It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: On Economy, 'Things Will Get Better' (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

What a joke...

They created 154,000 private sector jobs last month? And how many are unemployed... hmm like 30 million people? Plus ontop of that... July is when alot of school kids go and get summer jobs etc... With that in mind, its likely theres more than 154,000 teenagers looking for summer jobs... So 154 thousand jobs is like giving a starving child a raisin to satisfy their hunger...

It will never get any better, only worse... with all the new robot technology, and computer technology, the industrial age is dead, and wont be coming back... We should embrace the technology and let the robot tech free us humans from being debt slaves...

edit on 5-8-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The stock market is crashing, I'm tearing the country apart, but THANK GOD we didn't default...

Ok buddy

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What do you expect him to do? He keeps giving tax breaks to the "job creators" and they don't create jobs. Short of starting something like the TVA or government sponsored jobs there's not much else he can do.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Things will get better alright, when you and your cronies are out of office. This man sickens me to no end.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That is because jobs aren't created by so called "wealth creators." They are created when demand for goods and services exceeds existing supply capacity. Demand is a bottom to top phenomena, not a top to bottom phenomena. The President needs to fire his economic advisers. Their advice is contrary to the nature of the actual universe we live in and share.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

couldent find the link, but you only postponed default. Same time you risk increased inflation if you just keep increacing debtceiling.

EDIT: found it
edit on 5-8-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

What do you expect him to do? He keeps giving tax breaks to the "job creators" and they don't create jobs. Short of starting something like the TVA or government sponsored jobs there's not much else he can do.

Of Course there are things he can do. Tell the blasted FDA and USDA to lay off farmers for one.

Think of the USDA and the Bunnies or the FDA and USDa going after Amish and other small farmers.

Tell the EPA to lay off the small Mom & Pop businesses, that Sanchoearlyjone's brother said were his target (He works for the EPA and was told to leave the big corporations alone.)

Small businesses losing out to red tape

...when someone was willing to open up a new business, bringing with him jobs, economic vitality and tax revenues. You might think that, but you'd be wrong.

Instead, cities and states stifle new small businesses at every turn, burying them in mounds of paperwork; lengthy, expensive and arbitrary permitting processes; pointless educational requirements for occupations; or even just outright bans. Today, the Institute for Justice released a series of studies documenting government-imposed barriers to entrepreneurship in eight cities. In every city studied, overwhelming regulations destroyed or crippled would-be businesses at a time when they are most needed.

Time and again, these reports document how local bureaucrats believe they should dictate every aspect of a person's small business.... www.usatoday.com...

OBAMA, You want to do something for the economy? GET the HECK out of the WAY!

edit on 5-8-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
For those who are at work and cant watch ill paraphrase.

Blame this, blame that. Emotional pandering followed by baseless statistics followed by false hope.

I got mad, happy, sad and a boner all at the same time while I listened. I'm not sure what that means but it cant be good.

edit on 5-8-2011 by Digital_Reality because: I forgot.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Still much "smoke & mirrors" with faulty numbers to help thing look better that they really are. They don't count those who are not longer looking for work who otherwise could work.
www.cnbc.com...

Obama really didn't give much in the way of tax breaks. He only failed to rescind those that Bush implemented. And now, with the debt ceiling deal, those tax breaks will expire right after the elections in order to keep it out of the headlines.

But businesses have to plan for such things, and with all the extra red tape from all the government agencies and obamacare expenses, there's just not as much money left to hire more workers and still stay solvent. It doesn't help to have the spectre of taxes going back UP in 2013 right after the elections. Also, with decreasing manufacturing orders, there's the sense that consumers are just not as willing to buy stuff beyond the basics, so businesses have to plan on less revenue being available in the near future.

With fewer people working, there will be fewer people buying stuff (not enough money), less taxes going to the government to pay for all the programs (and the national debt). We'll see which way all this goes.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Thank you, but I am absolutely aware.

It seems the only ones who DONT get it, run the country!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Here is an easy way to create jobs.( if you weren't a corrupt douchebag)

Take the golf courses your elite buddies play on,hire the unemployed to farm it and grow organic veggies on it to feed the poor and create jobs instead of giving monsanto tax breaks.
If they can afford to give them a huuuge tax break then they can afford to reinvest in something worthwhile like people want,like jobs and a full belly.
I would call homeless people,unemployed people and starving people a national emergency and get it done.
Farms feed cities and we have enough cities and not enough farmers.

Oh I forgot...thats what a REAL president would do.

