It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Start A Book Club.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have over 100 PDF's and I love reading them, and usually have no one to discuss them with. I am sure that I am not the only one who enjoys a good read. I figured that some members would be interested in reading and discussing our opinions about a particular book.

Of course they have to be PDF's as they are the easiest to get. If you would like to suggest a book, link the PDF. Of course before we begin (if anyone even wants to participate)
We can figure out a subject and a book, and discuss a week.

This will give everyone time for other things, and still be up to date on what we are doing. There are so many book and topics, so suggestions are more then welcome, Also if we could keep the page count to less then 300 pages, that would be fair, as some good books are 400-500 pages long, and I dont see how we can discuss them once a week.

So I look forward to this getting good.

Peace, NRE.

BTW, My first suggestion is Mind Control-World Control, by Jim Keith.

Is mind control technology linked to UFO activity and UFO abductions? A little-known and controversial subject, mind control is thoroughly examined by veteran author and investigator Jim Keith.

Exploring a startling amount of information, Mind Control, World Control analyzes the technology used to control human minds; the experiments and the experiments gone wrong. It reveals the methodology of implants and exposes mind control assassins and couriers, as well as famous mind control victims Sirhan Sirhan and Candy Jones. Among the many revealing chapters in this shocking work are those on early CIA experiments such as Project Artichoke and Project RIC-EDOM.

This is where it can be DOWNLOADED anyway of your choosing. PDF/Kindle/Online
www.archive.org...

Scribd-
www.scribd.com...

I chose this book as I have not starting reading it yet, but would like to start soon. Its seems like

This covers a bit of everything

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Absolutely. I'll definitely look into that book.

I say we get a thread going with a polling option, and then pick the top 3 suggestions and then discuss at whatever date.

My fist suggestion is a fictional novel by the author of... FIGHT CLUB!

Rant by Chuck Palahniuk

Even if you didn't like Fight Club, I would personally grantee 95% of you ATS'rs (that includes the lurkers
) would absolutely love it.

BTW: Be sure you aren't posting "Illegal Material" or advocating piracy... I'm a bit of a "pirate" myself but you still need to follow the golden rule of "don't be a pirate!"
edit on 5-8-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'd love to get involved. I don't read fiction however, but I can't call what I read reference or non-fiction. I like books on theory. I've been reading mathematical texts, lucid dreaming, cosmology, ancient alien theory, religion, finance, web scripting, string theory, singularity, self development, and space exploration. I'm not going to encourage piracy either, but if there's a book on the list we're going to discuss " I'll obtain it. "

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mathematic

Have your read any of Chuck's books? It is good fictional literature. All of his book's characters and plots are quite "extreme". There is definitely heavy theoretical themes in his book, such as social theory and in rant a bit of conspiracy... I'm telling you, you would love it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

I haven't read a fiction book since college. It's not that I don't like them, I have just been on a search for truth. I love facts, evidence. I can be entertained by a story, but I find myself only catching on to the titles that have some sort of factual or theoretical reference.

How does a book club on fiction work though? Do we all try to argue our opinion of what we thought the author was trying to get across in the story? I still watch movies and that now and then, and I can appreciate fiction. I suppose my readings are more of a study, and less entertainment. I can find room for both.
edit on 5-8-2011 by mathematic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think its a great idea. I would particpate but as a single mother, I would need at least a month to read a book.

new topics

top topics

join