It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Voting For Bush or Kerry - and Why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I will be voting against my party and vote for Bush. Kerry is only interested in himself and does not have the heart or compasion for regular folks. Kerry is a liar, a man who has no back-bone and will be driven by every wind that comes along. I love the fact that everyone complains about Bush, but What about Kerry? Christmas in Cambodia in 68. He has changed that story so many times that he actually believes it now. first he tells us that he was being targeted by drunken south Vietnamese, five miles into cambodia and Nixon would not admit that American troops were there. Funny, Nixon wasn't sworn in as President until 1969. I especially like his CIA cap that he keeps in a briefcase, because it's his good luck charm. what a joke, Kerry for someone who did everything to get out of Vietnam and discredit American troops sure likes to brag about his 4 months, 11 days of service. Why does he not talk about his 20 years in the senate? one wonders if this is because it shows that he is not a moderate, but is a liberal.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
jrsdls,

I guess that is your opinion but I don't see the compassion on bush either or he will not be in Iraq allowing children and Iraqi citizens been killed.

Neither I see compassion when it comes to our troops in Iraq that has been slaughter because his stupidity and act of revenge he does not care how many people he has to kill in order to get what he wants after all he does not have to look in the faces of their families here in US all he has to do is send a letter.

The only compassion bush so far has shown is toward anybody that follows his fanatical view his religion.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!For anybody that see compassion in the way he does I guess he is the right choice.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Alright, I could tell exactly how this thread was going to go from it's title - "Are You Voting For Bush or Kerry, And Why?" I felt compelled to just let this stand, and watch everyone fight amongst themselves, but I decided that I should throw in my thoughts

About half of the nation hates Bush, and about half of the nation hates Kerry. Choosing the lesser of two evils as more than one of you have said. But the lesser of two evils is still an evil. That is truly the wasted vote, a vote for someone that you do not believe in. A vote AGAINST the other candidate is the wasted vote.

I don't know if anybody knows, but there is a different candidate that is quickly gaining support in the polls, higher in some states than Nader got in 2000. Now, the Libertarian presidential candidate Michael Badnarik is polling several times higher than any other 3rd party in many states. In New Mexico, Mr. Badnarik is polled at 5%... and that poll was BEFORE he spent several thousands of dollars on advertising and a week campaining in the state.

The only reason why everyone thinks that there are only two choices this election is because that is what the media tells you. Vote your conscience, if that be Bush or Kerry, then that is good, this is how the democratic process should work. If everyone continues to vote for someone who they do not want in office, just so the other guy doesn't get into office, this whole 'Duopoly Nightmare' will continue election year after election year. Yet if we show the country that we will not stand for two immoral, dishonest candidates by voting for someone ELSE, they will be forced to pay attention to what WE want, not what they want to give us.

This year, thousands of Republicans and Democrats have converted to the LIbertarian Party as they bacame fed up with their party's falling away from it's platform, and candidates not doing what they say they will. If you are upset with your party, or are voting for a lesser of evils this election, you should at least look at the platforms of the Libertarian Party (as well as other 3rd parties) and see if they match your bleiefs.

www.lp.org...

www.badnarik.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Marg,
Having been in Iraq and see the plight of the Iraqi people, I think Bush has shown great compassion to them by removing Saddam. I have lost two children in the Iraqi conflict. I know that their sacrifice was worth freeing people from the tyranny that was known as Saddam. I don't know how much you know about history, but Neville Chamberlain appeased Hitler in WW II and that lead to the concentration camps and Hitler's final solution. Saddam was doing the same thing, against the Kurds and others. He used Chemical weapons on his own people. Would you be against Roosevelt for going to war against Hitler? Would you claim that the lost of lives on the beach at Normandy not worth it? It's easy to criticize and complain against any cost of life, but I have been there. I have seen the Kurds welcoming Americans with open arms, calling us Saviors. I have given my own blood for these folks. I miss my sons, more than life itself, but thier sacrifice was worth it.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Dear AstroCreep,

do you care to comment about how well we did in Iraq? I think we did a terrible job. There is no peace in sight, the Army is tied down for foreseeable future, and the locals are suffering. There has been no electricity and running water in most of the country in the last few days. The chaos and division of the country will continue, unfortunately.

