It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1912 Newpaper Cartoons Explain everything happening today. Everyone Should See

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I love this stuff!!

Star and Flag!!

I add my fav oldie image that tells it how it is....for your enjoyment!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

OK, At that level it's no longer about cash wealth. They could buy the planet! Here your are talking about the "upper echelons" of the controlling oligarchs. But if you politically correct stance makes you feel better. I won't trouble you.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Starred and flagged you for this, its brilliant.

Those cartoons are so poignant and show exactly what was wrong then and blow me, what is wrong yet again today and its the same group and person responsible. We have a central banking system that shafts ordinary people, companies and governments purely to satisfy an indecent lust for power and greed. When you hold so much money you couldn't even count in your lifetime something should mentally switch off, but it doesn't with psychopaths who only care about theirselves and their urges, whether it be sex, exploitation or greed etc.

Although 'special' laws are in place to protect the bankers who control the world and its probably possible to link a web of banks and psychos controlling this latest fiasco, its time to make some new laws about monopolies that hold the world to ransom and, as the last cartoon aptly showed, perhaps an off-world home for financial psychopaths should be built so they can sit safely away from the rest of humanity,count their money and the world can get back to being a more secure, happier and productive planet. We have years to catch up on. One can imagine them all together nicely tucked up. Saturn looks a good bet and we won't know anything about how they exploit each other.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

i was just wondering, if this cartoon with the rothchild figure could be antisemitic tinted or not. not political correctness is my hobbyhorse, its the fear where prejudices or mystification could lead. i live on this "ship" called earth, too. i feel commited to make my contribution, in my own interest.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

Yes, i think i understand what you're saying. I'm always surprised by the clarity and astuteness of political cartoons of that time, everything we know now, was known back then. To your point, what this cartoon is actually depicting; both parties pulling on the "rope of power", nullifying their strength and are too occupied in their struggle to realize that they might have a common goal and thus are easily manipulated by the "orchestrators" who are in fact going to shift the lever at will. Uncle Sam, keeping his distance, asking himself why dont they unite and combine their power.
edit on 5-8-2011 by talklikeapirat because: y oh y

edit on 5-8-2011 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

Wow that one is just awesome! Thx for sharing it!

I see its from 1911, and still 100% relevant today... very cool, and scary

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Your welcome my friend!! ....Thats what we are here for, passing around fun, informative and interesting stuff!

The image I posted got me thinking about how the people in 1911 must of been waking up to the banking scam and the hierarchy of the system......then I realised what organisations and banks that were formed in the 1900's through to the 1920's!......Nothing has changed as most if not all posters on this thread are aware, these systems have enslaved us for 900 years!......And nothing looks like changing in the near future!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Another good old cartoon...
50 year old cartoon about American Life - Must See!

Originally posted by patmac
I woke up this morning to find this cartoon sitting in my inbox. I was absolutely shocked to find out how relevant it still is, despite the fact that it's roughly 50 years old. It encapsulates a particular charm and wit (not to mention nostalgia) alongside a perfect 10 minute summary of the golden age of 'American Life'.

This is a must watch for anyone, and should be shown to children of all ages in schools. Perhaps if we had cartoons like this, instead of shows like YuGuio, Digimon (and whatever other garbage they shovel our kids), they wouldn't grow up to be slaves.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Nothing to do with them being Jewish.. Coincedentally they are jewish though, along with Marx, Lenin, todays MSM owners, many hollywood companies, many CEO's, treasury secretaries, federal reserve bankers..

Yet, Im part Jewish thru my granny, So I know all Jews aren't bad..

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Me too, on my patriarchal side.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Guess I otta read your post now... Anyone else feeling like a handle of Captain Morgan's right about now?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Wow! i really liked these cartoons and it just goes to show how obvious the governments work.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

the cartoon with the rothchild figure, isnt that antisemitic and prejudice ?

no, but you're comment is anti-nonsemitic and prejudice......

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

i thought rothchild (jews control financial sector) is a scapegoat, because there are more rich people from caucasian christian descent than jews.
if you look at all the wealth in the world, most of it belongs to people of christian descent.
people of jewish descent only hold a small fraction.

I would ask you to prove your statement.....

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Excellent find buddy.

I just finished reading Secrets of the Federal Reserve

The author points out that there was a lot of public outcry over the Federal Reserve Act and the Aldrich Plan. Both were essentially the same thing, the establishment of a central bank. One pushed by the left, one by the right

Anyways, great find sir/madam

s+f X2

edit on 5-8-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

A couple things I noticed in the Cartoon which I think you could assume. Smaller government and business, equals more competition and more critical thinking workers. If everyone makes decent wages, less theft, less reasons to put your money in the bank for safe keeping.

Even if it wasn't so rosy back then, you can always wish....

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

This amazes me because the depictions start at 1912. Who were the artists? To have this be so apparent so long ago, when the fruition of this obviousness is a hallmark of today is totally amazing to me. Awesome find indeed.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Can't believe nobody bothered to post the rest of the pics.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff8d6260f6e2.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Ho, friend.

I don't seek to date myself, nor pimp an ideology on anyone here (although I am a believer), but I think Ecclesiastes from the bible sums this up well (ch 1 vs. 9-11):

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

No one is going through anything new here. At most, we are all seeing fulfillment of old plan, and/or even older occurence. Humanity has not honestly innovated in thousands of years, at best - and I sincerely believe we may be well behind the curve of learning and knowledge as - despite the crazy hair - I agree with Tsoukalos when he says "We are a species with amnesia", or some such.

Politically, we've been dealing with the same Leviathan for quite some time, even if the main players have changed...the reference to Rothschild is telling. Different actors *may* be at the forefront now, but it's the same juggernauts we have to accommodate.

Anyhow, thanks for the great post - will S&F you after I post this - but we are still fighting the same beast. Be well, my friend...and vive le revolution!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
A fine example of history repeating itself is it not?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join