It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for live Giza Pyramid webcams; all seem to be down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm trying to locate any webcam feeds from the Giza Pyramids, but those I've found so far are showing old static images; does anyone happen to know of any live feeds that are up atm?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Peteos

To my knowledge there are NONE !

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Very interesting. Most of the links I looked at are saying it is down but the few that seem to be showing a live image are not live but old.

Link

I had to save the image and then I could make out the date on it but very interesting to see this happening.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Very interesting.

This seems to be a live view. Link 1

as it matches with

Link 2

But these images do not have a time stamp on them so who knows.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

I found those as well; at the moment the most likely ones to be a live feed are those you linked to in your second post, but that's only due to the lack of timestamp - the image certainly hasn't changed in the last half hour.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peteos
I'm trying to locate any webcam feeds from the Giza Pyramids, but those I've found so far are showing old static images; does anyone happen to know of any live feeds that are up atm?

You do understand that the political scene in Egypt is rather unsettled and such trivial things as webcams covering the pyramids are not very important to their existence?

The prime purpose of the webcams is to encourage tourism to that country and tourist has all but vanished within the last year because of the civil strife. You follow the news right?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Yes I do, and yes I am aware - it was just surprising to see no live feeds at all of what is one of the seven wonders of the world, even during a period of civil strife.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

I think they went down right before or at the beginning of the Egyptian Revolution. To my knowledge they are not back on.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has found any currently operating webcam with the Pyramids. Being Dec3 2012 is around the corner Id like to be able to watch them.

new topics

top topics

join