It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Cops, a UFO and an Alligator

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Mhm, well if my doctor friend were here she would say "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not unicorns"...

It's a phrase I'm fond of and use often.

You're assuming though that the idea is to use secret projects to dominate the battlefield? The American military hasnt really needed it. Every enemy they've fought has been far inferior. But maybe they'll be necessary against China or Russia? And who's to say they havent already used them in secret, with plausible deniability?

Not assuming; weighing current technology against past technology and finding an imbalance. The dangers of the 'secret technology' explanation is it replaces a mystery X with a mystery Y. Instead of 'aliens' with unknown technologies, we say it's people with unknown technologies.

Here we see an extension of that argument that suggests the US has decades-old technology that is being saved for Sunday best. Losing the war in Vietnam, accelerating the Cold War arms race under Reagan and responding to 9/11 would seem like reasonable moments in time to unveil whatever stealthy magic the two sheriffs claimed to have seen. Likewise, technology grows apace and most steps are often inevitable. Wouldn't we expect the Russians, or allies, to have something at least resembling their descriptions?

Briefly, they described a 200' wide, 40' to 50' thick dark grey object that moved from A to B and back again in silence with no noticeable air movement. It might have generated heat (as Goode described), but I think Old Retiree's comment about the heat shield on the exhaust manifold is an interesting one.

Stealth blimps have been in the news for a couple of decades and aerospace firms frequently show prototypes for industry insiders and selected journos. Black budgets also hide a ton of mysteries. Still, does that description sound like a solid, material aircraft that we've had for over 50 years?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
Mhm, it doesnt really solve anything, but the more you research anything from a psychological approach, the more it confirms it. Either way it is a mystery, but I have yet to see any account that requires a paranormal explanation. And dont take me to be one who has not had bizarre experiences! I just dont buy the alien stuff.

For one thing, it is incredibly hard to judge distance and size in good conditions, let alone dark - and for something you have never seen before, you have no size comparison in mind. The TV show Monster Quest did an excellent experiment demonstrating this. Regardless, even if they were somehow accurate despite their awe, it might have been the only one of that size. And that said, if it "flies" by electromagnetic field of the earth, weight is no real consequence to it. It could be as big as they wish.

I do expect the Russians and Chinese, Germans perhaps would have similar things. Who knows, maybe the wealthy of every country are all in kahootz and use them to manipulate us?

That stealth helicopter in Pakistan was never revealed - it was only spoken of once one crashed and photos leaked. But people have witnessed them for decades. Countless cattle mutilation stories witness stealth helicopters leaving the area. You can also find videos on youtube of helicopters that appear like "ufos" in the dark. One just has to ask if that is a deliberate ruse...

As for the wars, one has to ponder whether they are 'meant' to be won, lost, whatever. They make money, and thats all that matters. Did the US truly lose Vietnam? Consider the body count of 50,000 vs 2 million. Consider what it did for the economy. Consider the people who became rich profiteering it.

Again, the US has never been in danger of destruction - I imagine WW3 will not even showcase them. Perhaps theyll be used in secret. Perhaps like in the Watchmen, theyll be used to fake an alien invasion to unite the world under one government. Who knows, not I

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
That's a pretty interesting witness descritpion right there.

"The bulk of the object was plainly visible at this time and appeared to be triangular shaped with a bright purple light on the left end and the smaller, less bright, blue light on the right end. The bulk of the object appeared to be dark gray in color with no other distinguishing features. It appeared to be about 200 feet wide and 40-50 feet thick in the middle, tapering off toward both ends. There was no noise or any trail. The bright purple light illuminated the ground directly underneath it and the area in front of it, including the highway and the interior of our patrol car.
After arriving at approximately its original position,it went straight up in the air and disappeared at 25-30 degrees above the horizon."

Deputy Sheriff Bob Goode Damon, Texas, United States September 3, 1965
Object also witnessed by Chief Deputy Billy McCoy

Recent news report:

HOUSTON - On the back roads of Brazoria County, somewhere between Damon and West Columbia along Highway 36, they still talk about a pair of purple and blue lights. It's the story of Brazoria County Deputy Bob Goode and Chief Deputy Billy Edwin McCoy. It was September 3, 1965 when they spotted the mile wide UFO with Purple and Blue Lights.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

This is a great thread. Too bad I didn't know about this earlier. I would have loved to ask oldretiree some questions. Kandinsky what are you thoughts at this point? Did you have any conversations with oldretiree offline?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join