It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwait Frees nine Iraqis Jailed For 1993 Plot To Kill George Bush Sr.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

KUWAIT CITY - Kuwait freed nine Iraqis who were jailed in 1993 for attempting to assassinate former US President George H. W. Bush, al Anba newspaper reported Thursday. Kuwaiti authorities decided to deport the men to Iraq after discussions with officials from Baghdad, a source told the paper. The Iraqis were convicted of plotting to kill Bush Snr. in a car bomb attack during the former President's visit to Kuwait in 1993. Bush Snr. made the trip to commemorate Kuwait's liberation in 1991 from seven months of Iraqi occupation. The planned attack on Bush Snr. heightened tensions between Iraq and the US, leading his successor, Bill Clinton, to order a cruise missile attack on the headquarters of Iraq's intelligence services in Baghdad in 1993.

www.myfoxdc.com...

Does seem like a very long time to get those attackers pardoned. It must be funny considering the fact thaty the Kuwaits manage to find them easily. So in return Clinton bombed Iraq as a result of it.

www.upi.com...

www.arabtimesonline.com...

more links right there.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Great, more trained leadership for the insurgents. (Sarcasm)

I wonder how long it will be before we find one of these guys linked to future terrorist attacks.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
well maybe this time they'll get it right

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I don't know the the attackers did what they deserved for trying to kill a president who was just trying to stop the Iraqis from controlling Kuwait during their seven month occupation. What funny is that the no one mentioned about the rape of Kuwait and the story inside Kuwait during the Iraqi occupation because hardly no one even talked about it at all.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

what do you mean exactly?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
reply to post by anumohi

what do you mean exactly?

What he means is that he just commited a federal offense by saying he wanted the President of the United States assassinated.

Minimum of 10 yrs in prison so I assume we won't be seeing him around anymore.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Yep i see what you mean but i think the Iraqis who tried to kill H.W. Bush does need a pardon i believe but do get jailed.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

get ir right? this time. i would like you to believe so. The Kuwatis arrested them in suspect ion of a bomb plot so Clinton bombed Iraq as a result

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
They don't want to be getting to restless. If I was a middle eastern country and the US was in my neighborhood I'd try to keep on the d/l.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
They don't want to be getting to restless. If I was a middle eastern country and the US was in my neighborhood I'd try to keep on the d/l.

Can you tell me what are you talking about specifically?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Well just a few a days ago Kuwait mobilized their army against any Iraqi threat (i'd assume a possibility that the perceived threat is the now American back Iraqi police/army)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and now they are releasing people jailed for trying to kill an American president. Just saying.. they seem a little restless.

(in my last post I meant "too" restless. I'm my own grammar god.)
edit on 28-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

join