It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Bang Proves Creationism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by loneranger26
Well the big bang theory is well, just that, a theory. And according to the bible, god creates the universe in basically one week, where he created man at the end. This cannot be on the sure fact that dinosaurs existed on our planet 65 million years ago and back. Why are they not mentioned??

why the heck do people suggest one side and suggest the other, but refuse, completely refuse to smosh the two theories together? seriously, what is wrong with this? that is the problem, people do not shove two answers together, because you are taught that creationism and big bang theory cannot co exist. Thus creating problems with people of other opinion. Factions amongst those of other opinion. Yahad=unity
edit on 5-8-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Not sure how to do a quote from you here--- But Mom/Randyvs I love your reply, thank you!
I am so glad you responded with that wonderful note! Yes, yes, this guy is amazing--

Let me know what you think after read his stuff---

There are a bunch of free excerpts from all of his books on the "Archive Journal" page at his website-- My favorite of his stuff was his book "The Child Within Us Lives! A Synthesis of Science, Religion and Metaphysics"----He had the gift of prophecy too---but, he does not say much about that, he just points us back to our own Inner Knowing--He wrote his books as a guide so we can survive the days ahead with Intelligence and Love. ( we connect with our own Divine Self-- "The Child" is the Inner Guide, much like the Photon which is All knowing and Everywhere at once) He passed away quite a few years ago, but his message is even more relevant, meaningful, and useful for today.

Anyway, a big thank you--- and Enjoy his pages---lot's of great stuff!

www.williamsamuel.com (go to the journal archive page, for much free reading and exploring)

Love, SweetMystery

edit on 5-8-2011 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So many nice examples of god of the gaps in this thread

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
So many nice examples of god of the gaps in this thread

What does that mean? What is god of the gaps?

Thanks, SweetMystery

oh la la, I think I figured out how to do the quotes thingy!!

edit on 5-8-2011 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

what we don't know vastly outweighs what we do know. still fun to chase answers, yes. big bang is science theory made up by people. religions are also made up by people. i was not aware the universe is expanding, but i'm not able to wrap my head around something that goes on forever and ever to begin with.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
the big bang doesnt prove anything because its a theory and just like religion it could also be wrong

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by otaris
the big bang doesnt prove anything because its a theory and just like religion it could also be wrong

Erhmm... The big bang probably did happen. The more religious people accept this and combined it with their beliefs the sooner we can all have harmony rather than dissonance
edit on 5-8-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

"The Big Bang Proves Creationism"
This is precisely why I believe it is wrong. I am not alone on this.

First, lets look at the origins of the Big Bang Theory (BBT).
It was first proposed by a Georges Lemaître -a Belgian priest, astronomer and professor of physics at the Catholic University of Louvain. en.wikipedia.org...

The fact that religionists embrace this theory - including the Pope - really puts me off it.

The Universe has no end as far as we know. We have not seen it. In fact, mainstream cosmologists mainly agree on this point. There is a horizon we cannot see beyond at this time. Maps that include millions of galactic data points have been made and theoretical models created that show a very different Universe than was imagined since Einstein and Lemaître's time.

Rather than an expanding singularity as proposed in BBT, these simulations from the Max Planc institute suggest something quite different.

Note the filamentary nature of the matter and charged plasma, forming along massive arcs - like the skin of bubbles - and the vast empty voids between them. Note the clustering of galaxies into nodes.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
reply to post by kalunom

"The Big Bang Proves Creationism"
This is precisely why I believe it is wrong. I am not alone on this.

First, lets look at the origins of the Big Bang Theory (BBT).
It was first proposed by a Georges Lemaître -a Belgian priest, astronomer and professor of physics at the Catholic University of Louvain. en.wikipedia.org...

The fact that religionists embrace this theory - including the Pope - really puts me off it.

The Universe has no end as far as we know. We have not seen it. In fact, mainstream cosmologists mainly agree on this point. There is a horizon we cannot see beyond at this time. Maps that include millions of galactic data points have been made and theoretical models created that show a very different Universe than was imagined since Einstein and Lemaître's time.

Rather than an expanding singularity as proposed in BBT, these simulations from the Max Planc institute suggest something quite different.

Note the filamentary nature of the matter and charged plasma, forming along massive arcs - like the skin of bubbles - and the vast empty voids between them. Note the clustering of galaxies into nodes.

Do you ever notice that everything we say or write or think is happening within Awareness? Why are we so interested in the things we think about and not the Fact of our Awareness that 'can think'--- If I could ride the Hubble to the edges of time and space-- Awareness would be there-- and it would not have changed, or aged, or gone from here to there--- We miss the Fact of This Awareness that is Omnipresent and Omniscient---even when someone dies, Awareness goes right on being Aware---Perhaps we should consider if this Awareness might be somehow 'related' to Something Infinite and Eternal and Ever Present---Something that is Immutable, Unbound and Every Where at once----Something that is Intelligent, Conscious, Alive and so very much like we would think of as God--- Perhaps God Itself is right here as the very awareness that thinks, and reads, and writes and wonders and ponders upon "god' ----God does not care what 'we think' because God and God's Awareness is not harmed or hindered or affected by 'what we do or think' ---Awareness goes right being aware---

Well, just wondering if you ever stop to notice this fact----you cannot do anything or go anywhere without Awareness. Its intwined with 'I Am" --- as in "I am aware there for I Am' --- Anyway, for me it is all about Mind and Awareness and not so much about the gazillion thoughts and ideas within this Awareness.

