It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scare at State Fair: witnesses describe mobs and attacks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

This garbage has been happening all summer around here.
Its the second time a group of young teenagers,who happen to be black,have gone on looting and attacking people as they ran off.
Its not a beginning of things to come,its now par for the course.

The cops are always "late" arriving to these events,I assume its cause they now find themselves out numbered and are scared themselves.

Milwaukee is turning into a wasteland,and if the cops cant or wont handle it,than use the national gaurd for everyones safety.

Cause as of Nov 1st,conceal and carry goes into effect.
And when a mob of youth runs into a mob of people carrying,well its only going to end tragicly.

Heres a story recently in Milw during the 3rd and 4th of July
(Video at link)
www.todaystmj4.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
... a connoisseur of racially motivated hate such as yourself. I wonder who you are.

Ooooo! I like that! It isn't accurate in the least but, "a connoisseur of racially motivated hate"...that's nice!

Are you one of those whit folks that only know a couple of black folks are perhaps one stole your girlfriend so you think you know all black people?

Haha, really?

Or are you an embarrassed white-folk that's just watching your own culture destroy other cultures so you are just grasping for any verification of another culture doing harm to yours to alleviate your own sense of responsibility?

American Blacks have a culture all their own. American blacks are different than blacks anywhere else in the world. And they don't need my, or any white guys, help to destroy themselves.

Don't pretend you aren't the problem.

Ever heard the term, "Don't start any crap there won't be any crap"? I'm a closer.

edit on 5-8-2011 by TreadUpon because: missed a "]"

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

That was my comment about the replacement of the traditional role of a father in the AfAm community by 'Big Daddy' governernment under the guise of 'help' by LBJ's 'Great Society' plan of the 1960s.

Nothing has done more to destroy urban neighborhoods by the destruction of nuclear family. It was/is more beneficial to be a 'single mom' (financially) than it was to be a steuggling (in the early years of marriage) blue collar family. The loss was the gains that any working their way up family makes (their children going educationally farther/better employment in the next generation) for the constant of a welfare state.

Personal accountability was replaced by government program largesse.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
IMPORTANT REMINDER

The topic is, unsurprisingly, somewhat inflammatory and will tend to inspire emotional responses. That's fine as long as it doesn't devolve into conduct that violates the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

Specifically, members should be able to express their opinions without being attacked for doing so. Ad hominem attacks are an insult not only to other members, but to what ATS stands for as a community.

Attempts to derail the thread by steering discussion to the identity of members constitute trolling and is subject to the same actions applicable to any acts of trolling, so please don't do it. While most posts in this thread so far avoid such digressions, some posts already do this. Let's not see more of it.

Likewise, racist commentary is prohibited and subject to staff action. That does not mean discussions of race or issues related to race are prohibited. If you see what you believe to be racist behavior, please ALERT it and do NOT play "thread cop" by labeling other members or otherwise disrupting discussion.

If anyone disagrees or has any questions or comments about anything I've posted here, please send me a U2U. Do NOT argue with a moderator in-thread, as that can lead to a post ban.

Threads like these can either crash and burn in a tedious orgy of finger-pointing or lead to unexpected insights and understanding. Let's aim for the latter and avoid the former.

As always, thanks to everyone who didn't need to be reminded.

edit on 8/5/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp

Welfare state? How many old people rely on SS for medicine and medical help?

How many of those "old people" paid into Social Security or Medicare for 35-40 years or more? I think I understand what you're getting at but I'm not sure those are the best examples to use to illustrate your point.

