It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Voting For Bush or Kerry - and Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just wanted to know why you decided to vote for Bush or why for Kerry.

I was actually one of the six people in the country who made my decision during the Democratic convention. I waited as long as possible before I committed myself. I'm a Republican and there's no way in hell I'd vote for George W. Bush again. He is utterly and completely not the president I thought he would be. He's a war-mongering, budget-busting ignoramous.

Despite what the media tried to tell me, I thought the Dem. convention was actually pretty good. (As far as they go. It reminded me of the '96 Repub. convention, actually.) It was tight, positive and expressed a great deal of hope. What a stark contrast to the gloom and doom party's (GOP)constant message of demogogeury and fear. I'm sick to death of that crap.

I had to chuckle when John Kerry came out and said "I'm John Kerry and I am reporting for duty." So it was a little cheesy. Big deal. He meant it. It came down to one thing for me. Back during 'Nam, Kerry volunteered to go fight with his fellow Americans instead of hiding at home in the guard or in college. Unlike the cowards currently in power, he put himself in harm's way and actually saved the lives of some of his men. He was tested by fire. He represented the uniform with honor and valor. As a vet, I have no choice but to stand beside my brother in arms as he stood by us.

I'll be voting Democrat for the very first time this year. It's the only choice I have.

What are your reasons?

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I love it! My friend gave me a bumper sticker to throw on my truck that says: A TRUE PATRIOT ACT: VOTE BUSH OUT! I put it over my FLAG and AIRBORNE stickers. I'm sure that makes my fellow Republicans apoplectic.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Come on Bushies! I wanna know why George Dubya's so darn good and worth voting for. Or can't you think of anything?
I'd understand.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I would have to say that I am voting Kerry.

Sadly a good portion of why is becaue Bush has got to go. I don't particularly like that Kerry is trying to appease everyone. That is why I liked Dean, at least he had the balls to say what he thought.

I do however appriciate that Kerry is trying to stay positive and focus on all of the problems and not just cramming Terror down my throat.

I think the thing that really scares me about Bush is that he reminds me of Greg Stillson from the Dead Zone. Anyone who has seen that movie will understand.

Wraith

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It's Kerry/Edwards in 2k4 for me as well.

I've hated Bush ever since he decided to start launching attacks on random middle eastern countries.

While I don't expect Kerry to call a cease-fire...he simply won't be the warmonger that Bush has been for all this time.

I'm a pacifist, and it just seems to me that constant fighting does nothing but hurt not only everyone involved directly, but also everyone indirectly involved. This war brings a great sadness to everyone in the world, whether they choose to express that sadness through disappointment, anger, or even malice toward the president. I just don't feel comfortable having troops who have sworn to protect our country -us- esentially, fighting wars that don't accomplish anything but pain.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I spent a portion of the last week on ATS and I see that this topic, as is common to say here, "has been raped" in the forum. There are threads concerning Iraq, "who will you vote for", "Kerry is a flip flop" and numerious others.

It's an important topic but I just learned that little comes out of such discussion beside severe aggravation. I don't want to offend anyone, but apparently there is a clear division line between a simplified view of the world and a degree of sophistication. It's like in my local bar -- you have scientists and plumbers, and nothing in between. They don't mingle. I like plumbers, they do important work, but I won't rely on their political views as my reference.

So sorry dude, but with all due respect I think it's a beaten horse.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Then feel free not to join this thread. With all due respect.

I started this thread because I want to see what is compelling each to cast his vote.

We can discuss nuances of the political all day. But it boils down to this, if you enjoy the right to criticize or talk up the president, you must vote. In the upcoming election you have a choice between Bush and Kerry. No one else will win. If I had my way, Howard Dean would be our next president. Or Texas Congressman Ron Paul (R.) would be. Neither they, nor woody woodpecker has a shot. So I will vote for John Kerry. I expressed why I made my choice. I'm just looking for why folks here at ATS are voting the way they are. Capice?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

So I will vote for John Kerry. I expressed why I made my choice. I'm just looking for why folks here at ATS are voting the way they are. Capice?

Capisco.

I'm not against your political choice (as a matter of fact I'm with you), it's just I thought this was amply presented in the few top threads, that's all.

cheers, and good luck with you vote

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You don't want Bush Pushing terror down your throat well .. guess what it is down your throat it is around you, you are not safe here or you feel safe well good you know why it is because George W is not a Communist writing books about burning flags and spitting on them and going so far as to write a BOOK ABOUT SOMETHING ... then what happend he recalled it ... OH MY A RECALL ... now if that doesn't tell you about the actions of that man then I don't even know your ancestors who fought .. and got your tail here .... You are crazy if you think George Bush should be out he is the only person keeping you safe ... I mean ... Kerry'ws wife and him spend over 10 million in the last 5 years supporting communist parties ....PLEASE Please PLEASE some people take sides of people and just to make other people think more than anything . I guess I hope you guys do cause I do that every once in a while ... but any how just please research it and just don't go by what you are told Especially by the media go by what the two have done with thier lifes ... I mean kerry .. name one thing that he has done .. that wasn't eithe given to him ... or that he just happend to stumble upon ..

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

So I will vote for John Kerry. I expressed why I made my choice. I'm just looking for why folks here at ATS are voting the way they are. Capice?

Capisco.

I'm not against your political choice (as a matter of fact I'm with you), it's just I thought this was amply presented in the few top threads, that's all.

cheers, and good luck with you vote

I hearya. Same to ya.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bet555

You are crazy if you think George Bush should be out he is the only person keeping you safe ...

Very touching
I think he's keeping me pretty darn unsafe.