The guy is a prostitute...oops i meant lawyer...they still do the same thing so enough said.
edit on 5-8-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

That is because jobs aren't created by so called "wealth creators." They are created when demand for goods and services exceeds existing supply capacity. Demand is a bottom to top phenomena, not a top to bottom phenomena. The President needs to fire his economic advisers. Their advice is contrary to the nature of the actual universe we live in and share.

Exactly. The argument that tax breaks for the wealthy will create more jobs is one more con to make the rich richer and the rest of the people poorer. As taxes increase and inflation increases, consumer spending will decrease and more jobs will be lost. Simple maths. But the tax breaks for the wealthy will cover their cost of living rise and make sure their wealth continues to grow as the people grow poorer. Consumer spending one of the main factors that stimulates an economy.
edit on 5-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't trust Obama's definition of 'better' - just as I don't trust his definition of 'change'.......in fact I don't trust a word he says.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Oh, wow, I just got a warm fuzzy after listening to obama speech. Gee with his laser-like focus and just his word I'm sure he'll fix everything.

Are we supposed to be impressed with 154,000 when there are millions out of work and that since he's taken office unemployment hasn't come close to going below 9+%, I know the real numbers are higher then this, but we'll use the numbers obama's press like to throw around.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The guy that laid my husband off just had his multimillion dollar home foreclosed on and he is moving into the top floor of a leaky ol warehouse he owns.

Things are going to get better all right. Yeah.

At this point, it seems to me that they are thinking they can rely on psychology alone to fix things.

Fix the numbers! Smile! Act like it's all OK!

A lot of people are buying it. It's making me feel worse about everything.

I KNOW - I KNOW - I KNOW - I KNOW that someone somewhere has access to real employment numbers that show what the real rate is - IE numbers that include the people that no longer qualify for unemployment insurance.

The FOOD STAMP numbers are a much better indicator, IMO, and supposedly they only represent 60% of those eligible for them.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Think ill add this song into the mix... It is one of my favorite "truth" songs...

seeing how most other people agree its more of the same, and a false change...

Great lyrics in this song, I recommend listening to the whole thing(their whole album is great also) but if you wanna see what im talking about with obama, skip to 4:10 or so...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

....Farms feed cities and we have enough cities and not enough farmers.....

Oh Obama and Rosa DeLauro (D ct) took care of that problem too. First 16 % or more of the US GDP is from Agriculture although farmers are less than three percent of the work force.

The "Food Safety Modernization Act" just being passed in December 2010 goes in effect 2012.
The new law includes the following section:

SEC. 404. COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.
Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.
www.fda.gov...

This literally hands "food Safety" regulation over to the WTO to write. Except the WTO with the United Nations FAO/OIE have already been busy writing the regs for the last 20 years and waiting for Rosa to finally get her bill passed. She or her buddy have submitted it every year for a decade or so.

Lessons from the UK. WTO already shoved their regs down the throats of farmers in the EU.

” North Farm is the last working dairy farm left for miles. Mr Lawton said: “… all my neighbours have given up. It’s become incredibly bureaucratic and it’s completely over-powered by bureaucrats – there must be two civil servants in Defra (Department for the Environment and Rural Affairs) for every farmer in the countryside.” . …The sheer amount of paperwork and restrictions on what farmers can do is a problem – it takes up around 60 per cent of Mr Lawton’s time. “It’s difficult particularly for us family farms who don’t have a huge staff for administration,” he said” www.thisisswindon.co.uk...

On the premise that it is always good to be prepared, Here is the "Official" information about what is in store for US farmers in the not too distant future. Useful for convincing family or friends that you really are not crazy.

Links: FDA website:
www.fda.gov... - Full Text of the Law
See the left side bar for information like Frequently Asked Questions

Notice how the law references the World Trade Organization and Good Agricultural Practices by NAME!!!!

These are from United Nations FAO and OIE (Good Farming/Agriculture Practices)

FAO GAPs (fruits and veggies)
“What are Good Agricultural Practices?

...A multiplicity of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) codes, standards and regulations have been developed in recent years by the food industry and producers organizations but also governments and NGOs, aiming to codify agricultural practices at farm level for a range of commodities....”
www.fao.org... [has links]

This is a University PDF with Links to outside documents or web sites are marked in blue. Good Agricultural Practices. A Self-Audit for Growers and Handlers. ucce.ucdavis.edu...

OIE Good Farming Practices: Livestock
GUIDE TO GOOD FARMING PRACTICES FOR ANIMAL PRODUCTION FOOD

Good Dairy Farming Practice.

