It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage over shocking images of the 10-YEAR-OLD model who has graced the pages of Vogue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The provocative images of Thylane Lena-Rose Blondeau, who is tipped as the next big thing on the fashion scene, are causing a storm of controversy with campaigners furious that a child so young should be displaying the sexual allure of someone twice her age.

linky

This is creating a huge controversy. Yes she is beautiful, yes she doesn't look like normal ten year olds. But I think I agree in that she is portraying styles of women twice her age., is pretty disturbing.

There are so many beautiful women out there, do they really need a ten year old? Is this making the age gap even larger so that women and girls will now have to fret not looking ten?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
posted already....on the homepage if you cared to look

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Theres already another thread on it Nixie. Just so you know.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Some seriously ignorant behavior being displayed smh. I just wonder how the parents are ok with this unless$$$$$$$$ caused them to sell their souls. She should be playing with some dolls or something. But the strange seem to have found a way to exploit children out in the open now. There are many many many beautiful women wh ocould of done this and presented this better so WHY a BABY 1 doesnt understand. SAD

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Disgusting!!

I cannot believe the editors allowed that to be published! It's not even worth publishing on ATS!

Sorry OP but i think this is totally in bad taste and should never have been published in any type if magazine.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I did, I didn't see it. The snideness is not necessary.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

because clothes are best displayed on a model who has no curves. A 10 year old has no curves. Tape is used at the sides of her chest to push the fat together and give the illusion of cleavage.

Don't blame the 10 year old or her parents - they are making money for her future (which is what every good parent would do- this is her post secondary education paid for). And how is this different from child actors?

Blame a culture that refuses to accept that woman have curves. That smaller is not necessarily better. Blame anti-obesity campaigns that demonize woman who have curves. Blame fashion makers who insist on no bump or bulge to ruin the line of the clothing.

Tired of Control freaks

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Profiting off pedophiles.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I did, I didn't see it. The snideness is not necessary.

I know right, Im glad you said something, I was about to.
I didnt see it either on the home page.

@OP, this is so disturbing, I can't believe how low that industry goes with Children, weight issues, work ethics, it should be shut down.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

because clothes are best displayed on a model who has no curves. A 10 year old has no curves. Tape is used at the sides of her chest to push the fat together and give the illusion of cleavage.

Don't blame the 10 year old or her parents - they are making money for her future (which is what every good parent would do- this is her post secondary education paid for). And how is this different from child actors?

Blame a culture that refuses to accept that woman have curves. That smaller is not necessarily better. Blame anti-obesity campaigns that demonize woman who have curves. Blame fashion makers who insist on no bump or bulge to ruin the line of the clothing.

Tired of Control freaks

Im very sorry but I have to disagree with you, I do blame her parents, her Mom is a TV personality and her Dad does something too lol, forgot, but anyhoo regardless of how broke someone is, like me I can't afford a college education for my children right now, but I would never pimp my daughter out in poses like that for pedophiles to have fun to, thats disgusting and any parent who would allow their daughter to sprawl out on a couch for a picture knowing that its suggestive should be checked out by a head doctor.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Agreed
It makes ) sense to 1, but I guess some have their own POV on things.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
step 1 of how to show we live in a soulless society.

step 2 everything in media right now is offensive to me. even ats which i love.

why and how do these media types ever get that it is ok to sexualize a child like this? how in the hell is this rightly and goodly in society?

im sickened by this place we call earth! let armegeddon come, we are officially a planet of sodom and gomorrah.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
First they import models from starve stricken countries to get them as thin as possible. Now they are using children.
The child is still under four foot, I just don't understand the need for a child model. It is very creepy and the magazine has stepped to a new low.

And I do think the parents have input and should of reigned this in.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I want to add to this discussion....so here is a link....where I have already stated my views....

And here is a link to another thread about children being exploited:

If we are going to help save the children...we need to know this information.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
it's pretty ironic this story shows up the same week a massive worldwide pedophelia ring is busted. coincidence? doubtful .......... what an odd world we inhabit.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
she looks like an alien

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Yu are not the first person I have heard say that.

And to the previous poster, it is interesting that it crops up as the pedophilia bust.

I feel bad for this girl...and I feel bad for the other little girls who will probably compare themselves to her.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Theres already another thread ....

Please post your comments in the earlier thread.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join