I mean ... Kerry'ws wife and him spend over 10 million in the last 5 years supporting communist parties ...

Communist parties support the war on terror, so even if this is true, I don't have a problem with that.

but any how just please research it and just don't go by what you are told Especially by the media go by what the two have done with thier lifes ...

It's "lives", not "lifes".

I've done a lot of research from many sources, and all indications are Bush is a terrible president.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
You don't want Bush Pushing terror down your throat well .. guess what it is down your throat it is around you, you are not safe here or you feel safe well good you know why it is because George W is not a Communist writing books about burning flags and spitting on them and going so far as to write a BOOK ABOUT SOMETHING ... then what happend he recalled it ... OH MY A RECALL ... now if that doesn't tell you about the actions of that man then I don't even know your ancestors who fought .. and got your tail here .... You are crazy if you think George Bush should be out he is the only person keeping you safe ... I mean ... Kerry'ws wife and him spend over 10 million in the last 5 years supporting communist parties ....PLEASE Please PLEASE some people take sides of people and just to make other people think more than anything . I guess I hope you guys do cause I do that every once in a while ... but any how just please research it and just don't go by what you are told Especially by the media go by what the two have done with thier lifes ... I mean kerry .. name one thing that he has done .. that wasn't eithe given to him ... or that he just happend to stumble upon ..

Man, have I got a pill for you!

But seriously, you sound terrified, paranoid and angry - just like George Dubya. Glad I don't live in your head, buddy.

So, to wrap this up, you're saying you're voting for Dubya cuz he's the only one in the world who can/will keep you safe, eh? That's fine. But just say it clear, minus the vitriol, please.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well EastCoastKid,

You know my views and occurs for who I am voting for.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Voting for Bush, He's the lesser of the two evils. It's really odd that we can pick from 31 flavors at Baskin Robins, but only have 2 choice for who runs the country...

I'm afraid that Kerry will be too weak and will give into whatever the UN wants. One thing you have to admire about Bush, he does what he believes is right despite catching flak for it.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well EastCoastKid,

You know my views and occurs for who I am voting for.

Do you think Kerry would be a good Commander-In-Chief?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I Haven't really decided as of yet. Even though I fault Bush for the deception of Iraq, we still did pretty well there..and its not a bad thing any time Saddam gets a dose of his own medicine. The economy is coming around again but thats more due to a cyclical nature than anything Bush has done to directly affect it. The effects of the tax cuts won't be visible for another couple years, good or bad. The issue I have is the term limits. I think one is enough for each president. I did vote for Clinton twice and in 1997, I began to question why I did that, then I remembered Bob Dole..and was like "Oh yeah, thats why." I think if the American people would hold presidents to a one term limit but let them think they have a shot at that second golden term, we'd be better off.

The other issue is Kerry. While he seems like a likable guy and all, he comes from the elite and is nearly a lifelong Washington politician. The reason I woudn't vote for Algore. I'm against lifelong politicians because our constitution spoke against them. Our countries leaders were to come from state government or private sector, serve a term and then return to being a productive member of society. Thats why I voted for Clinton. He was a governor and hadn't spent years developing ties to Washington Lobbyist..only to local real-estate developers. *LOL*..which might have been shady but it didn't affect decisions at executive level. I also fear Kerry will begin the rampant confiscation of citizen's weapons again leaving us defenseless against crime and total government rule. Its funny that I haven't heard the issue mentioned at all this election and it makes me think either its not an issue for him or it is a big enough isuue for him to keep quiet about it.

So, it seems I'm caught between Iraq and hard place this election. I don't believ in two terms and I don't believe Washington politicians. It may, in fact come down to how I feel when I push the button. My state went for Bush big time last election and elected a republican governor last election. The first in a long time but Earny Fletcher is a good man (when he's not flying in DC airspace causing fighter jets to scramble) and I think that had more to do with it than politics locally. My point is, it may not make much difference who I vote for other than the right to say "Well, I didn't vote for him!" when he screws up. It might be a good oportunity for me to cast my vote toward a third party to show some support for them. I strongly belive we need them. I may , indeed, join TC on the Constitution Party. I'll let yas know after its over.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

I Haven't really decided as of yet. Even though I fault Bush for the deception of Iraq, we still did pretty well there..

Dear AstroCreep,

do you care to comment about how well we did in Iraq? I think we did a terrible job. There is no peace in sight, the Army is tied down for foreseeable future, and the locals are suffering. There has been no electricity and running water in most of the country in the last few days. The chaos and division of the country will continue, unfortunately.

and its not a bad thing any time Saddam gets a dose of his own medicine.

First, might I ask, at what cost to the US? Second, his own medicine did not include the invasion of the US.

The effects of the tax cuts won't be visible for another couple years, good or bad.

I think the deepening deficit is one evidence that it was a bad idea.

cheers!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Voting for Bush, He's the lesser of the two evils. It's really odd that we can pick from 31 flavors at Baskin Robins, but only have 2 choice for who runs the country...

What makes Bush the lesser?

I'm afraid that Kerry will be too weak and will give into whatever the UN wants.

Can you explain what Kerry has or hasn't done to support that fear?

One thing you have to admire about Bush, he does what he believes is right despite catching flak for it.

Bush catches no flack. They keep him in a vaccuum tight bubble. He doesn't even read the papers. I tend to think his actions more reflect what's good for his wallet. I cannot admire a man who would look his countrymen in the eye and lie them into a war for profit. I cannot respect a man who ran from service, causing someone else to go in his place.

I'm not attacking you, btw. Just commenting on your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am voting for Bush, who I think is the lesser of two evils.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join