It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could bring one band back, what would it be?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
As much as I love the Beatles, no. They were meant to be in the 60's and wouldn't have worked in the 70's - just look at the crap McCartney did. UGH!

crap McCartney did. UGH!

Seriously, if there's any Beatle you should be hating on it's Ringo.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

edit on 23-8-2011 by LadyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
As much as I love the Beatles, no. They were meant to be in the 60's and wouldn't have worked in the 70's - just look at the crap McCartney did. UGH!

The 70's was Macca unrestrained by the coolness of John. If Paul had full reign on the Beatles material then 'Silly Love Songs' would have been a Beatles song.

"The sound you make is muzak to my ears" John Lennon on Paul McCartney.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Then prepare to hurl all kinds of rocks at me because I never thought The Beatles were anything special. Not a single good song. As a group or solo, they were all overrated.

As for which band I'd like to bring back? Tough choice, quite a lot of them. Probably go with Pantera though, they're needed now more than ever.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I think you have to refer to them at the time. The Sargeant Pepper album was the first ever collaboration, or any really mixing, with an orchestra at the time. it was pretty innovative for the era.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

That's the thing, sure they did stuff like that but I don't really hail Little Richard either even though he helped make rock and roll popular.

Black Sabbath pretty much invented my fave genre of music but if they didn't have the songs I enjoy listening to I wouldn't really cite them either.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Should have been a little more specific. The crap Macca & Wings did in the 70's and on was crap. I liked his stuff, mostly, in the Beatles but not solo. Killer bass line in Taxman, I was a noticing the other day.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
I'd bring back The Sisters of Mercy.

Given that its fundamentally one guy with a drum machine, and that he still tours to this day (even if he chooses not to record anything), I'm not sure thats a good selection.

My choice would be Queen.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Back in the day when it was Andrew Eldridge, Wayne Hussey and the other guy, they were brilliant.

I think it's a great idea to bring them back

Plus Queen?? You reckon that's a good idea?

Luckily, I'm only here to promote my own choice of band, not slate other peoples'

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
There are several that I would bring back: First Queen, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Sublime, Nirvana, and Candlebox.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble
2nd

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Cant believe no ones mentioned Jeff Buckley. One documentary called him Jimmy Page and Robert Plant rolled into one.

Also gotta agree with the person who said Rage Against the Machine. If there was a band that the world needs right now its Rage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join