It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE STOP THE WAR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Dear Readers,

Is their anyone who is not horrified seeing the pictures of women and children in Iraqi Hospital moaning, sceraming and crying to death? Saddam tortures his people....should that be a prelude to legitimize US killing of the civilians? Consider your wife, your children under fire...appalled by the shock and awe of B52 bombs.....I know many of will scorn my endevour to shake your conscience. But remember....Someone's watching from heaven above...........

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by shockandawe]

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Not really because about 99.9% of them are casualties of Saddam.

And now, for an analogy.

Would you believe the Jews just tripped down the stairs if Hitler showed you pictures of Jews just falling down the stairs left and right?

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Is their anyone who is not horrified seeing the pictures of women and children in Iraqi Hospital moaning, sceraming and crying to death?

Yes Shockandawe,

You are right , the war should be stopped!
The US has shown they are not any better than Saddam Hussein when they murder innocent people like that.

I am starting to dislike America, not the american people, but the fascist way of the actual government.

This is the worst display of America to the world , by lowering themselves to the same level as assassins.

Why is the US always the good guys? This is CRAP!

They have shown the worst of themselves in this war without any support from the rest of the world.

I am sick and tired of those people that always make comparisons to say how bad Saddam Hussein was.

I know he is bad and he will get his payback one day.

But the way the US is going about getting rid of him , results in the slaughter of innocent women, men and children.

Shame on America for this!

Bush, its administration and the military are just assassins.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
"Is their anyone who is not horrified seeing the pictures of women and children in Iraqi Hospital moaning, sceraming and crying to death?"

Considering that most of this is likely stock footage, not really. Besides, we're talking about a society where it's not unreal to have that same kid on the street the previous day lobbing grenades... Instead, why don't you check out the footage of Halabja (the village Saddam gassed), and then see if you think that we shouldn't be ousting this man....

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sure the pictures are horrible, but like I've said before, is your media source better than mine? It comes down to the credibility of the media, they make money off those pictures you know. The media will do anything to make a story seem more interesting, that way they make more profit.

I was blinded by the media, I was pro-war. I believe it is now a distraction, the more people who know, the better. I hope you all "see the light" or so to speak. I hope you realize that this probably goes deeper than you think. More people are in on it than you first believed. And your playing into their hands, just the way they want you to...

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A restructuring of the american political institutions should encompass severe antitrust measures in the media vassalships. The american media is only partly an institution of independent journalism, it is still structured as the cold war propaganda machine it was and seems to be today, insulting the people with official peopaganda from Qatar.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
YOU people prob never talked to someone who IS from irak!?

well find one now!

i did! she escaped from irak.

and they say what is really happening there, and they say: where where all those people who are now outside demonstrating against the war when my family was killed by saddam? why didnt they protest outside with large numbers when saddam killed 2 million humand children baby's?

you know what will happen when the war stops?
YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TOO THE IRAK PEOPLE?!
they will get killed by saddam!
the war has started, if they go back now, what liberation will the irak people have? i know the war is f*cked up, people say saddam will get his payback one time, but when??????? when 6 million people are dead by his hands?!!!!!!
christ dont be so hypocriet.

remember the gulf war, the irak people are still saying: i hope the american and english troops will not leave us again like they did in the gulf war, if they stoped saddam then alot of innocent people whould be alive today.

i am not pro war, i am neutral, i dont like bush and his facist regime, and i hate his father who said some time ago that the irak and all the people who are being opressed by saddam to rise and fight back and he will help him, and what did that senior bush do! he didnt help them and he sells WEAPONS too saddam to fight them!

SO F@CK THE USA GOVERNMENT AND F@CK SADDAM.

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by Wintermorg]

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by Wintermorg]

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If the US retires now from Iraq, inspectors will come back and finish their work ... Saddam will be peacefully disarmed, as he was before the gunghoing, and pressure from all the world's countries, perhaps even including north korea and the US will make him step down sooner or later, perhaps presenting himself in democratic elections .. who knows ?

no more killing, no more massacres, no more insulting propaganda ... PEACE

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Anti-war folks irritate me for one reason: they are traitors, not to the United States (which I will admit is screwed up almost beyond repair) but to humanity. To allow a man like Hussein, who rapes tortures and slaughters his own people, to continue to hold power is to commit two sins. First there is the sin of appeasement, or sitting on the fence: to allow a regime like Saddam's to continue is to invite another Hitler and another World War. Secondly, there is the greater sin of allowing fellow human beings to live under that kind of terror. Our freedoms may be revoked under the Patriot Act but even with that revocation we are miles ahead of the freedoms the Iraqis have. Saddam starves and murders his own people because he can. That cannot be allowed.
This war would have been better if it had gone through the UN, it is thier responsibility to enforce thier own resolutions and policies. Since the UN is populated by cowards, the Coalition must do it. And since I am a proud American citizen and a prouder human being, I can do no less than support the spread of freedom and the end of genocide.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Are you a hypocrit, farsightedthirdeye ?

