It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

more introduction threads equals more informed people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm glad every day that more and more members join the ranks of one of the most informative discussion sites on the web. For every one new member that joins and takes part, there are even more people out that person shares what they have learned. In these times of chaos, the more we can get to quit lurking and speak up, the sooner we may see conditions change.
I'm going to make it a goal to personally thank each new member for signing up and encourage them to jump right in and get some mud on their boots. I hope everyone will join me.
the owlbear

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
We are ATS
We are legion
Expect Us

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
We are ATS
We are legion
Expect Us

[color=C9BE62]Wrong! There is no 'We.'

[color=9AFEFF]I am 'Me.' I do not agree with everybody, or everything.
I refuse to subject myself to being part of any group, or group mentallity.

[color=C9BE62]I shall state it once more, for emphasis- You are wrong!

edit on 8/5/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Perhaps so, but I was making a joke...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I applaud you for having a very positive view.
Unfortunately, I disagree with that view as entirely too pollyanna.
As cyber war has been declared on several fronts by several areas of power, we can expect an increase in disruptive theads and postings. I don't think I need to elaborate the various mechanisms that can be used--we see such daily but can't prove them.

That plan of attack--more than a mere tactic--works well for those that want to hide or control their activities. It has two functions: to demean the whole of ATS and to defang bitting threads that they don't want to see.

The internet, despite what we hear and even preach about its ability to bring the truth to people, is the greatest propaganda tool ever developed and it will be used extensively by TBTB to our detriment. (They just don't have it all under control to their liking yet.)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

If the internet is such a propaganda tool(which it can be, don't get me wrong) why are you on it? As with ANY form of media, one needs to sort the wheat from the chaff and form their own opinions given the data presented. I am just glad there seems to be an increasing number of voices which may help to drown out the disinformation beasts and help others to "see the light"

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant

Perhaps so, but I was making a joke...
Click Here

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I agree that one needs to be able to differentiate the good from the bad, but I also don't wish to be put in a group kind of thing. But it is nice to see more members online as it feels like there are more posts to read.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Let me just clear this up for everyone...I believe ATS to be not a "group" of any kind. It is simply as I stated in the op a discussion forum! We are all individuals who sometimes share opinions and sometimes disagree. And that's great! Informed discussion is what we need now more than ever. And in my opinion, the more voices thee better.
Thank you all for your opinions!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

This is what I meant as well, and I apologize to you for the reactions my post incurred. Simply stated, I just meant that we had a large collective voice as evidenced pretty much by any google search having to do with alternative news. A quick look at my cached posts would show anyone that I don't follow a group agenda, nor have I ever labeled others as having done so.
I too appreciate the input of the newer members, and am one myself. I became a member during the Japan Earthquake situation in March, because it seemed like ATS was a great source for new information, generally hours or days ahead of the MSM. Each new voice is potentially a new insight to the topics discussed, and often lead to new links not previously shared. I hope this clears up my intentions anyway, and once again my apologies to the OP and those offended...

new topics

top topics

join