It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1912 Newpaper Cartoons Explain everything happening today. Everyone Should See

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NellahB

dont you realise what you are doing ? you are seperating, you divide a community or nation or country. YOU are creating the problems, when you badger certain people or groups.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has pointed this out.

But are you sure the cartoons are from 1912? One of them depicts Joseph Stalin, so I think they must date from 1922 onwards. Or the one which shows Stalin at least.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

Anti Semite by definition is Anti Language, not People.

are you sure ? what about "herrenrasse" and "untermenschen" ?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by HermitShip

Anti Semite by definition is Anti Language, not People.

are you sure ? what about "herrenrasse" and "untermenschen" ?

Dude, why are you turning this into an antisemitic thread? It started harmlessly about a 1912 comic and you try deliberately to accuse everyone in sight of being antisemitic...

In the context of 1912 the Rothschilds were the most influential bankers in Europe and (until 1914) owners of the No 1 bank in the world. And they were jewish. So what?

And of course these old cartoons have a message that still has its validity today. Banks play a major part in the actual economic crisis. That's exactly why the Rothchilds (again, it's 1912) are depicted. Rothchild=banker Get it? Today they would use Deutsche Bank, UBS, HSBC whatever you like...

So if someone is posting something negative about the Rothschilds substitute their name with the word banker. Makes us all feel better and this thread more productive...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beltemps

i didnt mean to hijack this thread. if you would read my first posts, you would see that i ASKED if this cartoon is tinted in an antisemitic way.
so i asked, what did i get ? i got frustrated hateful people try to bash me, people who look for scapegoats and the guilty ones for their unlucky existence.
i take racism and antisemitism personally, because i am a mixed-blood. i fight these things in my own interest and in self-defence.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

You need to chill out dude!!

Not everybody thinks the way you think they do!

I'd say your chip has made you paranoid!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

i am ok. i sometimes use too big cannons to shot back.
but if i see things like "its the jews fault" or "blacks are of lesser value" i see red.
i get very emotional and upset.
so, to avoid any misunderstanding: is anyone here thinking he or she is a better human because of race or culture, so say it. i challenge you.

ps.: What do you mean by "chip" ? my cpu ?

edit on 6-8-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Icepack, that's exactly the problem. If people like to be antisemitic (no matter why) it's their choice and right to be. If they decide to be antiislamic it's their right too. Same applies to every religion or nation in the world.

Sure there's nothing to applaude. But labelling someone as antisemitic won't help much. Citing 70 year old nazi terms either. If you do this the next step will be the discussion about Israel's genocide in Palestine. And all this just because of an old cartoon from 1912?

Stop taking it personally and try to understand why a lot of people have issues with the jews. I am half persian. I've been to "my" country several times and it's beautiful as are the people. I used to fight everyone who said something against this nation. When the voices against Iran got louder I started to consider their arguments and tried to understand their motivation. We fear what we don't understand and we envy what we don't have. People are afraid that every iranian is like his leader. People like stereotypes and cliches and the actual picture of your everyday iranian is that he sends his children with bombs strapped to their bodies on suicide missions, that he hates jews and wants to destroy israel, that he's craving for the atom bomb to destroy the planet... Nothing could be further from the truth but tbh I would be afraid too if I didn't know better... That's the power of MSM... And the lack of critical thinking...

If you want to defend your origins (again) stop taking everything personally and stop blaming everyone of being antisemitic. Actually I think only a very small percentage is really antisemitic. Most are not sufficiently informed or just want to join in.

Sorry if this sounds like a lecture... It's just my two cents...

edit on 6/8/11 by beltemps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

OK time to kill this right here and now.

Is the cartoon or Rothschild riding the back of the world held up by Atlas dressed as a king, Antisemitic?

Answer: No.

There is nothing in the cartoon to suggest that it is, but everything to suggest that the family was and still is extremely powerful banking dynasty. with power and influence in every central bank on the planet. fact.

done, finshed, ended.