You are right, perhaps that was not the best example, I only meant that the "welfare state" is not all bad and that these programs help people. I was angry that he was implying that only black people took advantage of such programs. I did read that very relevant post about welfare replacing the father in the family. I was lucky enough to have my father in my life- a black man worth of love and respect who did the right thing by his family.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

Beating people and going on a crime spree is a great way to change all that, huh?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp
[
The odds of a white being attacked by a black are 9 to 1..

the fact black youth unemployment is so high???? really.....how about their lack of respect, attitudes, grammar, lack of propper fitting pants, "somebody owes me" attitude, "Im gonna get mine" attitude, etc..etc..etc..

did you know there have been numerous studies over the last 30 years that show:

1. a much higher % of inmates nationwide are black in relation to population than whites
2. the rate of violent crimes (murder, rape, armed robbery) among black Offenders BLOWS AWAY ANY OTHER GROUP, asian or native american or latino or white...

I agree the numbers are dismal and disheartening. I cry that this is the case. As another poster said though, it is economic. Pit the have against the have nots and watch the madness ensue. I have always thought of black folks, myself included, as canaries in the mines. Back in the day, miners used to carry birds with them into the mines, so if toxic gases escaped, the bird would die and seeing that would give the miners time to get out before they were overcome with gas too. The metaphoric gas is coming...

So funny how people confuse the perpetration rate of these violent crimes with the conviction rate. It's like comparing traffic violations. Of course black men are more likely to get a ticket; they are pulled over more. To be honest, I feel nervous being a passenger with any of my black friends driving because we almost always get pulled over. I even have that problem with my Hispanic cousins. Ridiculous.

I'm not saying there's a correlation, I'm just saying it's impossible to say Group A is more violent for Group B because Group A is stalked by the police.

Anyway, canary in the coal mine. Sad analogy but one that the paranoid racists on here should appreciate.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

It's way beyond the old notion of those in the cart and those pulling the cart. Those days are long gone. It is the social and the anti-social. We are divided and will become more so. It is why folks want to live in gated communities, why folks will do just about anything to send their kids to private school (it is much less about the academics than folks will tell you), its why in major cities in the country, the police run essentially what amounts to a gauntlet between social and anti-social parts of the community. Its why folks of all races are fleeing cities. Its why states that are more tolerant of this kind of BS like Illinois, New York and California have had a net loss of citizens for a decade.

We are divided and we are pragmatically dividing ourselves. We're dividing ourselves because we understand that the entire business of "war on poverty and "Great Society" have done nothing but make matters worse. Its cool to wring your hands about it and worry about the "root causes" of this kind of thing - just don't do it at a public gathering because if you're wringing your hands you won't be able to defend yourself.

Best thing you can do is disengage, move, and don't place yourself in a position to be a victim of violence.

Crazy how these things never happen at gun shows where the majority of folks have bibles on their bed side tables or at tea party rallys.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
Tonight you'll be okay. There aren't any black music acts to draw all the rif-raf.

Way to combat racism!
You go, girl!

Nothing helps end racism faster than more racism.

Originally posted by Majic
Likewise, racist commentary is prohibited and subject to staff action. That does not mean discussions of race or issues related to race are prohibited. If you see what you believe to be racist behavior, please ALERT it and do NOT play "thread cop" by labeling other members or otherwise disrupting discussion.

Oh?
edit on 5-8-2011 by Undertough because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
reply to post by BadMagician

There IS a deeper cause. The total and complete, LBJ 'Great Society' destruction of the African American family. AfAm fathers were REPLACED by an entitlement check...big Daddy Government--who provided free food; housing; total support. We are on the Third or fourth generation of 'Generational Welfare' which rewarded fractured familes (better off 'benefit wise' if a 'single mom head of household' as opposed to a married, nuclear family.

Almost fifty years of that mindset has given us the feral "youth" of today. How many of the "youth" (note NOT perps) came from two parent families that live off a paycheck instead of a welfare check?

Standing in a circle and singing ''Kumbaya" is not the answer...that has been tried. Its failed. The entitlements that bred this need ceased.

