It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings becoming more regular on the News?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Good day to you fellow open minds.

Just thought i would share this video clip of a UFO sighting over Kansas City that was covered on the American news station KCTV 5. Apparently there has been a small flurry of sightings over the weekend with at least 17 reports.

Is it just me or is MSM news coverage starting to show more about this phenomena to the public. It may just be me but UFOs on the news is becoming more and more constant. Is this part of the warm-up to disclosure?

I doubt it because i believe 'they' (the government) have too much to loose. But who knows. Its a crazy world we live in

I did a search and couldnt see that this had been posted before. May be wrong.

And i will chuck in another fairly recent case from El Cajon, California where UFOs have been shown on the news. I believe this one is from August 1st.

So what does everybody think? Two UFO sightings on the news with only 4 days between them... Are they building up peoples perceptions on the subject ready for the big one?

Btw, i am well aware that disclosure has been ongoing for many many years. And also that news channels will have no say on how disclosure should be eased onto the publics mind. I just want to hear everybodys view.

As always, be nice and keep it clean. I hate it when i see threads turned into literary war zones.

Peace
edit on 5-8-2011 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2011 by iksose7 because: lets try again

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Video 2 ticks all the box's for being lanterns , video 1 is a picture of a light with no context so hard to say , the guy who saw the orange orb could have seen a lantern , did it break into three or did it just burn up ...perception is an odd thing

edit on 5-8-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
ye i think "they" are ,only yesterday a BBC sports journalist reported seeing a craft of some kind on his way to work
and alot of the national news papers followed it up with little snippets of information .i thought it was very strange why a sports writer would risk losing respect and credibility by coming out and reporting it to his bosses and them running with the story .maybe the BIG D is coming soon i dont think we are alone and never have been

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well if you turn on your TV, there's a whole lot of UFO/Alien shows on Discovery, History, Science Channel., etc. I guess its because of the 2012 phenomena that its probably occuring on a more frequent basis. Or maybe conditioning us like many have said.

And of course lets not forget Jaime Moussan and his spanish show every Sat or Sun.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

post by blackmetalmist
And of course lets not forget Jaime Moussan and his spanish show every Sat or Sun.

I think it would be a good idea if we did forget Jaime Moussan
....really .

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by blackmetalmist

post by blackmetalmist

I think it would be a good idea if we did forget Jaime Moussan
....really .

Exactly ! My parents try to call me in to go look at something he's talking about and i'd rather continue watching Jersey Shore or something.

I can't stand the man after watching an episode where MUFON discredits him. He insisted that it was a UFO despite it being balloons that MUFON had released earlier. Even after telling him, he just sat there and said "umm no it was a UFO"

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
nothing new here, been seeing them regularly for the last 40 years all over missouri

come to springfield with some hi end camera equipment and a sturdy tripod and catch some amazing video, red orbs are quite common

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There hasn't been an increase from what I can tell so maybe you are just noticing more of them. The early 90's had something new every week if I remember correctly and it was worldwide coverage.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
well there maybe more people taking a bit more interest in alien theory and UFO's but the mainstream would still appear to be naive.... 'video 1' "the man said he didn't believe in UFO's, but certainly does now" i don't understand how someone cant believe in a UFO, yeah maybe not believe in aliens or alien spacecraft but a UFO is an unidentified flying object, i could throw something unfamiliar in the air, and to another it is a UFO, (well if i can make my 'something' fly that is!). UFO... not necessarily Alien spacecraft. anyway im just being trivial, just seems to get to me a little bit

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Video 2 ticks all the box's for being lanterns , video 1 is a picture of a light with no context so hard to say , the guy who saw the orange orb could have seen a lantern , did it break into three or did it just burn up ...perception is an odd thing

Indeed, Gortex. Perception is both subjective and relative to the individual.

edit on 5/8/2011 by crumpet97 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/8/2011 by crumpet97 because: Correction

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Haha whoa, lucky you dude. Wish i could see them on a regular basis. I'm lucky if i get 5 a year!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
this was broadcast yesterday in uk. the news programme in question are looking at the tape and will address on tonights programme in about an hour.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
There's usually a bump in the number of UFO sightings toward the end of summer, as more people are outside looking up at the sky seeing weird things, and there's less "hard" news to be had so the news stations fill it up with human interest stories like UFOs.

Not that there's an increase in the number of UFOs or anything, although I suppose it's possible.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Answer is internet I believe.

More internet. More TV channels. TV channels need more content. Fair use allows UFO footage to be used on news FOC. Slow news days? Get the intern to go to youtube and find some UFOs. Etc ...

I don't think there's more coverage persay ... I just think there's more channels covering and needing content, and therefore if you're looking for it you will find 'more' ... the same way you will find more bad Canadian made of TV movies if you look for those, too.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I saw this as it happened and immediately thought bird , having reviewed the video in your post I think my initial thought was right ... its a bird .

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

yea, maybe pigeon?

top topics

join