Can we PLEASE get on with discussing the striking irony that history repeats itself, and that WE the people are stupid enough to never learn from our own mistakes. Even hamsters learn faster than we do.

edit on 6/8/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Would you people please shut up with this crap? It's a retarded argument anyways, but especially considering what the thread is about/the stuff that's already been posted

Here's a quote from the cartoon I posted...

"When anybody preaches disunity - tries to pit one of us against the other, through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives..."

Originally posted by 1825114
Another good old cartoon...
50 year old cartoon about American Life - Must See!

Originally posted by patmac
I woke up this morning to find this cartoon sitting in my inbox. I was absolutely shocked to find out how relevant it still is, despite the fact that it's roughly 50 years old. It encapsulates a particular charm and wit (not to mention nostalgia) alongside a perfect 10 minute summary of the golden age of 'American Life'.

This is a must watch for anyone, and should be shown to children of all ages in schools. Perhaps if we had cartoons like this, instead of shows like YuGuio, Digimon (and whatever other garbage they shovel our kids), they wouldn't grow up to be slaves.

edit on 6-8-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by beltemps

stop blaming everyone of being antisemitic.

i did not do that, not at all.
what you are talking about is politics. it has nothing to do with race or religion.
you say, some people have problems with jews. i say, its politics.
no matter if you are muslim, jew or christian, you should obey your god, which says in all religions: respect others, do not kill... etc
what is happening right now is a fight for resources and wealth with religious excuses.
muslim who say "jews are bad" or jews who say "muslims are bad" or christian who say "jews and muslims are bad" are rabble-rousers looking for prey. they are are not serving their god.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Even hamsters learn faster than we do.

Actually they have to... Their attention span Is much shorter not to mention their life span...

But right you are...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

When anybody preaches disunity - tries to pit one of us against the other, through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives..."

thank you, that is exactly what i am talking about.
these cartoon are parodies, exagerations of reality.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

which is exactly the point of satirical political cartoon commentary.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well, if anything this should show you that things are not all that different in the government.....They were screwed up then to..... So... we are not nearly as doomed as so many think.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Would you people please shut up with this crap? It's a retarded argument anyways, but especially considering what the thread is about/the stuff that's already been posted

Keep cool, dude... we were not preventing anyone from posting on topic. If you don't want people to argue the way they want to maybe you should open your own blog and stop posting on ats...
edit on 6/8/11 by beltemps because: my own stupidity...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
on topic: arent there many law suits against banksters right now, that deliberatly damaged consumers interests ?
so, if bankers break the law they might end up in jail. and the u.s.a. has laws to protect the consumers.
if you are talking about lobbyism and corruption, consider to what extent it is real.
criminals are in every country and law enforcement is the key.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

No it is not. They are of no religion but claim to be Jewish. The majority of jews do not have a full understanding of what goes on. Some follow but do not understand how evil these human beings are. He attaches himself to the Jews but sacrifices them out for his own ends. He cares for nothing but power and money. Look closely at history. The Rothschild family placed Lenin, Trotsky, even Hitler himself into power. Think they cared that 50 million people died in WW II? No!! And if they were really Jewish millions of their own people were systematically exterminated. No this family claims to be jewish but created Israel to create WW III simple as that. Remember to them its just business.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ansuzrune

Some follow but do not understand how evil these human beings are.

you know that song from sting or police ? "...and the russians love their children, too" or something like that.
there are criminals, but monsters ? monster families ? that feed and care for their children ?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by EmVeeFF
reply to post by camaro68ss

Notice the republicans and uncle sam are standing on the LEFT side...

I found that to be the most interesting statement of them all... another bit of truth though...

i dident catch that, nice find. star for you

Actually then, the Republicans were on the left of social issues. The Republicans were the ones who opposed slavery, but it was not until the 1920s that the Democrats went left.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join