Short Report of what the S.O.B.s are up to:
OIE WORKING GROUP ON ANIMAL PRODUCTION FOOD SAFETY Report to the 77th General Session of the OIE International Committee - Paris, 24–29 May 2009 It is information on the World Trade organization and their grab for control of the food supply:

Rosa DeLauro's HR 875 also included this. I am just waiting for Congress to slip it back into the law as an amendment.

"in any action to enforce the requirements of the food safety law, the connection with interstate commerce required for jurisdiction SHALL BE PRESUMED TO EXIST."

THAT little gem means the FDA can come after YOU for growing veggies for your family.

The Commerce Clause:

Wickard v. Filburn got to the Supreme Court, and in 1942, the justices unanimously ruled against the farmer. The government claimed that if Mr. Filburn grew wheat for his own use, he would not be buying it — and that affected interstate commerce.... www.fff.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I don't trust Obama's definition of 'better' - just as I don't trust his definition of 'change'.......in fact I don't trust a word he says.

Obama is talking about real honest to gosh CHANGE. He just didn't tell you the change he is working towards "Global Governance"

I wrote a thread two years ago on what Obama was up to.

A year ago the director of the World Trade Organization wrote an article in The Global Journal.
Of What Use is Global Governance? by Pascal Lamy, Director, World Trade Organization (WTO) He speaks of the European Union as sort of an intermediate stage.

...the very incarnation of an international organization of integration in which Member States have agreed to relinquish sovereignty in order to strengthen the coherence and effectiveness of their actions.

...If there is one place on earth where new forms of global governance have been tested since the Second World War, it is in Europe. European integration is the most ambitious supranational governance experience ever undertaken. It is the story of interdependence desired, defined, and organized by the Member States. In no respect is the work complete—neither geographically nor in terms of depth (i.e., the powers conferred by the Member States to the E.U.), nor, obviously, in terms of identity....

Our challenge today is to establish a system of global governance that provides a better balance between leadership, effectiveness, and legitimacy on the one hand, and coherence on the other...

They are herding us more and more quickly towards their goal.

'Global Governance 2025′ by US & EU Intelligence Agencies

The National Intelligence Council's 2025 Project

Global Governance 2025 | Atlantic Council

The Atlantic Council has a summary HERE

This report analyzes the gap between current international governance institutions, organizations and norms and the demands for global governance likely to be posed by long-term strategic challenges over the next 15 years. The report is the product of research and analysis by the NIC and EUISS following a series of international dialogues co-organized by the Atlantic Council, TPN, and other partner organizations in Beijing, Tokyo, Dubai, New Delhi, Pretoria, Sao Paulo & Brasilia, Moscow, and Paris. ....

Another Article:

Global Governance 2025: at a critical juncture

Global governance – the collective management of common problems at the international level – is at a critical juncture. Although global governance institutions have racked up many successes since they were developed after the Second World War, the growing number of issues on the international agenda, and their complexity, is outpacing the ability of international organisations and national governments to cope....

Three effects of rapid globalisation are driving demands for more effective global governance....

The shift to a multipolar world is complicating the prospects for effective global governance over the next 10 years. The expanding economic clout of emerging powers increases their political influence well beyond their borders. Power is not only shifting from established powers to rising countries and, to some extent, the developing world, but also towards non-state actors. Diverse perspectives on and suspicions about global governance, which is seen as a Western concept, will add to the difficulties of effectively mastering the growing number of challenges....

It has to be obvious to most people by now where we are being herded. To accomplish the goal of a World Super government the USA has to give up her sovereignty. To do this she most be brought to her knees.

All the moves for the last fifty to a hundred years have been toward that goal. Obama is just another in a long line of TRAITORS.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by wcitizen

Obama is talking about real honest to gosh CHANGE. He just didn't tell you the change he is working towards "Global Governance"

Exactly. That's what I was referring to when I said I don't trust his definition of the word 'change'.

The very first time I heard him give a speech my internal alarm bells started ringing. I heard arrogance and much harshness and something chilling in his voice. Ho hum!

I wrote a thread two years ago on what Obama was up to.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You all realize its just lies* Another $100 million was given to Israel so read today, and since late 2008, thats wll weve heard fromw ashington...things will get better, relaly! this time its it!! and looked what happened. job didnt grow, and obma is NOT a coproate businessman, by ttodays terms and standards. its all about whording for themselves, not paying off the debt ceiling with intention, and the big banks reaping the monopolized money.
he's jsut crying wolf, or chicken little...tyhe sky is falling, the sky is falling, till one day it did, and no one belived him. in this case, the economy is getting better, the economy is gunna get better...and in this case, everyone belives him..and will be the ones who suffer for doing so, listening to a liar* the smart ones, will do better for themselves, and not listen and form thier own ideas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join