As I mentioned here a few posts back, go see the writings of William Samuel, you will be very impressed by his honesty and unpretentious brilliance. And when you start to grasp what he is pointing to and you will soon discover for your self a new understanding that will lift your Heart to greater more expansive views of the Truth that are above and beyond the ordinary dualistic plain.

www.williamsamuel.com You will find lots of free excerpt there to read--- but to read his books in total context and you will recognize for your self the Light and Truth in his message when you see it. Like "oh yes, of course, now I remember!"

Love, Sweet Mystery
edit on 6-8-2011 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2011 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Just because you, or lots of people believe something, doesn't make it true. The "Big Bang" is religion disguised as science!

For every ounce of logic thrown at a beLIEver, they will deny with blind submission and reply that some sort of magic made it so, not to ask so many questions, and just be awestruck / fearful of the almighty...

I'm surprised that it hasn't come up by now but...

Lets assume that someone did wave a hand or blink or whatever and the universe poofed into existence from the Big Bang... and with that magic the universe escaped it's own gravity well, and with all that mass and energy suddenly 'banging' it would have been like a super-nova.
We know that in a supernova the heavier elements are created so... heavy elements should be strewn about the universe more or less equally.

What's the point? There's something called a Population II star. These stars are devoid of heavy elements.

Please explain the Population II stars? Their existence is a direct contradiction... but religion can come up with something for that...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

That's how it starts X ! That's how it all started for me. At first, God was only between the cracks in the sidewalk. From there, I remember he moved quickly. Suddenly, he was in every crack and he filled every gap as well. See once you start see'in him in the gaps ? It dosn't take long from there. Soon you will see him in everything. I think you may be about to join us thumpers, X ?

It always starts with the gaps.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Without reading that whole thread now,

the big bang theory is only ONE theory, and not even the best one.

The universe might be indeed "endless" with unlimited big bangs, the one we observe is only one of them. Or its something else altogether.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Yea Yea jesus blah blah, but where do i sign up for the unicorn thing? can i bring my tamborine?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I suspect you don't believe in anything, because your not fully aware of what it is to begin with...hard to believe in something your not educated on..it is up to you however to educate yourself or not..but I recommend if you can't be bothered to educate yourself, then don't hold any strong opinions on it overall, else you may look foolish (like me not believing in japan because I never bothered looking at a map)

Spurt,
you just made me laugh my coffee out! Nice way of putting it. You deserve a gadzillion stars for the Japan comment. I think we should use it throughout ATS wherever we see ignorance being used as proof.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I've been teaching that for years upon years but no one seems interested.

God creates (the moment of creation is what we call the big bang) then installs what we call evolution as the means of growth and change. First creation then evolution. Simple. Except that it leaves out the Bible and that is the problem for creationists. They may say "creation" but they mean "Genesis creation" as though there could be no other kind already.

Another thought is:

Science takes us back to the moment of creation where faith then takes over and takes us further back. Great huh? Except that if this is true then the Christians have nothing to complain and feel persecuted about.

Yeah.... for years I've been teaching this.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by otaris
Well what if I said that God caused the big bang. Wouldn't both sides be right then?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Is it so hard to believe that matter just simply exists?

As a human we are limited to our perspective of the universe, a linear outlook shaped around hundreds of years worth of hereditary knowledge... If we could ask another species of animal about the universe their views would be totally different!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack

Great post.

About this video. I seen it before, is the simulation meant that every point of light is a galaxy, or a universal bubble, etc...its a very cool video nevertheless and makes the mind wander...
looks like a neural net.

Also, it gives me both a sense of total insignificance, and a mad desire for us as a species to get out there and rapidly colonize as much as possible for the fear of losing it all in this one basket town we are currently in
edit on 6-8-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
Yea Yea jesus blah blah, but where do i sign up for the unicorn thing? can i bring my tamborine?

Unicorns prefer flutes...thought everyone knew that!

You must pay 10% of your wages to the temple..that goes without saying, but on the upside, you get all the free candy corn you could ever want (it is through candy corn that we remember the sacrifice the unicorns gave to humans)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
saying 'god did it' is like saying ' its magic'. if i pulled a coin from behind your ear and told you god put it there, would you beleive me? no, you would understand that is was a trick, slight of hand. the only people that beleive 'god did it' are people that cant understand the 'trick'.

now im not saying god doesnt exist (people are entitled to beleive wotever they want) but untill there is some actual proof to support it than im gunna stick to science (and if you reply to this please do not quote the bible to me, claiming it as proof).

i understand that we actually dont know how the universe came into existance, the big bang is just the working theory at the moment and as science advances we may find evidance that favors a different theory, but i dont think those theorys will involve god any time soon.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join