It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Orange Goo Washes Up In Alaska Village

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Scientists have identified an orange-colored gunk that appeared along the shore of a remote Alaska village as millions of microscopic eggs.

But the mystery isn't quite solved. Officials with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) said Monday they don't know what species the eggs are -- or if they are toxic.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

WOW

That is even more crazy than not knowing was. God knows what will hatch from those eggs.

Tiny alien species??

edit:
Wait a minute!! What species that is microscopic lays eggs?!?!? I associate egg laying with large critters; not microbes. This is really weird indeed.
edit on 8/9/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Link to Latest Update about Orange Goo, it's "eggs".

Umm...okay, then what about the report that the same orange goo is showing up in rain buckets?

Eggs raining from the sky?

What the hell is going to hatch from those eggs? There must be trillions of them.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Scientists have identified an orange-colored gunk that appeared along the shore of a remote Alaska village as millions of microscopic eggs filled with fatty droplets.

But the mystery is not quite solved. Officials with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Monday they don't know for sure what species the eggs are, although they believe they are some kind of crustacean eggs or embryos. They also don't know if the eggs are toxic, and that worries many of the 374 residents of Kivalina, an Inupiat Eskimo community located at the tip of an 8-mile barrier reef on Alaska's northwest coast.

edit on 8/9/2011 by Cryptonomicon because: quote

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
As I think about it, frogs lay eggs, but they are not microscopic. Coral spawn is microscopic, but then again that isn't eggs, per se.

Strong storms have sucked up stuff from oceans and lakes before and dropped it over land, but this just seems unexplainable to me. I hope they can identify the species. "Is it even terrestrial?" might be a good question to start with.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join