It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water on Mars!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Looking at rocks can be great.
I always do it when I'm bored.
I'd love to try it on mars some day...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just found this seems an interesting article although v.long...
It seems that they have detected methane and there could only be two possible ways that this could be, either volcanoes or water ice i would go with the latter.

A more plausible reservoir that might have stored up methane in the past would be the ice. Methane can be stored in water ice in the form of something called a clathrate. This is what happens to quite a lot of the methane produced by earthly bacteria -- there are methane-storing clathrates scattered all over the sea floors of the earth. These clathrates may be a potential source of trouble in a greenhouse world; they may also be a potential energy source. Martian ice might be a methane reservoir, storing it up under some circumstances, releasing it under others. So if methane production on Mars was spasmodic, methane stored in clathrates at the time when it's being made might be released from them more slowly later on.

That's probably enough speculaton for this first post. Except to note that even if the methane is coming from a gethermal source and not from bacteria, that itself would be big news. And it would have implications, too. If there's geothermal energy being pumped into a Martian crust which we now know to contain a lot of water ice, then that means there is almost certainly some liquid water down below. So even if the methane is not evidence of bacteria, it sort of has to be evidence of a wet and therefore habitable niche on Mars right now.

mainlymartian.blogs.com...

[Edit added source link]

[edit on 20-8-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
i jsut found another news article relating to this topic you guys might like to read.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don�t believe what they say really anymore, there's so much that has been written about the anomalies of mars and so little actually said by those that have the real data it just says to me cover-up. The question really is why.

I got this picture from a site its a bmp image but i have cut it up just to point out 2 things that interest me.

The photo below: i think looks like a shadow of a ripple or a wave. In shallows water can be perfectly clear giving the illusion that it isn�t there.

The next photo looks like the marks that are left on the sand after the tide goes out. Also the brightness of the right hand bank seems magnified which could be caused by water.

I don�t believe NASA or the rest of the space community anymore when it comes to mars. They are lying.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Good Find where did you find them image's?
Maybe they are covering something up and the rover's are a nice little decoy to keep us busy with because they might have found somthing worthwhile with the probes like at the ice cap's (or whatever anyone else call's them)... they are not going to find anything with them little vehicle's the only thing they will probably find is that "yeah water did exist thousands/millions of years ago" does this mean that life could have existed? If it did then so what? And if they do find evidence of previous life ie fossils i just dont get what this will achieve?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't believe anything has ever made it to Mars. It has been staged by our sneaky government. A hoax to make us feel superior.

If you want to impress me why don't we spend the time and money exploring our oceans. There I believe we will find cures for our ailments.

let us concquer our own planet first before we find another world to exploit and destroy.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Good Find where did you find them image's?

I can�t remember what site exactly, but it would have been one of the mars anomalies sites. I think one of the links on this thread said that these images are often displayed then removed, I certainly have found this to be true as i have tried looking for web pages on sites that i have visited in the past to find certain images, and then found that they have been removed although the literature is still there. COVER UP?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have actually thought that they are just giving out false information about they have rover's on mars....but when the UK tried to send the beagle and failed (don't think they still know why) it makes me think that maybe the US have sucessfully landed them on mars and the pictures they release are true but i just find it really strange that there are so many other interesting and promising places on mars and they have chose the most unlikely place to find anything except maybe nice looking rocks but if they want to spend millions/billions dollars on doing this then it's up to them.
Does anyone know if they are heading anywhere interesting?
I just thought that maybe they could'nt send any solar rovers to the south/north of mars because of the sunlight exposure but then again what's stopping them using any other means of power.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The gov't will do anything to make the people believe anything they want us to believe. I really don't think the rovers made it to mars, most likely a coverup of some kind.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korwatt
The gov't will do anything to make the people believe anything they want us to believe. I really don't think the rovers made it to mars, most likely a coverup of some kind.

That's called being paranoid.
It's not logical neither reasonable to think things like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join