It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Order of Golden Dawn accepting open applications?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What is this? Is this a branch of the Illuminati? If so, why are they openly accepting applications?

Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn

www.golden-dawn.com...

Main page:

www.golden-dawn.com...

Notice the All Seeing Eye of Horus at the top of the home page.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

No, the original Golden Dawn (long since extinct in any meaningful sense) was a group of mostly poets, writers, artists and aesthetes - several of them well known - some well-educated occultists, and the odd intrusive pillock, eg Crowley - in the early part of the last century.

I very much doubt that that whoever is advertising using the name now has any direct link with the original at all, but you can be sure that the original had nothing to do with the Illuminati, being very much about free will, appreciating nature, beauty, the arts and exploring what a bit of magical thought could achieve. To be honest, nobody knew or cared much about the Illuminati in between its original self-publicity and the late 1960s.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Rosicrucianism is a philosophical secret society, said to have been founded in late medieval Germany by Christian Rosenkreuz. It holds a doctrine or theology "built on esoteric truths of the ancient past", which, "concealed from the average man, provide insight into nature, the physical universe and the spiritual realm."[1] Rosicrucianism is symbolized by the Rosy Cross

this is an old secret society. Not so secret though. My grandmother was very frightened by them and feared harm from them for most of her life. She thought they were out to get her because she was privy to some of their secrets. She died in 1970 at age 75 under very mysterious circumstances. Nah, just kidding.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

The True Order died long ago.

Pay no attention to the ones who practice the perverted way of "The Great Art". Crowley led its followers down the path of Icarus.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
you sure won't be drinking any blood

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
THE DARK CONTENTS OF YOUR MIND

DO YOU struggle for balance? Are you forever trying to maintain energy, enthusiasm, and the will to do? Do you personality and power of accomplishment ebb and flow - like a stream controlled by some unseen valve? Deep within your are minute organisms. From their function spring your emotions. They govern your creative ideas and moods - yes, even your enjoyment of life. Once they were thought to be the mysterious seat of the soul - and to be left unexplored. Now cast aside superstition and learn to direct intelligently these powers of self.

The ROSICRUCIANS
Magazine ad circa - 1948

If interested you were mailed a free book, "The Mastery of Life"!
I'm not sure what the next step was, or would be currently.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

I think we have a few members here who are in the GD. It's not anything evil or satanic. Hermetic has to do with the philosopher Hermes. Smart guy. And the Rosicrucians that were mentioned are of the AMORC version.
www.rosicrucian.org...

Mystery schools aren't really that mysterious, just the road less traveled. (IMHO)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Your $99 PayPal payment in support of your application includes one full year's Golden Dawn dues. Your active PayPal subscription guarantees you will never experience a dues increase.

Says it all, No?

Mod Note : Posting Work Written By Others Please Read .
edit on 5-8-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod note , add external source tags

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777
What is this? Is this a branch of the Illuminati? If so, why are they openly accepting applications?
Not sure how or why you'd jump to the assumption that they had anything to do with the Illuminati???

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
its proabally some cult

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Everything from Freemasons to your local book club has membership dues. I have done quite a bit of research on the golden dawn group in the op, and they have a very good rating with the Better Business Bureau. You really should do your research before implying that a group is insincere or a "racket".

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Crowley did not make it past Adeptus Minor in the order, from what I have read about him. In no way did he steer the group in the op.

He made a fool of himself by publishing low level degree materials, as the group now holds even more lineages as a result of this abhorrent act.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sigil23

I agree that the group the OP posted about has no real connection with Crowley. But he did cause a great schism within the Original Golden Dawn which would lead to its downfall.

However in my experience with hermetic mystic groups, I have found that a lot of them put Crowley up on a pedestal.

I don't think Crowley's works are that bad. But after he created Thelema and started creating a dogma around himself, he started preaching (contrary to popular belief and apologists) that one can subvert anthers "will" to accomplish the goals of ones own "will". This is delving into the dark side of mysticism, and it feeds the dominating ego.