Yeah, black people had it way better more than 50 years back in the US.

link   

Mod note: Please read this post. -- Majic

edit on 8/5/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

Ever heard the term, "Don't start any crap there won't be any crap"? I'm a closer.

edit on 5-8-2011 by TreadUpon because: missed a "]"

I don't even know what that means. You can fling insults to an entire ethnicity but that's not "starting crap"? I know this may be viewed as keeping up a personal attack but it's incredibly relevant to the thread. It's that mentality and behavior that incites these sort of attacks.

Keep in mind that everything I said about you was paraphrased versions of what you said about another poster. This, again, is a great example of the racist double-standard. I don't want to use you as a case-study but it fits the OP so well. I'm not attacking you, I'm attacking your words.

Now, please look at this thread objectively and pretend, even for a moment, that the problem could lie in society itself.

link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Did you miss the part where I said I do not condone this behavior? I find it reprehensible and inexcusable. Nobody should be treated this way. NOBODY! EVER! I was just saying I understand the frustration, the hopelessness, the despair that would drive someone to this.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Stalked by the police, eh. I wonder why...

Preliminary Fallen Officers in 2011

Tampa Bay police officers killed in line of duty

St. Petersburg police officers killed

And those last two links... that's just in the local Tampa Bay area in the past year and a half... and only the fatal incidents. Maybe you can understand why police are more apprehensive toward black suspects than non-black ones...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
This is the type of racially motivated crime that the media will eagerly promote and discuss because it puts black youth in the spotlight as animals, very much like the mind controlled effort of Hollywood's latest movie, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes."

...and that is where this thread jumps the shark.

TO the OP: Good find. Interesting story, especially given this is not the first mob attack like this to be reported this summer. It seems like an interesting topic to discuss but in two pages all black people were smeared as thugs and compared to monkeys. Time to go.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
reply to post by Cuervo

Stalked by the police, eh. I wonder why...

Preliminary Fallen Officers in 2011

Tampa Bay police officers killed in line of duty

St. Petersburg police officers killed

And those last two links... that's just in the local Tampa Bay area in the past year and a half... and only the fatal incidents. Maybe you can understand why police are more apprehensive toward black suspects than non-black ones...

Uh... no. The first link was a basic non-racially connected statistics page. The other two were simply two copkillers who were black. I guess we could go back and forth linking copkiller stories with white people and black people. Or, better yet, I could link a bunch of stories of cops shooting un-armed black men in the back. How does any of that help?

I'm not getting into a race war with you because there is nothing to war about. It's silly and nonexistent. Just one more way to trick people like you into thinking that "rich vs poor" is really "white vs black" so you'll continue to defend the rich.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I'm not race waring (is that even a term?), I was posting a few links. And yes, I know that white people shoot police as well. I live in a gray world.

And what does being rich have to do with anything in this discussion?

The fact of the matter is that police are being killed in greater numbers and higher frequency than at any time in the modern era since 1900, and that a disproportionate number of said killings have been commited by black felons.

Just because you don't like the number's does not make them any less accurate. I hate hearing about police/firefighters/paramedics/mothers/sons/etc. being killed, but to deny the facts because it makes us uncomfortable is ignorance personified.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
WHO ORGANIZED this "mob of hundreds of black youths"?

I don't think it is possible for a hundred strong mob of any people can spontaneously assemble.
So who organized it?
To what gain?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I was going to stay far away from this, but:

American Blacks have a culture all their own. American blacks are different than blacks anywhere else in the world. And they don't need my, or any white guys, help to destroy themselves.

Kind of fits the bill for something a sheltered and ignorant human being would say. It is clear that you know next to nothing about the black "disposition" in the United States of America. I'm jumping back out of this conversation, but just wanted to chime in and let you know that for all the arrogance you display, you have a ways to go, at least in competently conveying a rational point of view.

Don't mistake this for condoning the kids' behavior, but there's plenty of worse things that happen everyday, perpetrated by kids and adults who are not black.
edit on 5-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wow so I see they are still at it ...
Seems like the flash mobs just won't stop.
Terrible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join