It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a little FYI! If you want to make some money...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
We all know that the dollar is going down...hard. Might be a good time for some people to exchange your dollars into Euros. My mother recently wrote me and said she's converting 10,000 into Euros and will wait for the right time and convert back. Dollar goes down and you made a quick buck.

Just thought some of you might take interest in this. But I'd do this at your own risk. =D

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
When it all goes down the Euro will be as worthless as the Dollar. I would suggest buying valuable metals instead... that's what really bugging most governments

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Authenticated

Yes, this is done by the public in an exchange market: Forex.com

If you're interested in the Currency Market, check it out, there's a free simulation where you can trade with fake trial money.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The Euro is actually in greater danger than the dollar.
Worst case scenario for the dollar is inflation. Super inflation would be bad but only in terms of foreign purchases. Sure, we wouldn't be able to sell off our debt: but we would be able to pay it off instead....

A declining dollar would make manufacturing in this country more attractive.

Am I implying that the dollar/debt situation is ideal? No, no, far from it.
But, at least as a result of having our own national currency we can do what we like with it.
Euro contagion has already spread to Italy and Spain. Further contagion is expected and the that house of cards will tumble before ours does.

Euros. No way.

Peso, maybe! lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
^ A low Euro would actually be good for the German and Dutch countries. Can't say the same for the rest of Europe. What a joke of a continent.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
From the folks I know here in Germany, ANY excuse to go back to the Deutchmark would be a good thing.
(They hate the euro)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Don't even touch the EUROs for pete's sake!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I like money!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

If your in the US, the Canadian dollar is fairing well, and all you have to do hop across the border to convert at a better tax rate as well.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a) If you think the current system is unsustainable and the dollar will lose reserve currency status within your lifetime buy precious metals. en.wikipedia.org...

b) If you think they current status quo is sustainable buy stocks in blue chip companies with solid business models providing staple products.

If a) occurs the fallout will take everybody down so it doesnt really matter what flavour of paper you have. If b) occurs you may as well stick with companies that will perform in a long slump (like japan has had).

In the current climate I wouldn't gamble anything on forex, you are gambling on which domino will fall first and with the amount of behind the scenes manoeuvring reserve banks can do you will not be the first to know.

my 2 euros....

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Swiss francs are backed in gold, aren't they? I don't know much about it, but that seems like it would be a safe way to go. Nothing will ever happen to Switzerland, that's where the elite keep all their money and it's the true home of the NWO. Neutrality is just a BS front.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Wow if she converts 10k euros and waits 3 years to get a good .05 lead on the USD she will make $500!

FOREX exchanges are done with very, very high leverage. Because when you trade with pennies, you need a !@$! ton of pennies to make a profit.

So unless you plan on FOREX'ing it on the market ... don't do something asinine like convert your account to EUR.

Which is likely to default before the USA does anyways?

top topics

join