the chopping block. Other countries know the gravu train might dry up. The US has pulled the DOD back already. Libya and even Somalia. Somalia they are trying to drag USAID in by claiming starvation and a health crisis. Now they see in a few months the DOD will draw back even more hurting the other countries mixed up in the War on Terror. Just today Obama was on the phone with France and Germany two key players in the War on Terror. Those two know there countries depend on the money from the Wars and it soon could be gone. The banks know about the money flow and how it is stopping so do the credit agencies. If the US pulls out more there will be major crash in the economy around the world funded by it. The next debt deal to be made will probly not happen and the crash will happen. Starting in the EU and traveling the Middle East and the US.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Let me introduce you to our mutual friend, "Mr. Unintended Consequences."

A huge chunk of what you and I might call, "institutional money" is invested ONLY in AAA securities and bonds. All of this money will be moving by the end of the month. Consequence? The rest of the ARM home loans go into default over the next several months, rippling through the economy, degrading home values further due to market saturation, destroying what remains of the building industry, and taking every business that relies on them down as well.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
And once again the American people take up the poop shoot. You guys must love getting raped by your government. its so pathetic its sad. NOT ONLY did you lose your coveted AAA rating but you guys also raised the debt ceiling so now your MORE in debt that you were before and you STILL lost your rating!!!!!!

Your government are either brain dead beyond human understanding or this is all planned to fail. im betting on the latter because i cant understand how someone who got themselves into a position of power could have done so on pure blind luck. You need to get off your asses and march now seriously.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
No worries, I'm sure they have a bailout to fix all of this.

For the rich and powerful that is...

But hey, we can all get along fine just eating cake right?

[size=0]Starts searching the internet for instructions on how to build a guillotine...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

i preferred default as opposed to the government pumping more money from us to bailitself out when it stolen all that debt to begin with.

doesnt matter what anyone says or whatever political ideology any of us have

nothing will change the fact the losers in all of this are us

the winners? the same people who got us into the mess.

ps if you really gotta tax someone tax the federal reserve tax em 98 percent.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Janky Red

doesnt matter what anyone says or whatever political ideology any of us have

nothing will change the fact the losers in all of this are us

the winners? the same people who got us into the mess.

ps if you really gotta tax someone tax the federal reserve tax em 98 percent.

Ha!

I agree!

Git er done!

edit on 5-8-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Let me just take a moment to laugh my ass off.

Ah, that feels better.

PEOPLE PEOPLE... DON'T YOU SEE?! This is wonderful news!!! THE US is forced to face the music now. This is going to make people MAD AS HELL AND THEY AREN'T GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE. Economic doom = people angry... It's simple really, no more beer, hamburgers, and jobs, no more putting up with this bull#.

Remember people, peaceful protests!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

A huge chunk of what you and I might call, "institutional money" is invested ONLY in AAA securities and bonds. All of this money will be moving by the end of the month. Consequence? The rest of the ARM home loans go into default over the next several months, rippling through the economy, degrading home values further due to market saturation, destroying what remains of the building industry, and taking every business that relies on them down as well.

That is a dark and grim outlook...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

im not a treath to the global elite, nor would i say so if i was.

but still, what comes next is a secret.

plus you dont want to ruin the plot for everyone else, right?
i mean honestly, people are paying to watch this movie.

Hah! Well said, I suppose. In a sick sort of way, it is definitely amusing to watch.

I doubt that many of us are much of a threat, though, unless we could somehow wake the masses...well, 'en masse', to be silly about it. And even then, I think the dice are already cast.

As far as the what comes being secret - maybe I'm wrong, or those around me are just blind, but I don't think so...it seems fairly obvious to me. (HOPEFULLY I'M WRONG, although finding out I'm right might take a bit longer)

BTW - If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the meaning of Lectorium Rosicrucianum? I've been curious about rosicrucianism for awhile, and not having much luck finding the latin on 'lectorium'. "Reader"? Is it a rosicrucian weekly publication, or some such? Please clarify, and god bless.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Like I said in another thread:

This is the Tea Party's Scarlet Letter. They will wear it for the remainder of their days.

Whether or not you think they deserve it is one thing, but it is fact that they will be seen as wearing this badge of condemnation. They made their stand and there were consequences to be had. The ideology may suffer in the eyes of the world.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Perhaps a good time to get into the gold and silver. Can you imagine? Precious metals are about to go nuts.

I guess you guys are right though. Everyone sais "I expected this to happen, what's the big deal". The big deal is that they actually did it.. The sad part is the American people are the ones that bear the brunt of the unemployment and other fallout that is soon to come from this.

We rely on a good economy because our social security isn't going to be there. Our futures depend on the successes of our 401K's and other personal investments. If you want that nest egg to remain, you have to invest properly. It's pretty tough to do that when you have this kind of thing going on.

How are we supposed to have any faith in the economy or the government at this point? This isn't even a Republican or Democrat situation. The fate of our kids hangs in the balance.

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Remember..................We have the biggest guns and the biggest military budget. If it gets to a point, we will use "the force" to do what is necessary.

I really believe this.................Everybody says the end...............I say BS...........We can grow some corn here in the midwest...Beans too........ I say screw the world rating...........I think we are still capable of F@#ing some $sht up, if push comes to shove.

No congressman or president will let this country fall until every bomb in our arsenal is detonated.....

You can take that to the bank

I am disgusted at the cost of a pack of smokes though

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Attention!!!!!!! I just downgraded my thoughts on OBama, from a B+ to a B

edit on 5-8-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

I understand that once the rating slips, it is very hard to get it back.

Difficult, yes, but not impossible. China recently had their rating upgraded.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

And I agree, hence why I mentioned the year 2002, when homes were rising past what I call:

Average Homeowner Salary vs. Average Home Loan, which started with those idiotic SubPrime and Arm Home Loans, as the home price went past what a family, man or woman could afford, your were bound to head into defualt valley.

As for Degrading Home Values.... this needs to happen until Inflation, Home Prices, match Average neighboorhood salaries...

As for the Building Industry and every sub business, your absolutely right and their business is already low enough, as well as other business.

But, if the United States wants their credit rating back, do the one thing that no president has done since ike eisenhower, stop the Military Industrial Complex, and put that money back into our economic infrastructure.

The one thing Americans lack knowledge of is that we have the money to pay back all we have borrowed, but we chose to spend our money on foolish things and things that in the long term benefit a NWO rather than the citizens that pay taxes here.
edit on 8/5/2011 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/5/2011 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

maybe that was the idea to begin with the gold bubble has been artificially manipulated since oh since obama took over.

just like the housing bubble before it keep manipulating pump trillions into to it then the bottom falls out.

people and government are buying gold the thing that i dont like about gold is what fdr did the setup bad economy

and millions of people are seeking refuge in gold them bam pull the rug from underneath them by either or confiscation such as fdr or a sudden flood of gold and when the demand goes down the bottom falls out of the market.

people if you were already in gold stay if your thinking about it forget it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join