I think the deepening deficit is one evidence that it was a bad idea.

cheers!

Well, actually, it was the most successful military campaign of our time. We have control of the country and now have a base of operations right where we wanted it. That was the real reason for going. Iraq ia a strategic position. Now, you can funnel that down any political path you wish but make no mistake, that course was set in motion long ago and would have happened even if Clinton had got a glorious third term. I can't really give credit to Bush but for allowing those who knew what the hell they were doing to do it. Iraq is right on schedule and right where the powers that be in the US want it...and so are you and I.

I'd say the growing deficit is a good example that increased federal spending is as bad an idea as tax cuts. You somehow think that the federal government gave its money away. Look, most federal and state income taxes are illegally collected and have been since the beginning. That wealth is yours and mine if we earn it so don't go telling me the fact that our elected officials would rather run up the tab and threaten important social programs before letting go of their slush funds and perks is because the people got little break on their taxes. Washington represents the largest and most wasteful corperation in the US. Somehow, you and everyone like you expect me and everyone like me to be A-Okay with a 70% waste factor while we must budget and account for every red cent to the same people who throw it out windows everyday. I GOT NEWS FOR YOU!!! WE AIN'T BUYIN' IT!

Cut the factor of wats to under 5% and then we'll talk.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Marg,
Having been in Iraq and see the plight of the Iraqi people, I think Bush has shown great compassion to them by removing Saddam. I have lost two children in the Iraqi conflict. I know that their sacrifice was worth freeing people from the tyranny that was known as Saddam. I don't know how much you know about history, but Neville Chamberlain appeased Hitler in WW II and that lead to the concentration camps and Hitler's final solution. Saddam was doing the same thing, against the Kurds and others. He used Chemical weapons on his own people. Would you be against Roosevelt for going to war against Hitler? Would you claim that the lost of lives on the beach at Normandy not worth it? It's easy to criticize and complain against any cost of life, but I have been there. I have seen the Kurds welcoming Americans with open arms, calling us Saviors. I have given my own blood for these folks. I miss my sons, more than life itself, but thier sacrifice was worth it.

jrsdls, I'm sorry for your loss. Most here in the US use Iraq as only a political weapon. They know only what they see on TV and are very far detached from what went on under Saddam. They won't acknowledge your opinion. Your's is truly one that should count. I'm glad our country is showing compassion over there even though we hear a great deal about the few who don't.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by astrocreep]

[edit on 17-8-2004 by astrocreep]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I can only say that I wouldn't vote for Bush if he was the only man running, I would write in someones name. I'm not a Democrat or a Republican, I'm an Independent voter. I have been ever since I could vote. I've never been one to vote for someone just because they belong to a certain party.

I do believe that there were better choices for a Presidential candidate than Kerry. In my opinion even Hillary would have made a better candidate. It seems very funny to me, that in a country of 200 million people that we can't get more appealling candidates to run for President.

As for some of my reasons for not voting for Bush, here are a few.........he's a liar, he's a liar, he's a liar. If anyone want me to expand on that I will.

Remember if you close your eyes, and plug your ears, you won't see or hear much and if you close your mind, you won't think much, either

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Voting for Kerry. I live in Oklahoma and use to live in Texas, the areas where supposidly Bush "identifies" with the people. He doesn't identify with anyone, he's a wannabe cowboy that lived off his daddy til he was 40.

His policies aren't helping anyone but the rich, and have put a tremendous burden on the middle class but an even more incredible burden on the poor. Can barely afford to drive a car with minimium wage salaries.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I tend to agree.

For me, I tend to beleive the next President has to start mending fences with the other world leaders instead of alienatiing them even further.
Kerry, at least, shows the incentive to want to do this, unlike Bush- who does whatever he wants with or without the support of these leaders.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
jrsdls,

Well I feel for you lost also, I come from a family of heroes also that gave their live for this country, form world war to Iraq so far none of my brother has die in Iraq one of them is back home. My husband served in gulf also.

I can not imagine how sad is to lose a child In my case I only know my family members by tales and photos they die when I was not even born and as later as Vietnam I was to young to remember, but their names will be remember and it is my job to pass on to my children so the memory will not die.

I still don't agree with the war in Iraq US did their job and it was to take sadam now is time for our family member to return home.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

Well, actually, it was the most successful military campaign of our time.

