It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Postal Service warns of default, bleeds money

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think that mailing back the empty envelopes would be counter productive. If they are losing money on the mail they are delivering, wouldn't delivering MORE mail (the empty envelopes) cause them to lose MORE money? I'm operating on the assumption that the postage isn't enough to deliver a piece of mail. If it's a matter of volume, then I am wrong.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
I think that mailing back the empty envelopes would be counter productive. If they are losing money on the mail they are delivering, wouldn't delivering MORE mail (the empty envelopes) cause them to lose MORE money? I'm operating on the assumption that the postage isn't enough to deliver a piece of mail. If it's a matter of volume, then I am wrong.

You're looking at it from the aspect of the envelopes must have something in them. This is not the case, because the post is paid by the companies regardless of weight. On average, companies are paying $.13 - $.22 per envelope. So add quanity to that and you have a nice dime going to the post office. The post office is going to employee carriers and have routes they drive regardless of the amount of mail.

I do have one question for the post office and that is, if you are hurting so bad, why are you continuing to give business' such huge discounts? If I use FEDEX or UPS, I pay the same amount whether I'm a business or not. That in my opinion is why they are not failing
edit on 5-8-2011 by KnightFire because: added content

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by system.robot
Great idea sending in postage paid envelopes.
I would take it a step further and glue the envelope to a brick,
Or some other heavy object. Isn't the postage paid by weight?
Perhaps if these companies get enough bricks they will take your name off if the junkmail list
Just a thought.

I got so tired of getting junk mail that I started to do the same thing, however I kept a few cardboard boxes around that I cut up to envelope size sections and "fill" it out enough to bump up the postage as much as it can fit. I still get junk mail, but I wish I could see their faces when they get their ripped up spam contents and some nice carboard with the word NO written in large black marker.

I hate junk mail, but then again, if they pay for it, why not send it back equally as annoying as they sent it?

King

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
I got so tired of getting junk mail that I started to do the same thing, however I kept a few cardboard boxes around that I cut up to envelope size sections and "fill" it out enough to bump up the postage as much as it can fit. I still get junk mail, but I wish I could see their faces when they get their ripped up spam contents and some nice carboard with the word NO written in large black marker.
I hate junk mail, but then again, if they pay for it, why not send it back equally as annoying as they sent it?
King
You also have the option to to have only first class mail delivered. All that junk mail is pre paid, so the carriers are more then happy to not have to carry it if they don't have to. If you live in a house, just stop the carrier and make the request, or leave a note in the mail box.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79

Originally posted by system.robot
Great idea sending in postage paid envelopes.
I would take it a step further and glue the envelope to a brick,
Or some other heavy object. Isn't the postage paid by weight?
Perhaps if these companies get enough bricks they will take your name off if the junkmail list
Just a thought.

King

This is awesome! I never thought about sending them back a piece of cardboard. Guess these fools will be getting more cardboard from now on.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I bet amazon is ##SNIP## in its pants right now.
second
edit on 6-8-2011 by SophyC76 because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on Mon Aug 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

It is very important for us to help in the regard and if they call us , we will definitely help them.

edit on 15-8-2011 by steevemartin1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I just got this tip about how to hit these people in their pocket book. I get junk mail delivered to my house every day. I am now responding to the junk mailer's who have a return envelope within the junk mail with up to 4oz of junk mail in return. If everyone did this they will end up spending alot of money on wasted postage. This will also benefit your local USPS with more funds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join