It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this extreme phenomenon?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
ETA: I agree that definition refers to a "skeptic"

reply to post by Griffo

forgive me, if I seem to be trying to appear superior (re: Qwenn's post above) - I am not, and I know it - my purpose of this thread is to find a word that actually counteracts the term "sheeple". The people who use it most, are the ones who fall under the term "flock"

(forgive me also for posting when I'm still on my first cup of coffee, I hope it reads right)

Self proclaimed "Conspiracy theorist" who actually believe in reptilians absolutely fall into the "flock" mentality - they're following David Icke for the most part - he's just another kind of preacher

I have no proof, but I believe David Ickes words are being misinterpreted as well - I believe he's speaking in metaphors, but he'll never admit that IMHO - metaphors don't sell

A true believer won't fake it either - a true believer will say something like I do about UFOs and Aliens

I have NEVER in my life looked up at the sky and saw anything weird. I'm generally unimpressed with the little white dot in the footage - lights can be anything. I miss the days when people went to the trouble to fake a closeup flying saucer.

but I believe

I definitely believe in aliens
I also believe the "real" sightings, would not allow themselves to be captured on any kind of media - until they want to be

its just so hard for people to admit they believe in something that bears no hard evidence

which is backwards... the lack of proof is why they have to "believe" in the first place
if their pictures and videos were really proof......
it would no longer be a belief, it would be a Fact.

This is the same way I believe in a "higher power" - I group my "God" into the "alien" definition - something not of this earth - I have no proof - therefore I believe. I will never accept anything created by "man" as justification of that belief.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Forevever because: I put it at the top for clarity

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I've used "anti-sheeple" before, but its not as compact as Teflonian.

Wolf doesnt work, because the "sheep" link in question is the one where they all stick together in a flock and behave as one. Got nothing to do with who the natural predator might be.

You're looking for a word that describes the opposite - the tendency to not remain in a group, but unfortunatly most anti-sheep DO remain in flocks, just not the same ones as sheep.

And it would be nice if you could get a word that ends in ...ple.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
ETA: I agree that definition refers to a "skeptic"

reply to post by Griffo

forgive me, if I seem to be trying to appear superior (re: Qwenn's post above) - I am not, and I know it - my purpose of this thread is to find a word that actually counteracts the term "sheeple". The people who use it most, are the ones who fall under the term "flock"

(forgive me also for posting when I'm still on my first cup of coffee, I hope it reads right)

edit on 11-8-2011 by Forevever because: I put it at the top for clarity

Yeh, snob !

I didn't mean you, you silly sausage
I was just spouting off about the way that a large group of conspiracy theorists seem to consider this a private club, where if your name ain't down, you ain't coming in !

They are the only ones allowed to have any opinions and they don't want anyone else coming in to challenge their kingdom. It is a bit like back in my days when people used to argue " I was a punk, before you were a punk " that sort of thing always makes me cringe. Sorry if you took it personally, but no insult to you intended !
edit on 11-8-2011 by Qwenn because: spelling

PS. perhaps they could be called Ploppy Poo Pants.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Qwenn because: P.S.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

you're close but no

these people absolutely flock together

I'm looking for a word to describe the denialist - and denialist is actually the most accurate - atm I'm stuck with flocks though

wolfer works because wolves also travel in packs

herds, flocks, packs don't fit the anti-sheeple when the term "sheeple" is usually used to represent someone who believes everything they're told by authority

I'm looking for the word to represent someone who refused to believe anything that comes from authority PERIOD

and instead follow the one who's ... predicting Elenin will kill us - just an example

If you break down the ENTIRE Elenin argument - the only piece that makes any sense is "NASA isn't saying it, so it must be true"

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

reply to post by alfa1

If you break down the ENTIRE Elenin argument - the only piece that makes any sense is "NASA isn't saying it, so it must be true"

Yes a true Bart Simson quote, if ever I heard one " Damned if you do, and Damned if you don't ", but you will never win an argument against them, as they never quite get the point and keep the argument going on for ever.

As for NASA, well they would not be able to tell the truth about anything, even if they wanted to, which they don't, hah, no American space program, a german space program !

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

doesn't it make you completely insane that we had one of the biggest CME's EVER to pound directly on our planet with no major issues - and STILL people are insisting that CME's cause earthquakes......

they link to "scientific reports" to prove their point, because.... you know.... scientists have NEVER been wrong - EVER - and youtube proves it

These same people are the ones who outright deny anything that comes from NASA science..... so which is it? they're never wrong? or they're always wrong? :bnghd:

in their reality - only the ones who agree with their philosophies are right

in my philosophy - I just say I'm always wrong
its easier and I'm lazy
so anyone who agrees with me is also wrong

but we can "flock" together!!
at least we won't be lonely
even if we're accidentally "right"
edit on 11-8-2011 by Forevever because: eta

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Qwenn

so anyone who agrees with me is also wrong

editby]edit on 11-8-2011 by Forevever because: eta

No, I don't agree with you on that !

Or perhaps I do !

Oh I don't know what is real anymore, did I remember to let the cat out ? Do I really have a cat ? I say that I sit and smoke my pipe, but I don't even own a pipe, perhaps we should all start to be ironic !

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

YOU FORGOT TO CLOSE YOUR CODE
its messing up your signature

but don't feel too bad
I clearly forgot to take off my capslock when I started this post

(leaving it to make a point, and cause its funny)
edit on 11-8-2011 by Forevever because: I suck

edit on 11-8-2011 by Forevever because: I put "because" in my edit when they already give you a "because"

edit on 11-8-2011 by Forevever because: I should be slapped

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Qwenn

YOU FORGOT TO CLOSE YOUR CODE
its messing up your signature

but don't feel too bad
I clearly forgot to take off my capslock when I started this post

(leaving it to make a point, and cause its funny)
edit on 11-8-2011 by Forevever because: I suck

edit on 11-8-2011 by Forevever because: I put "because" in my edit when they already give you a "because"

edit on 11-8-2011 by Forevever because: I should be slapped

Well I don't understand any of that ! Perhaps because I am an old fart, but I am cool with that anyway, because I don't have an ego to protect, and even if I did, I don't care anyway, I just need someone to explain how this intraweb thingy works, my Spectrum 48k is struggling with it. Perhaps I should have built my time machine 30 years ago.

Consider yourself slapped, with a marshmallow !

edit on 11-8-2011 by Qwenn because: spelling from a silly keyboard

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2   >>

join