Given the sorry state of the Iraqi military, its delapidated hardware and technology base, and absense of the air force, I can't say I'm too impressed.

We have control of the country and now have a base of operations right where we wanted it. That was the real reason for going. Iraq ia a strategic position.

You deserve a lot of credit for not being hypocritical like others who tie this campaign with democracy, WMD and other blah.

Iraq is right on schedule and right where the powers that be in the US want it...and so are you and I.

I still have a problem with it though. They way you correctly expressed it, the US wants a foothold in the Middle East... It then lies to its own populace about the non-existant WMDs and tries to intimidate the world community with the support of its lapdog Tony Blair... Powell goes to the UN to present a spectacle with an empty glass vial that (just imagine) could contain a biological agent -- what a clown...

You see, both lying to everybody and just taking a country for a strategic value is wrong. You can laugh at international law all you want, but that's exactly where the root of the problem lies... When the US tramples it left and right, how can it expect lots of sympathy anywhere...

I'd say the growing deficit is a good example that increased federal spending is as bad an idea as tax cuts. You somehow think that the federal government gave its money away. Look, most federal and state income taxes are illegally collected and have been since the beginning.

I disagree with you. Taxes feed out military (which you are so proud of), they give us scintific research (I wish there was more of that) and provide some aid to the ailing education system. I don't see anything illegal with that, I find this notion ridiculous. Every time I drive on a highway, I'm using a resource that needs to be maintained with my tax money.

That wealth is yours and mine if we earn it so don't go telling me the fact that our elected officials would rather run up the tab and threaten important social programs before letting go of their slush funds and perks is because the people got little break on their taxes.

What slush finds? I agree the tax break was laughable because most people got bak like $200-300. One percent of the population got the rest.

Washington represents the largest and most wasteful corperation in the US. Somehow, you and everyone like you expect me and everyone like me to be A-Okay with a 70% waste factor

Waste is bad. Wasting $100B on Iraq was a bad idea.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Marg,
I must admit that I am a history fan, I draw a lot from the worlds history and on man's innate nature to form my own views on things. We can not just exit Iraq, we have to nurse it along until it is able to be "weaned " from us. The same can be said for Afghanistan. If we were to just leave, then the void we leave would be filled by someone. Look at the end of World War I, Germany was basically left to it's own and Hitler filled the void left by the allies. After World War II, We stayed in Japan as an occupation well until the 60's and in fact did not fully turn over all territory to the Japanese government until 1973 with turning over Okinowa to them. That county (Japan) has flourished, not because we were there, but because we did not abandom them after we won. Iraq will one day be a great place. I have seen some very beautiful sights there. But we must remain there until the government is strong enough to take care of it's self. I am sadden by the fact that the American media only shows the negative side of Iraq. They never show the Iraqi's who are glad we are there. They never show the medical and dental doctors going into towns and providing service to people who did not have it before. We as Americans are so media driven, but we only see what the media wants us to see. In my former life as an Intelligence Analyst, I have seen both sides. Some where we were wrong and some where we were right, but in all cases the media outlets spun it the way they wanted to.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Marg,
I must admit that I am a history fan, I draw a lot from the worlds history and on man's innate nature to form my own views on things. We can not just exit Iraq, we have to nurse it along until it is able to be "weaned " from us. The same can be said for Afghanistan.

Just how many countries are you planning on nursing? I thought you said in your preveious post that the US simply wanted a base in the Middle East. Now I see this "nursing" and "weaning".

If we were to just leave, then the void we leave would be filled by someone. Look at the end of World War I, Germany was basically left to it's own and Hitler filled the void left by the allies.

Well, Germany was left to its self-determination and in fact it took many years for Hitler to rise to power by winning hearts and minds of the populace. So he didn't just come into a vacant office. You, as a history fan, must know that.

After World War II, We stayed in Japan as an occupation well until the 60's and in fact did not fully turn over all territory to the Japanese government until 1973 with turning over Okinowa to them.

Sure, you needed the bases on the Pacific Rim.

That county (Japan) has flourished, not because we were there, but because we did not abandom them

I think the second part of that sentence contradicts the first one.

But we must remain there until the government is strong enough to take care of it's self.

