It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roseanne Barr On Running For President: If Sarah Palin Can Do It, So Can I

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

some people are just too uptight.

some

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
reply to post by gabby2011

I would suggest she is kidding too. but...

Stranger things have happened.

true enough....
...but in all seriousness..the woman is joking... its her comic style to make up whoppers like that..

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I posted this on her blog.

I joined this blog by a referal from a freind of a freind of a freind.

I heard you were talking about running for president. I initially thought wow! How cool is that, somebody who has a voice who is real and very capable of actually doing something for the betterment and wellbeing of humankind.

Then I learned that you were kidding.

So I am sad now. I really thought there was a hope out there.

I am guessing there is other ways to skin a cat eh?

love from Australia

will see what response if any transpires

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

keep us posted... but please keep in my mind that she is very tongue in cheek..and her answer..if she does reply...could be made in jest as well....she really does love to pull peoples chain..and she is quite good at it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I would expect some cryptic reply. Or she just might call a spade a spade.

Likely it will be ignored.

will see...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The funniest part of this whole thing is this:

Roseanne Barr thinks she is relavant.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneYouFearIsRight

everyones a comedian

eh?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
Well, she's obviously much smarter than Palin. I won't vote for her, but good luck.. I guess.

No?..eh, because the GOP & DNC are doing such a great job..

I would absolutely 100% vote for her.. THAT would be "Change you can believe in" for real.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

some people are just too uptight.

some

Considering you are from Australia I can understand why you would not understand the significance of singing the National Anthem at a sporting event in the USA. You would probably be shocked at how emotionally people react during that moment. It is not uncommon to see players, coaches, and even people in the stands shed a tear or two while the Anthem is being sung. So I can understand why you say I am just "too uptight", but I would suggest maybe researching the history behind the National Anthem being sung at sporting events before you cast judgment.

The song even at times has been a comfort to this Nation. A perfect example of this is after 9/11. As a result of the 9/11 attacks all sporting events at the time were canceled. In the US we have sports all year round. Weather it is the NBA, Hockey, the NFL, Soccer or Baseball, there is always a professional level sport being played on any given day in the US. Sports are very much ingrained into our culture. Eventually sporting events continued. The reactions from the stands, players, coaches, and even the vendors and employees at the Stadiums post 9/11, when the Anthem was sung showed truly what it was all about. So feel free to call me uptight, clearly you just don't get it.
edit on 5-8-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I understand the culture of patriotism. We have it here in Australia. Our national anthem is also sung at sporting events.

The comment was made regarding Rosanne. She sung it in her own way, her style. You can not say she is disrespectful for doing it her way. She may have not been politically correct.

But who really cares, she sung it and did her bit in her way.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Well I see that we now have our "distraction" for the masses following the U.S. AAA credit rating being downgraded by the Poor is now the Standard

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Considering that Obama and Biden have extremely poor senses of humor, Rosy would be a refreshing change!
Obama should hire her right now as his official humor advisor and fire the schmuck he's using now. Then, tell Biden to keep his trap shut!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by againuntodust

From what I've seen her say in other interviews, she is obviously joking.... thats her type of humor..she would never seriously consider running for president.

This is my take on it too...Rosanne is known for her extreme sarcasm....I think this is one of those times.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join