It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. loses AAA credit rating from S&P

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Well said, friend.

If reality ever catches up, it definitely won't be pretty - and *perhaps* I overreach, but with the army's wargaming over the last few years and various government reports, it appears to not be unexpected.

Some like to say "Oh, none of this can be intentional and those in true power must be completely incompetent!"...well, possible - but I don't think so. One must always consider: "What is the actual agenda?"

And with who happens to actually be profiting, who will actually be suffering, and the preparations that are being taken on each side - - I think everything is flowing perfectly according to plan.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

But I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by Misteriosa

and its not even fresh fish

by the time it left greece to ireland it was already rotten

at least the europeans could say they were attacked by the us credit rating agencies.

what are americans goin to scream?

oh i know

INSIDE JOB!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

just further proof of making "poor" the "standard"..

my mom gave me the saving bonds she's been saving for me since i was little for my birthday (next week) so that i can cash them for a nice present. should i save them for tinder or frame them as a symbol of where we once were?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
hey what do you give the potus for his birthday?

a downgrade in our credit rating and all it took was 14 trillion dollars.

i feel so honored to have contributed i think we all should.

lets give it up for our most glorious leader

happy birthday!!! not!

soup lines form other there ----->

this is how far we have fallen and we still have a ways to go.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
The AAA rating was only lost by the S&P.

Ratings agencies Moody's and Fitch both maintained the U.S.'s AAA credit rating following the debt deal.

source

Not by any means trying to downplay the severity of the S&P loss, but felt it was imprtant to the entire conversation to mention this fact.

I believe Moody's and fitch AAA is the equivalent to S&P AA+

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's time people put less stock into these companies. Screwed up the mortgage deal. And then today, S&P actually were TWO TRILLION OFF in their report given to the treasury. 2 trillion!! And still, when pointed out to them.. and acknowledged by them.. oops.. our bad!.. they STILL downgraded the U.S., imo in a petulant sort of way, we are still going to live and die by this companies theories of credit ratings.. seriously?

Moody's already analyzed and reported they were NOT going to downgrade, so I would not expect it. They were not 2 trillion off.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by mrbarber

Eh...

And we somehow manage to meet the requirements for AA+? You gotta be kidding me...maybe they just have VERY relaxed standards. Granted, I haven't checked the ratings requirements - but we seem to deserve a MUCH worse rating, IMHO.

Take care.

I am in total agreement, but a small dose of reality is better than none. Up until now, there hasn't even been acknowlegment that a problem exists. While the rating should be lower, much lower, at least S&P has outed the dufuses, or should I just call them liars, who have been pushing the green shoot theory for the last 3 years.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

*chuckle*

Soup lines. That's cute.

You seem to be somewhat aware, friend - I'd take it you have a fair grasp on how much better-prepared the US was for a depression back in 29-30whatever? How many self-sustaining (+non-GMO) farms did we have back then? How many citizens did we have that actually had real-world (non-tech/corp) skills? How much domestic production of EVERYTHING did we have?

And what do we have now, in all those and other associated fields?

Hopefully they can keep up the gaming, because the alternative is downright nasty as we are nowhere near as self-sufficient and ready as we were a century ago.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

but whats a coupla $tril here or a coupla $tril there?

It would not have mattered if they were exact to the penny. The fact is its overdue.

edit on 5-8-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by Praetorius

yep, the agenda is advancing right on schedule

no plot twists yet on this movie script conspiracy theorists wrote years ago.

honestly, it looked better in paper, seeing it play out is getting kind of dull and predictable

i will never understand TPTB and their roleplaying games.

Bazinga!

everything is fine, nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
OK. Let's play this out.

The USA loses the credit rating.

Credit as a whole tightens up.

Consumer spend decreases.

There are no consumers with extra spend.

Without demand for consumer goods, there is no need for supply.

The entire system collapses like a body with cancer.

What good is an arbiter (global bank) when there is no policy to negotiate.

F the global bank and their consumer based, capitalist plan. Epic Fail comes before the Phoenix.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Watch the european markets sunday night, if its nasty there it will be a bloodbath monday morning here. Im thinking it will be ugly. Trillions of dollars worth of bonds now will require more collateral And timmy said this would never happen.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Reply to post by fleabit

im not the type to kiss and tell

but uh

thats what moodys told greece, ireland and portugal too.

now we have finantial stds

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

of course there will be a panic.

People are going to freak out over the weekend.

Where does the additional collateral come from?

Chinese will get their invasion and own half the country.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Strike those trillion dollar coins right away and save the day.

Can't wait to buy one for my collection.

Ok, seriously now, did anyone expect, with the current stock market volatility and the huge debt, that the AAA rating would exist indefinitely? It's not just America looking after America anymore simply because it's corporations are spread all over the world. Europe is teetering on the brink with those behemoths Italy and Spain on the verge of default.

Think that doesn't impact American companies? The global economies are interconnected. One bleeds out and we all get faint.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

yeah anyone with half a brain knows how bad things are right now the increased dependence on government and we had less people back then but we had more business and we produced more food and exported than what we do today.

theres always a silverlining even in the worst circumstances it may be bad but it can be a whole lot worse these are the times that try mens souls but these are also the times when real men are made.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

yep.

you think its coincidence that this happened after the closing bell? this is burying the lede in its finest. yes, it will make a big splash today, but john and jane q public, after a nice weekend of reality tv and over-processed foods, will have forgotten about this crazy letter nonsense and will be looking forward to that brave new week of underemployment.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I got this from a thread a week ago about a $1 billion secret trade that US will loose its AAA rating.

This guy is worth $10 billion now...this guy has some very deep conection.

The 1 billion investment

Prepare for increase in interest rates and price hike on consumer goods.

This means someone is confident that the United States is either going to default or is going to lose its AAA rating. That someone is willing to bet the proverbial farm that U.S. interest rates will be going up.

I believe what happened is a debt-ceiling deal was done in Washington and leaked to a major proprietary trader. Everyone knows the debt negotiations in Washington have been an extreme game of brinksmanship between political parties, but now someone knows how that game played out.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I hope you all take my advice. Go to your bank if it is open on saturdays and take out all your money. Hide it some were, buy gold or buy a gun. This drop in credit rating may be nothing but it doesnt help to be a little prepared. If the bottom falls out of the stock market on monday there will be a run at the banks with everyone trying to get money out but who knows if you will be able to.

This is a very sad day for the once Great USA and its only going to get worse.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

monday will definatly be interesting. Damage control will be in overdrive all weekend

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join