The govt installed by, and supported by the US will never be popular and therefore never will it be strong. Sistani or Sadr clearly garner more support form the populace than Allawi. If you are so bent on democracy, let them vote for real.

They never show the medical and dental doctors going into towns and providing service to people who did not have it before.

Look, the vital services were disrupted during the invasion and are still not there. There is no running water and electricity in many places still (especially this past week) + 40% unemployment. I don't see anything positive about it. You threw the country into chaos.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
jrsdls,

Something to remember this is Iraq is Arab land and Islamic rule is a big difference here US will never submit the Islamic nations into his will, and not matter how nice everything looks for some, the Arab world does not welcome intruders in their lands.

That is the beliefs of the Islamic nations and their rules is you are not invited in their lands you are not welcome and if you dont leave they will kill you they believe is their right to protect their lands.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

What slush finds? I agree the tax break was laughable because most people got bak like $200-300. One percent of the population got the rest.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Aelita]

What Slush Funds?!! My God, if you are so far pro-government that you think there's no waste or good ole boy hyginks going on in DC, then I'm bowing out of this right now. I don't have the energy to go through it all again. How can someone pick a choose who they're going to call a lyer and then pretend they don't see that both sided are just as bad. Here, we call that the ability to swallow and elephant and gag on a knat and its a pre-req. to being a political party hack. I will admit Bush lied and we went to war under false pretenses. How on earth you cannot acknowledge that the the dems answer to the tax cut was to spend us into a hole, I'll never know. I'm not billyfying research programs and social programs that help the less fortunate and never have. I stand against the elitist who fill their paockets to the brim and then point the finger at the people who got 300 bucks back and say "its your fault we're broke!" Hypocrisy in its purest form. I hold no allegence to any party and maybe thats your real problem with me. You're arguing for what you see as the lesser of two evils and I could give a damn about either.

To that end, I think its the most rediculous thing I've ever heard for these people to practically champion Saddam Hussien just to dissagree with Bush. For the love of Pete, its not necessary. We went to war over a lie (thus far based on what we know) but we won the war and got rid of a scurge. You people act as if we lost. Iraq will prove a valuable ally in the years to follow but you all who are interested in nothing more than a short-sighted political campaign cannot look that far down the road. Iraq has been staged for over a decade. Bush just happened to be the one in office and he'll lose over this time. He knew he would but he's not important thing. Kerry will not be the roll over and give Iraq back to Saddam" kinda guy you all are looking for. His agenda is already set as well. Enjoy the follies of the election. Hopefully they'll get someone better than wrestling' Vince McMahon to do the script this year.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Arrgh, what irritates me is that no one seems to have the guts to mention Badnarik (besides Sillicous). As astrocreep says, its all scripted...

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Marg,
I have not forgotten that Iraq is an Arab country. Islam is similar to christianity in the fact that there are zealots on both sides that stand out and shout the loudest. I have spent over three years living in Saudi, Turkey, and Bahrain. I know what the Quran teaches, and I also know that the majority of Arabs want what we have. Freedom. We are not there to turn Iraq into a Christian nation, we are there to ensure that freedom has a chance to grow. This is my view. I can only speak for me. I can not speak for the government, I don't represent them. I just know what i have seen and the country was in more caos before we got there.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I've been reading through the posts on this thread and am hearing a lot of interesting comments and views. Thanks to all who have contributed.

First, let's be clear about one thing: No matter how important it is to vote one's conscience, in this presidential election, only two men have a snowball's chance in hell of being elected. It sucks and it's not right. But that's the way it is - in 2004. In the past, I have voted my conscience and it's great, but my candidate never won (i.e. I voted for Pat Buchanan in '96 instead of snoozer Dole and Slick Willy.) This election is way too important to not accept the obvious.

If you're opposed to Kerry, and you don't care for Bush, vote for Nader, Badnarik or whoever. Bush will win. If you're opposed to Bush DO NOT vote for ANYONE else. Please do not throw your votes away! Our nation cannot bear four more years of Neo Conservative rule. The cabal is driving our nation straight into bankruptcy and never-ending war. America was not created to be an Empire! If Bush is elected, there will be nothing left for our nation at home - only a surveillence state and a militarized country. Your kids or YOU will be forced into service. Is that what you want?

