It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are These UFOS? Captured with iPhone [video] North Carolina Auguast 4, 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
www.dailymotion.com...

^above video posted up about an hour ago^ Thoughts? Problem is there is no zooming in on these objects. Also there appears to be a reflective light to the right of the object that moves whenever the iphone moves around.

This video was shot in North Carolina according to iPhone user.

I guess the moral of the video is NEVER use an iPhone for capturing video and ALWAYS carry a real video camera with you (in North Carolina)

edit on 5-8-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added comment

edit on 5-8-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: title of thread changed

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Definitely a UFO in the distance.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
As lil of a reaction he is having it does seem real, not to say its much of a ufo sighting

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
video poster: "sorry, i cannot zoom in......"

hilarious

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
that commentary is so annoying
anyhow its another light in the sky video
just cant tell what this is

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If you dont know what they are then yes, they are ufo's, to you. Once you think you know what they are they are no longer UFO's They are identified.

I don't know what they are from the video, a point of light in a clouded sky, under the clouds is all there is without enhancement or more information. They behave like the scourge of the UFOs-are-aliens community, the dreaded Chinese lanterns, but I don't know that for sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Very interesting. There is definitely something there and he has filmed it. Looks like its motion upwards was quite rapid. You can see reflections in the video but they are obvious and move with the camera.

Love the bit at the end, "I hate the Iphone."

My call, legit.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have a fantasy of being captured by aliens and taken to another galaxy

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm not the typical skeptic, but I believe this is an anomaly caused by the positions of layered clouds and the setting sun.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If its flying and you don't know what it is, its a ufo.... kinda by definition. You know do know UFO is an acronym right?.... "Unidentified Flying Object"

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Yeah, but there are TOO MANY HOAXES out there. We are trying to discypher whether or not this video is legit.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

From the guy who videoed it

UFOglobalRC: Yesterday I spotted UFO sighting in Charlotte Providence area, and again today I saw it agai. This time is above Douglas int'l Airport. Again unfortunately I was holding an iPhone4, I couldn't zoom in. If you were looking at the actual object, it was amazing! it was large and bright! these are definiely not aircraft! you can see it from the video! at one point there were 3 of them. They were there for almost 45 mins. This is definitely UFO.

edit on 5-8-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cointelprotroll

I have a fantasy of being alone without ufo and alien cointellprotroll.

Skywatcher, nice video, thanks for posting.

IMO this object did not behave like a chinese lantern, the light got very bright towards the end.

edit on 5-8-2011 by burntheships because:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Kudos for posting the YouTube video on this object. I didn't search YouTube as many ATS users scavenge that site and not many look through DailyMotion.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

No problem

Sorry to say this but I think it likely that it's a plane heading for or leaving Charlotte/Douglas International Airport , the light isn't stationary its traveling toward the camera .
Just my opinion

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

When are these vague, indistinct blobs of light going to stop? When will we all have enough of this? When? Can anybody answer these two questions, (even though I suspect the answer is that some folks are S&F hunting, particularly in relation to the first question). Know what? I'm not wasting anymore time with questions like these, as I see numerous other posters going through the same routine on a daily basis. Poor sods never get a straight answer. There is soooo much good stuff out there, ( The Sturrock Panel, Alan Holt's "abstract" piece on UFO propulsion, and The Trans en Provence case, amongst many, many others). If you want UFOs, do the work. Otherwise, just avoid all the post that state "Strange lights over (Insert where you live here) ...", unless they state something specific. I hope and pray, from one UFO "enthusiast", to another, that we can find find a system to weed out all the attention- seeking cr*p on the web. Love to all. P.S. Isaac Koi, sir, I, (we) love your dedication to the subject.

edit on 5/8/2011 by crumpet97 because: Addendum

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

No problem

Sorry to say this but I think it likely that it's a plane heading for or leaving Charlotte/Douglas International Airport , the light isn't stationary its traveling toward the camera .
Just my opinion

I am going to build on your post. Let's just say that those lights are in fact jets/planes from the airport. I used the power lines as reference points for the tracking of light movements. I noticed the first light drifting upwards toward the power line which then disappeared. My thought was the light disappeared behind the clouds like most planes do.

The next light that the video recorder focuses on is the light above the pink sky. Notice how the object gets brighter and then dims. Also notice the faint movement upward (or in your case toward the camera). Is it possible that the possible plane was just passing through some clouds?

Moreover, can you enlighten me on your thoughts about the other lights that come and go in the video?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cointelprotroll

That makes you and Katy Perry on the same realm of thought.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Some of it is lens flare , any others would be other planes I guess .

Here is a UFO video he filmed on the 2 Aug

edit on 5-8-2011 by gortex because: edit to spelllllll

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

You can definitely hear the jet sound from the object. Must be a jet! Nice find and evidence for maybe against this thread video as being a hoax UFO?

new topics

<<   2 >>

join