It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must read, pre-released article regarding Bin Laden's death!!! Amazing detail!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This article is lengthy, so make sure to grab a cup of coffee and settle in. This should certainly answer some of the questions floating around regarding Obama's ability to view the raid, as well as other theories regarding how the mission played out. The article has yet to be released by the New Yorker and should be available for everyone on Monday 8/8/2011, reason alone to read up.

I will only post a couple snippets from the source, but do have something to add regarding Bin Laden's death.... The person I received this article from, stated a credible source reported Bin Laden is alive and well at Guantanimo bay (sp), witnessed with his own eyes. Do I believe it? No, they didn't even state the sources name, but still thought provoking and worth debate.

Read article here!

Shortly after eleven o’clock on the night of May 1st, two MH-60 Black Hawk helicopters lifted off from Jalalabad Air Field, in eastern Afghanistan, and embarked on a covert mission into Pakistan to kill Osama bin Laden. Inside the aircraft were twenty-three Navy SEALs from Team Six, which is officially known as the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, or DEVGRU. A Pakistani-American translator, whom I will call Ahmed, and a dog named Cairo—a Belgian Malinois—were also aboard. It was a moonless evening, and the helicopters’ pilots, wearing night-vision goggles, flew without lights over mountains that straddle the border with Pakistan. Radio communications were kept to a minimum, and an eerie calm settled inside the aircraft. Read more www.newyorker.com...

The detail given throughout the article, puts you right there with Seal Team Six, from their first knowledge of the target, to Obama's visit thanking them for their service.

The helicopters traversed Mohmand, one of Pakistan’s seven tribal areas, skirted the north of Peshawar, and continued due east. The commander of DEVGRU’s Red Squadron, whom I will call James, sat on the floor, squeezed among ten other SEALs, Ahmed, and Cairo. (The names of all the covert operators mentioned in this story have been changed.) James, a broad-chested man in his late thirties, does not have the lithe swimmer’s frame that one might expect of a SEAL—he is built more like a discus thrower. That night, he wore a shirt and trousers in Desert Digital Camouflage, and carried a silenced Sig Sauer P226 pistol, along with extra ammunition; a CamelBak, for hydration; and gel shots, for endurance. He held a short-barrel, silenced M4 rifle. (Others SEALs had chosen the Heckler & Koch MP7.) A “blowout kit,” for treating field trauma, was tucked into the small of James’s back. Stuffed into one of his pockets was a laminated gridded map of the compound. In another pocket was a booklet with photographs and physical descriptions of the people suspected of being inside. He wore a noise-cancelling headset, which blocked out nearly everything besides his heartbeat. Read more www.newyorker.com...

I know this topic has been discussed to death, but all articles predating this were speculation, and rumored reports. This is the real deal, and was obviously written with first hand experience, or after a thorough debrief.
edit on 8/5/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

Sorry but I'm not buying it. OBL died 10 years ago and this sham in Pakistan has been over cooked dozens of times by the media with "new and improved" versions every couple of months with more add ons. Whatever took place in Pakistan, that was not OBL the Seals allege they captured.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

agreed. kidney failure -2001.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Someone already posted a thread about this article a few days ago. Why are you claiming it's not going to be released until 8/8?
edit on 5-8-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Too much detail. Those with a nationalistic view point will probably love it. Expecting a few chants of 'USA USA'.
I personally dont buy it for one second. The truth will eventually come out.

st.
edit on 5-8-2011 by SatoriTheory because: Typosaurus

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I haven't read the entire article, but I thought the tones of the excerts you posted were rather "fiction writer" style.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
black hawks? what about that "stealth" tail photo
they showed us after

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

No need to explain yourself, it is nearly impossible to decipher fact from fiction in the news we read today. This article could very well be a carefully constructed answer to the theories floating around since Osama's demise, and I am in no way opposed to that train of thought. With that said, I am more inclined to believe that we have been well aware of his location for years, and only chose to seek him out when the time was strategically, and politically right. At the end of the day I don't care if it was 10 years ago, 3 months ago, captured, tortured, you name it....as long as he is no longer in power.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here is another version:-

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

That's how it was explained to me, I just agreed with it when I saw the article dated as August 8, 2011.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Agreed! I love Seal stories no matter the topic at hand, so rah rah USA tends to go hand in hand with these guys! Their BA what can I say!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
What a load of crap, they're referencing twitter post and saying there were no helmet mounted cameras..

Then it rambles on to talk about how "one seal shot him in the chest while an other seal shot him in the head as he was falling backwards". Then after the unarmed osama was confirmed dead, president Obama said "we got him". And only two armed people in the entire complex, wtf..

I for one can't believe this crap because, it took them like a long time to release this information as well as the whole video blackout and supposedly the president and other officials watching this all happen in the situation room.
Just to many damn lies for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Well then you will definitely consider the article to be a fiction movie...

I related the attention to detail to that of first hand experience, or a complete debrief of the mission.

I have posted this article to add to the discussions we have previously had as a community on this topic. It seems that it was posted a few days ago, so this is certainly not as thought provoking as I originally intended and can be removed by a mod if it is indeed a repost....

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

It is stated in the article that there were no helmet mounted cameras, but rather the raid was viewed from a drone flying above at 15,000 feet. The time spent w/i the compound was not viewed by Obama, and he was not aware of the goings on until the seal team reported...."Geronimo."

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The entire story seems strange to me. I still don't understand why they could not have atleast filmed them dropping his body into the sea? ~SheopleNation

new topics

top topics

join