Don't get me wrong - I served and I'm proud of it - but I JOINED. No one forced me. No one should EVER be forced to serve. And personally, I would NOT want to serve with anyone who is drafted. It's too dangerous.

There are four differences I see between Bush and Kerry. These things have convinced me to hop the fence for the first time ever. They are as follows:

Fiscal discipline: In the 90's our Republican congress worked with Clinton to pass a balanced budget. We paid down the deficit and got spending under control. Clinton handed Bush a surplus. Bush has acted extremely irresponsible in his policies, fiscally. No conservative in their right mind could or would support Bush because of that alone! He has charged us into oblivion, earning the title of the biggest budget busting president in history! No liberal president has ever managed that feat! It's mind-boggling. John Kerry will work to bring us back from economic oblivion through working to balance the budget. As a (now former) Republican, I'm all for that.

As an aside to that, under Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, more money has gone down the toilet into oblivion (BILLIONS) and is unaccounted for than I have ever heard of in my life! My God people! He should be shot for his irresponsibility and corruption! He should be made to repay every last bloody dime that's gone missing on his watch. It's not like he couldn't afford to! His company (Bechtel) has made more money off the destruction of Iraq, it's insane. Does this not bother the everliving shyte out of you people?! If not, there's something seriously wrong!

The Military Record: He could've pulled the same evasive maneuvers that so many of his colleagues did to avoid the fight. But no, he was a man effected by the World War II generation. Back then when your country was at war, all good men joined. It was an honor thing, as well as knowing if you made it back, your service would take you far in business/politics. I can attest to that. I was in the Gulf War and it's something that has repaid me in spades. I've gotten so much more from it than I ever put in. It's something money can't buy. Kerry deserves that credit.

Kerry was stationed somewhere out in the ocean, safely tucked away on a ship. Having had experience with speed boats, and probably being quite restless (as I would have been, away from the fight), he volunteered for hazardous duty. Shammin' in the rear wasn't the man's gig. I can appreciate that. So, they took him up on his offer and sent him to the Delta - a very hot place - to take command of a swift boat.

When I look at the pics of him with his crew-mates, I see a man who felt every bit of war in the Delta that his commen crewmen felt. The heat, the fear, the stress, the stench, the uncertainty, the exhaustian, the lonliness, and so on and so forth. In the 'Nam, Kerry was no bigger and no better than anyone else over there. He was at the bottom of the officer corps. food chain and had a dangerous job. By all legitimate accounts, he was an exceptional and natural leader. He showed courage under fire and was well-liked by those in his charge. The man was tested by fire, and for that, I have respect for him.

Then there was the kid named Dubya. Born of obscene priveledge, young Bush was given a coveted slot in the Texas Air National Guard. He was selected (I'm seeing a pattern here...), although not more qualified than thousands of other young men, who in fact, were - and moreso. He stayed behind while some other unfortunate, common young fella had to go serve for him in the 'Nam. (I hope for that guy's sake, he made it back w/out injury.)

Young Bush couldn't even handle the fu**ing National Guard! Records prove he was unaccounted for, for at least a year. ANG records have shown that he was listed as AWOL. (He never showed up to take his piss test (required flight physical), indicating he most likely would've come up hot. Instead, he took off, leaving behind a most coveted position. I wonder how many guys back then would've given their left nut for that slot? What a waste of an opportunity. I hope Dubya had fun partying down in Alabama - while JOHN KERRY was taking responsibility, fighting alongside his COMMON American brothers.

As a vet, I despise someone who abandons his post in a time of war - even if that post is the National Guard. Deserters are cowardsand should be dealt with harshly. George W. Bush is a DESERTER and his family connections, once again, bailed him out. He is not fit to be the Commander-In-Chief!

The Neo-Conservatives: This, to me, is the single most important reason to oust Bush. His administration was taken over by the darkest element this country has ever seen. If you read PNAC (project for a New American Century: www.crisispapers.org... ), which I encourage all to read, you will see that these monsters of profit, greed and endless war are steering us down the road to hell. Is that what America wants? Is that what we stand for? I say, HELL NO! America - the one I grew up in - stands for LIBERTY, JUSTICE, PEACE, STRENGTH and FREEDOM. These are concepts the Neo-Conservative cabal neither knows, nor cares to know about. Their goal is to enslave all humanity under the guise of this fraudulent War on Terrorism. As if terrorism never existed before Sept. 11, 2001! Wake up, America - before these fiends get four more years. If that happens, I dread the thought of what Amerika will be when they're through with it.