Why dont you make your GI's invade the ghettoes in every major US city and keep the people there from rotting if you are oh so moral ??

dom

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I've argued against every point you've made in this post in the past. To summarise:

a) I'm no traitor for saying that this war is not being fought for valid reasons.

b) Saddam is very nasty, but that's not why we're fighting this war.

c) The US/UK turned their back on the UN, not the other way around. Would it really have hurt to let Blix finish his inspections? There were only 2 months work left according to Blix, then there might actually have been an international consensus if Iraq had obstructed the inspectors.

d) I can summarise your argument like this : To produce peace in the future, we must destroy the peace now. To prevent the UN being undermined by Saddam, we must undermine the UN. To stop Iraqi people dying, we must bomb their towns and cities and kill them (even if it is "accidentally").

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
If the US retires now from Iraq, inspectors will come back and finish their work ... Saddam will be peacefully disarmed, as he was before the gunghoing, and pressure from all the world's countries, perhaps even including north korea and the US will make him step down sooner or later, perhaps presenting himself in democratic elections .. who knows ?

no more killing, no more massacres, no more insulting propaganda ... PEACE

DO YOU REALLY THINK SADDAM WILL PEACEFULLY GO?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HE HAD A CHANCE TO DO THAT YOU KNOW! IN THIS WAR! BUT NO HE DIDNT.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What is he supposed to do without weapons and with all arab countries against him ? governing a country that is a gigantic riot is impossible even for a good tactician like Saddam himself ...

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

Why dont you make your GI's invade the ghettoes in every major US city and keep the people there from rotting if you are oh so moral ??

i dont see you stop saddam

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Wooo! Need to bone up on those logic skills there. Resolution 1441 was Saddam's last chance, infinite inspections will not solve anything. The Iraqis will just move all thier weapons one step ahead of the inspectors. Inspections do not work.
You are a traitor to humanity because you piss and moan when some countries, regardless of thier sins, are trying to do the right thing.
Civilians will get killed in a war but our precision bombing technology minimizes that number. If civilians are getting killed it is because Saddam is putting them there. That is on his head, not ours.
We are fighting this war to dipose Saddam and insure world safety. Do not let your hatred and distrust of the US government cloud your thinking.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

Why dont you make your GI's invade the ghettoes in every major US city and keep the people there from rotting if you are oh so moral ?? "

What the happy hell are you talking about? I have no power to control that! All I can do is support the just actions of my government. Your agrument is both ignorant and unrealistic.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
"You hate the US"

I dont hate the US governement, but on one thing im positive : I dont trust people who have been repeatedly lying to me.

"doing the right thing, regardless of their sins"

nice ideology.. just a little dangerous ... would you let someone out of prison because he vows that in the future he will only kill people if they're evildoers ? is that "doing the right thing, regardless of your sins" ?

"we are doing this to ensure world safety"

what about the 100 bin ladens then ?

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Doing the right thing, regardless of past sins, means watching one's actions and judging their motives, pretty easy. That 100 Bin Laden's thing is garbage. Bin Laden's power comes not from his unoriginal theology, but from his monetary resources. There is not enough wealth in the Middle East to support 100 individual Bin Ladens.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
oke, hear this

saddam is in power for 35 years.

if you are not a blind c*nt you know what he did.

i am not saying i like this war and i dont like bush.

BUT

you so fully 100% anti war people (who are not saying one word against saddam if you know what i mean) had your chance!
if you are so much against the killing off innocent people (like in this war) then why dont kill saddam and his people (who hide behind children) in a way no innocent people get hurt?
well?
you had 30 years of doing it
i didnt see any action towards him in a peacefull way only kill saddam and c*nts and go away leave people be stuff

the only way to prevent this war in the past would be that saddam and his followers would be killed in a ''peacefull'' way.
like alot of people are saying, but why didnt they do it?
well i am waiting?

well?

and why arent they doing something in africa etc?
where every day children are dying because they have no food, and they life also under a regiem who rapes them. well?

well?

hello?

i hate hypocrites, i would be happy to go outside and really make a difference, but no one is following me, then sudenly there is a war and they are all over the places, then (if) the war ends and saddam is still alive and his followers and is still killing his people, then the anti war people are not to bee seen any where,

aaargh!

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The problems we speaking about (humanitarian catastrophes in africa and in US ghettoes, torture in the third world and in the US, killings in Iraq, etc...) are all adressed by the united nations, and the best way to ensure the UN is working is, for one thing, NOT to undermine them.

If the experts on the middle east, and all nations around the world (except US, UK, Iraq, Israel and the bahamas) believe inspections will ultimately defeat Saddam, then you have to play by that rule... They surely assess the situation better than people who need to lie in public to "explain" their ideology.

Ousting Saddam is a good piece of work, but unnecessary killings underway will probably be imputed on the killers by world public opinion. And i think this will encompass Iraqi as well as western responsibility ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join