I think Israel Regardie is a much better source of information then Crowley. He was a student of Crowley and seemed to take his teachings and apply them to his own understanding (which is a true principle of The Great Art) thus creating a more understandable and harmonious version of Crowley's work.

A good example is to just to read "The Book of Thoth" by Crowley and then read " A Garden of Pomegranates" by Israel Regardie and compare their explanations of the "Hermetic Qabalah". You can see that Regardie's explanation is a lot more clear and less dogmatic then Crowley's.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigil23
reply to post by Openeye

Crowley did not make it past Adeptus Minor in the order, from what I have read about him. In no way did he steer the group in the op.

He made a fool of himself by publishing low level degree materials, as the group now holds even more lineages as a result of this abhorrent act.

Please do not make round assumptions of Crowley.

reply to post by Openeye

Edit to say: I see you are more knowledgeable than your first post leads to. I find people group him with his latter statements and discredit his more legitimate ones. Thank you for expanding such a basic statement.

To All,

I find so many people basing his later years as all his teachings. If you want to understand the Kabbalah/Kabala (Hebrew: קַבָּלָה‎ lit. "receiving") Crowleys translations and teachings are among the best but, because of his followers turning into sheep and his coc aine habit, his later teachings are 99% BS and were written just to see how far people would go and believe, not to mention he also wrote fiction and some books that were fiction were thought by the sheep to be teachings, Apparently I need to do a thread on Crowley, his connection to the Golden Dawn and Freemasonry. Watch for it.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

You forgot to add "777"

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
Apparently I need to do a thread on Crowley, his connection to the Golden Dawn and Freemasonry. Watch for it.

There was a thread a bit ago with some very good videos with Crowley information. Most of the info was spot on. I look forward to your thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I see you are more knowledgeable than your first post leads to. I find people group him with his latter statements and discredit his more legitimate ones. Thank you for expanding such a basic statement.

Thank you for the kind words. I apologize that my first post was very basic. I have been accused before of lumping Crowley in the satanist category, which is not my intention.

Crowley does get a bad rap, but that is mostly due to his own short comings and his abandonment of truth for fame.

Apparently I need to do a thread on Crowley, his connection to the Golden Dawn and Freemasonry. Watch for it.

Cant wait to read it

You forgot to add "777"

Tis is actualy one of the few Crowley books I have not read. A friend of mine had it and I was going to borrow it but something in me (call it intuition if you will) told me not to. This was shortly after I started reading the "Lesser Key of Solomon" and researching the Ars Goetia (this led me to have an experience which was very detrimental to me).

I remember reading somewhere that Aleister Crowley was approached by a senior member of the golden dawn and he asked him "Aleister! You have been messing with the Goetia...the foul magic!: he responded "No..." the senior member went on to say "Then they have been messing with you!".

Every time I see the "Lesser Key of Solomon" in a store...I always hide it somewhere else in the store. No one should read that book, or practice what is in it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If you want to you can always go here and begin your journey.

www.raysofdawn.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

If you were digesting "The lesser key" then you would have been lost with "777". Not that you could not understand, but the entire book is numerology and symbolism. All of his serious books on the Kabbalah speak of Keys, His additions to the Golden Dawn* dealt with the Keys, His fast paced ascent to the 33rd degree* was due to his understanding of the Keys. "777" are those Keys.

* "he became an influential member of the esoteric Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn after befriending the order's leader, Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers."
Basic Source: en.wikipedia.org...

* "He had also claimed to be a Freemason, but the organisations he joined are not considered regular by Masonic bodies in the Anglo-American tradition."
Basic Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
These "SECRETS" are not "secret" because the information has been hidden. They are "SECRETS" because so few who hear them understand them.

Yes, they all go public to secure funds:However; you can join and study their material up to, we will say high degrees, all for free. I have personally been involved with the study of the material for over a decade.

Never once did i sacrificed anything but some dogma and prejudgments, maybe some ego.

Enlighten = bring to light
Illuminate = bring to light

Thats why all the confusion between the illuminati. The term was hijacked!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join