Kerry Listens: I've seen something quite refreshing in Kerry since he winning the nomination. He listens and absorbs advice. He has done a masterful job by first acknowledging gracefully those who opposed him; by listening to the will of the party and nominating Sen. John Edwards as his running mate; by absorbing and incorporating Edwards positive message of hope; and not succombed to negative campaigning. He is listening. I havn't seen George W. Bush listen to anyone's advice - at least not anyone in the real world; and certainly not to any of his MILITARY advisors. He only listens to Cheney and Rumsfeld; his countrymen and his allies be damned! It's time for a leader who will listen to the will of the people; who will support true Democracy; and who will acknowledge how we have spurned our allies across the world and who will do everything in his power to restore our ties to those nations. John Kerry will do that. He was born for that.

It's interesting to note, Kerry's father was a military veteran and mid-level diplomat whose foreign policy views weren't exactly what the establishment wanted to hear. That is why he retired when he did, basically. He knew he had hit a ceiling due to his realism and unwillingness to say what he was told to say. John Kerry grew up listening to his father and debating these issues with him. Until his death, John Kerry was known to go to his father and seek his wisdom and advice on foreign policy matters. It was the one area that bonded father and son. What an incredible influence he must've been. Do not discount that!

America needs a man of experience, strength and wisdom more than EVER before! I hope that those who disagree with me, at least, consider the points I have made. This is the most critical moment in our nation's history!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You said you like history. If you study the history of Mesopotamia, going back only 100 years, and back to the British occupation; you can clearly see that there's no way in hell the Iraqis are gonna put with our occupation. History is the best indicator of how things will go in the future, with regards to war. This is the bloodiest mistake our nation will have ever made.

Make no mistake, this is about conquest and securing the resources of Iraq. How can you possibly believe that this administration gives a shyte about Democracy and the people of Iraq? The NeoCons don't know the first thing about this country we have so stupidly invaded. The first rule of war should be KNOW THY ENEMY. These fools don't even care to know about them. If they did understand them, they would know how very foolish this whole pipe dream is. YOU should know that, too, having spent time over there.

Don't buy into this faux-patriotic nonsense. The invasion and occupation of Iraq is ILLEGAL and IMMORAL. Our nation will pay dearly for what we have done.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Analysis from the AxisofLogic on the Neo Conservative nightmare that currently grips our nation.

Gods of War, Gods of Greed and Profiteers of Misery
By Manuel Valenzuela
Aug 18, 2004, 03:06

The process of transformation [American empire building]is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing eventlike a new Pearl Harbor.

--- From PNAC plan entitled Rebuilding Americas Defenses: Strategies, Forces and Resources for a New Century, endorsed by neocons in the Bush Administration, the corporate media and Washington think-tanks. Ingrained in the plan are ever-increasing levels of military spending, incessant empire building, pre-emptive invasions and, inherently, a perpetual state of war and fear.

Manna from Heaven

Like bolts of lightning sent from the gods above, airline jets appeared out of parting skies, slamming thunderously into grandeurs of human achievement, transforming towering monuments of steel and glass into blinding avalanches of ashen dust and debris that have yet to clear from the residue-filled eyes of most Americans. The omnipresent haze that remains is deeply entrenched into our primitive and mammalian brain, reawakening dormant animalistic passions and emotions that are corroding our ability to think like the human beings we claim to be.

Like a pathogen this malady exists, attaching itself to the cells of reason and analytical thinking, infecting us with fear, insecurity, paranoia, hatred, anger, vengeance and a blind, degenerative patriotism that has placed the future course of American history in the claws of a small cabal of corrupt, malevolent and warmongering few.

They are the military-industrial complex (MIC) and the Corporate Leviathan, and the gods of war and greed they are called. This powerful group of elite is comprised of profiteers of misery, purveyors of death, immoral scoundrels addicted to power and debased monsters whose faces are stained with the blood of thousands upon thousands of innocent human beings. For them, the horrors perpetrated on 9/11 were the Pearl Harbor they had long been seeking.
www.axisoflogic.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join