It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You See Auras In Pictures?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is not a thread about Kirlian photography.

Pretty simple question. Can an 'aura' be seen about a person/creature in a normal photograph?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Unsure really, i have seen orange and yellow slight tints about people at night, but not from the street lamps, i once went to Waverley Abbey in England with a group to explore at night. I noticed that the spiritual person who was with us had a tint of yellow about him.

I made the point on that night to mention it, he said something about some pressure point meditation thingy, i couldn't remember what he called it, sounded like chuck or something lol.

Im not a spiritualist so i wouldn't know what he was on about, but i was hooked on his story.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I guess it would depend on what spectrum the camera can shoot in. Regular camera I would say no.

IRM

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hmmm well.

I think it depends what you mean by aura, if you mean a physical thing like a light or a colour then I would say obviously not or we would have noticed by now.
If you mean aura in the sense of this dictionary definition

1. a distinctive and pervasive quality or character; air; atmosphere: an aura of respectability; an aura of friendliness.
2. a subtly pervasive quality or atmosphere seen as emanating from a person, place, or thing.

Then I would say that you maybe can, often you can look at photographs and get a feeling of warmth or friendliness or even a sense of evil from it. Whether that is something intrinsic about the photo though or just your association with it I couldn't say

Edit to add as a point to InfaRedMan as it seems appropriate

Digital cameras actually pic up a lot of near infared light, you can see this by point one at a remote control pressing one of the buttons and taking a pic, the light from the remote will come out of the image.

edit on 5-8-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I'm referring to the metaphysical concept of auras.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
No, but I've recently seen my own aura. Also, I notice the aura of one other person too.

My own aura I saw looking at my hands. It was bluish white. I saw the aura briefly around a stranger's face recently it too was a bluish white.

That has never happened to me before, so I'm not sure what to make of it or what it means.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

I've always been able to see aura's around people, some are much larger and brighter than others. You can test it on yourself in a dark room~ slowly put your hands together and move away gently, after a few times you will see a glow between your hands and surrounding them. Mostly the aura's I see are just one colour, only a few times I have seen bright colours, and sometimes you can see a very small aura which I have taken to mean the person is not 100% healthy (from my experience).

As for picking it up on a camera, I dont fully understand the whole concept of what an aura is (as I said before I thought everyone could see them) so I wouldnt know if it needs a special lens...however, I have never picked up an aura in any photo I have ever taken.

edit on 7-8-2011 by CherryV because: Took out some personal info

join