It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audit of the Federal Reserve Reveals $16 Trillion in Secret Bailouts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
www.unelected.org...

Nice little read on how the US has given away at 0% interest $16,000,000,000,000. Nothing has been paid back. Just gotta love it.

And this spans both Bush and Obama.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This has been posted at least a thousand times already.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
And this should be the straw that breaks the camels hump.
A rather large straw, that is.

I believe there is a thread on this already, admittedly I am being too lazy to find it.

Funny how America is almost 16 trillion in debt....?
And they gave away nearly as much?

Hmmm....
Something smells fishy.

But think of this.
Ending the Fed would cause calamity to the highest degree.
Then the dollar would no longer be the reserve currency.
They could, after the chaos blew over, usher in a global currency.

I don't want to be right on this one.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Speechless.....

.......still speechless

..........onto outrage!!!!!!!

Seriously, why oh why can't we hang these guys up and hit them with a switch for every dollar.they have plundered? Then with a tire iron for every American that is unemployed because of these shady A--H---S!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
I believe there is a thread on this already, admittedly I am being too lazy to find it.

Welcome to the club. I looked but didn't find anything. I can imagine that it was already posted.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There are a few threads, but none of them gained much steam.

You should try putting Ron Paul in the thread title..i'm sure more will see it then.

edit on 5-8-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This sidenote that makes me angriest of all about this number: the economy blowing up was blamed on the housing crisis... when the economy blew up, total outstanding residential mortgages in this country was only 11 trillion.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I used to care. Now i don't. Why should i? I can't do anything about it. As an individual, i can do nothing. And my countrymen are too apathetic and unengaged (or engaged in the fallacy known as "politics") do anything.

So instead i just stop caring. I watch in horror, and shake my head as i move along.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I didn't see the other thread(s) - read your source article. Great perspective...

What was revealed in the audit was startling: $16,000,000,000,000.00 had been secretly given out to US banks and corporations and foreign banks everywhere from France to Scotland. From the period between December 2007 and June 2010, the Federal Reserve had secretly bailed out many of the world’s banks, corporations, and governments. The Federal Reserve likes to refer to these secret bailouts as an all-inclusive loan program, but virtually none of the money has been returned and it was loaned out at 0% interest. Why the Federal Reserve had never been public about this or even informed the United States Congress about the $16 trillion dollar bailout is obvious — the American public would have been outraged to find out that the Federal Reserve bailed out foreign banks while Americans were struggling to find jobs.

To place $16 trillion into perspective, remember that GDP of the United States is only $14.12 trillion. The entire national debt of the United States government spanning its 200+ year history is “only” $14.5 trillion. The budget that is being debated so heavily in Congress and the Senate is “only” $3.5 trillion. Take all of the outrage and debate over the $1.5 trillion deficit into consideration, and swallow this Red pill: There was no debate about whether $16,000,000,000,000 would be given to failing banks and failing corporations around the world.

new topics

top topics

join