It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the more things change, the more they stay the same

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
in the old days if you didn't believe what the church said, you were labeled a heretic and burned at the stake. now if you subscribe to any religion your labeled delusional and ridiculed. burning at the stake is replaced with heated debates. stoning is now harsh words. there are countless examples that arent just religion. it's all the same, justs looks different is all. go ahead and share please. and that be my story crackuhs, do you comprehend?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
These days its more acceptable to not have a religion, science and other ideas have taken a step forward. Peoples beliefs have now changed because there isnt a fear of whats coming next, everyone is taking it step by step. There is a stigma about religon now, people trying to prove that there is no "god" but its up to the person what they believe in.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

agreed dumbing down
but egos throw nukes

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by F1rmBeliever

quite true. but is there really that much a difference? other than people dying. oh wait we still have that. human life is worthless compared to currency and barrels of oil. only difference it's not over religious beliefs. well somewhat but not so much. idk its hard to tell whats really going on these days.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Is it a debate about religion and such?

I didn't think it was when I read it but only the OP can say for sure. I took it as what happened in the past for one reason is now happening with another reason attached as to the whys and hows.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

no its not a debate about religion. i'm just talking about how things look different but have not changed

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
in the old days if you didn't believe what the church said, you were labeled a heretic and burned at the stake. now if you subscribe to any religion your labeled delusional and ridiculed. burning at the stake is replaced with heated debates. stoning is now harsh words. there are countless examples that arent just religion. it's all the same, justs looks different is all. go ahead and share please. and that be my story crackuhs, do you comprehend?

To me being called names by some random anonymous person on the internet seems a HUGE improvement over being painfully executed, in public, by the authorities of Church & State.

I'll take a lot more where that comes from. (i.e. atheist to deist classical liberalism).
edit on 6-8-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

the thing with people these days is that we are to egotistic and materialistic. This is why things like oil matter more these days. Im an athiest myself but in the end we all end up in the same situation. What matters is what is left behind and alot of people think that wealth is what will give a person the rememberance they want. If we all took a step back for a moment we would see that actully theres things out there that u cant put a price on that give more then any wealth can...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i understand where all of you are coming from. but i am merely trying to express that lilin are always going to fight, even kill over things. wether it's tangible or intangibles. because we're still violent animals. now get me some fries boy!

top topics

join