It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this extreme phenomenon?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Isn't conspiracy theorist an ample enough name to call that sort of people by?
edit on 5/8/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

well..... you're looking at conspiracy theorist in an extreme example

there are closed minded conspiracy theorist as well as open minded ones

lets look at the 9/11 thing as an example

You have the people who blindly believe the official story: Sheeple
You have the people who deny the official story: Truthers
but even within the Truther group, you will find Sheeple. Those who do no research on their own, they just say "nope, don't see a plane at the pentagon, therefore I'm a truther, and everything the truthers say is right"

I like "noBots" LOL

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I believe that the official story is the most probably account of what happened. I mean yes, there are some unexplained events that occurred. But I do believe that a group of Islamic terrorists hijacked planes and flew them into two skyscrapers.

Yes, there are holes in the original story. But equally, there are also holes in the alternative theory

And I am far from what would be considered a "sheeple"

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
Yes, there are holes in the original story. But equally, there are also holes in the alternative theory

This line alone is why you are not a sheeple or a wolfing noBot
no need to say it specifically, I can see it clearly from that statement ♥

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Let's just make something fit.

Denialists.

Teflonians.... (nothing sticks)

Unteachables

Omnisceptics

Wish I wasn't at work, this is too much fun.

Impassifists

Wallies

edit on 5-8-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: addition

edit on 5-8-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

Teflonians....

I think Conspiratist could work.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
We all are "unsheepled" when we are still young and innocent, a virgin mind.

Then we got sheepled and become sheeple. But if you come illegaly to this country and get alienated by american culture you are a "cheepol".

With crisis going on, many sheeple loose their jobs and homes and become "sh#tple".

We spend all our lifes trying to get "Dissheepled" until we die.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
Let's just make something fit.

Denialists.

Teflonians.... (nothing sticks)

Unteachables

Omnisceptics

Wish I wasn't at work, this is too much fun.

I wish you weren't at work, I can't wait to see what else you come up with

Teflonians is great - we need to make up a definition for that - not quite sure it fits

Denialists, THAT seems really accurate

LOL you guys are all awesome!
anyone want to help me defenestrate an omnisceptic?
wolfing nobots

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i call them fruitcakes.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

People that blindly accept everything they are told are called sheeple.
People that call B.S. on everything they are told are called conspiracy nuts, tin foil hats, etc.
People that dont readily accept MSM, but dont call B.S. on everything are called intelligent.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

Free thinker

yut...

A.k.a a hippie.

Could also be.......
Researcher
Intellectual
Realist
Rebel
Philosopher
Non-conformist
Dreamer
Leader
The wise ones
Others
Anonymous
Thinker

Here's some from the perspective of TPTB/government

Wrong
Terrorist
Disposable
Threatening

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo

Isn't conspiracy theorist an ample enough name to call that sort of people by?

No, a conspiracy theorist is one who has a healthy sense of judgement of realism but also offers explanations and/or solutions. Typically the conspiracy is misinformed and information manipulative. Most non sheeple may question what they are told but cannot be labled a conspiracy theorist because they offer/think of no explanation or solution.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

alpha wolf?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Those who are not sheeple are MEN.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
i call them fruitcakes.

I should've paid more attention to this post
geezus there are a lot of fruitcakes... or you implanted the idea into my head!!!!!

they don't fit into my "no bot" definition or "denialist" though

but it does amaze me how quick some are to believe the most far out theory
rather than the most basic logical one

then spread it around like a disease..... can they be considered disinfo agents too?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I think of them as FREE-FALLERS, they blindly jump off of the cliff without a parachute, then every breath of wind that hits their faces is a conspiracy or lie that they experience briefly, then the next, then the next, etc, till they hit the ground. They never get to the bottom of anything, because to them, everything is transient, and everything is to be fought against, without a chance to catch a breath, or enjoy life to any extent. They are so busy feeling oppressed, that they are unable to identify what they are fighting against, so fight against everything, that way, they have to be right once in a while.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
A lot of people on ATS seem to use terms like "awake" and "aware." But this is so very vague. And in a way perhaps its meant to be. It can cover anything from spiritual to political to simply "buggin out of my mind, man." Nevertheless you hear this a lot...have you ever noticed those threads like: "How long have you been aware?" "How can I wake my friends and family up?" "Is a change of consciiousness in the air? Are people finally waking up?" That kind of thing. And they usually get like 600 flags each...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I agree with everything you said.

Recently I find myself calling them "flocks" - its not like sheeple, who follow TPTB (whoever they are today..), and definitely not free thinkers or independents, and/or seekers of the truth...

No matter how the "flocks" define the terms "awake" and "aware" - doesn't mean they're not still "flocking".

The only difference is now they're following the sensationalism, the opposition, and close behind the "open minded" who's brains are falling out.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I always shudder when I hear the word Sheeple, because by using it as an insider joke, we are effectivly putting ourselves in a superior position to these people and Outsiders. Being a Conspiracy Theorist is not a badge of power, it should be a symbol that we question and investigate, and alert others to the underworld around us. It is also the same when people shout the word Debunk around, as if, just because they personally believe things to be a certain way, we should stop taking notice of an issue, just because they see nothing to it, or more importantly, perhaps they want the brownie points for solving everything.

It is even worse when certain posters say, I won't let anyone tell me what to do and think, over my dead body, kicking and screaming, etc, then they reply to a topic with a one line answer " I will wait to see what ( insert relevent forum members names here ) says about it, before I make my mind up ". Then when that vey member says that there is nothing to see here, that it was only 20 stealth jets performing an exercise and flying in formation, although they can't fly that close without colliding, however, they quickly post " yes I had come to that very conclusion myself, but I didn't want to influence anyones conclusion ", well the only person they impress with this fake persona, is themselves !

Why do some people need others to tell them that there are no monsters under the bed and that it is safe to go back to sleep ?
edit on 10-8-2011 by Qwenn because: spelling

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

No, a conspiracy theorist is one who has a healthy sense of judgement of realism but also offers explanations and/or solutions

Don't make me laugh, the amount of conspiracy theorists I have come across that believe in reptilians living inside a hollow earth. They also believe that the world is run by schizophrenic shadowy organizations who, despite conspiring with millions in perfect silence, can't resist putting clues in things like major public monuments and every note of currency ever printed

What you just described was a sceptic
edit on 10/8/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join