It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Capitalist Economy On The Verge Collapse? Get Ready For War!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Excellent thread. I've been saying for months now that they're using the same playbook as the 1929 crash.

In 1929, there were actually 3 crashes. One in 1907, one in 1929, and the one that drew out the whole process in 1931.

In 2008, there will actually be 3 crashes. One in 1987, one in 2008 (about a year early) and one is overdue. They did try and crash the system again in 2010 right on time, but they weren't able to make it happen according to the book. Looks like they'll be about a year late.

Quite a few folks have been saying since the Spring that August 2011 would be a time to watch out for a market crash. Looks like they might be right.

Unless something pretty serious is done over the weekend to avert it, I'd expect at least a 500 point drop in the DOW on Monday morning.
edit on 5-8-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

Russia yes., Putin is an interesting cat. But while I think that China is clearly the bigger threat, the one child policy has had an interesting impact in that one Chinese male of working age is now responsible for supporting his wife, his child, his mother, his father, his mother in law, and his father in law.

Despite the large population, they don't actually have all that many to spare without an immediate impact and severe internal disruption.

Many times, when I have mulled these situations I have determined that if the U.S. were an evil genius, the timing and various scenarios around the world (including our military might) are perfectly staged for us to be the first "empire" to ever just print money and actually get away with it.

But, the window is short. The time is now. Five years from now the fates will not be so favorable to such a dastardly deed.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamnang
Hasn't there been a war prior to many economic collapses? The panic of 1857 was shortly followed by the US Civil War, The panic of 1873 was followed by the Franco-Prussian War I believe, The great depression obviously followed up by WW2. An economic collapse today wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was followed by a large war.

Except we are already in three wars...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join