It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scare at State Fair: witnesses describe mobs and attacks

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by danybx
reply to post by bftroop

dont over generalize..."black people hate everybody" ? really ? and you base this conclusion on what 2 or 3 experiences. i dont hate everybody and i know a lot of black people who dont either.

and again i dont think that all black people are angry about ancestors that were enslaved. i personally am not.
did you not see that MLK tape with the whole "we shall over come " march ? did you see the black people getting pelted with rocks, the dog attacks, the water hoses. that wasnt in slavery time . that was in the 1960s my mother was born then , my grandmother as well. and they are still alive today, and guess what im pretty sure the people throwing rocks and spitting on those black people are still alive too. my grandmother told me stories about growing up in the south in the 1920's and 30's- lynchings and killings . her pain is my pain... her rage is my rage... her history is my history... not 250 year old history but living history .

I didn't over generalize. And it has been far more than 2 or 3 expereinces. More like hundreds.

Yes I understand the whole pain thing. But I as a White guy had nothing to do with that either but for some odd reason. I am "generalized" as that white guy the used attack dogs, water hoses and lynched black people. I did not. So why do I have to answer to anyone for something I personally was not involved in? That's my question. I don't hate black people I hate actions that I see and hear. From personal experiences.

I have sympathy for the people that fought for what they needed too. And trust me when I see some of the events that happened in the 50's and 60's it makes me mad too. I look for the justice in things. And in that time I would have stood for what was right. I have great respect for black leaders back then that lost their lives for what they believed was right and just.

I don't think any man woman or child should have to suffer to any extent because of the color of their skin and that all men should be free. However we all at some point in time had to fight the right fight to get the correct outcome. Yes even white people. I believe all races at one time or another had to fight for right to be free. It's an ongoing battle even today.

And I hate to make a generalization but isn't that what we all do? But just using the term white and black is a generalization on it's own. My personal preference is not to hang out with people that smoke crack white or black. I never dated a black woman because it wasn't my preference.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
It seems the more negative the post, the more stars are posted to the member. Nothing is getting solved by hatred.

Bet if I said " blacks are from the jungle and they should stay there or...... let's ship them back to Africa", I would get 2000 stars.

Come on!!!!!!

I don't think people are getting stars for negative comments as much as it's about people speaking their minds. I think it's more like racial therapy. If everyone was saying positive things well it wouldn't be much of a thread would it. In that case no one would watch the news if it was all good news. . Good thread actually. I'm just sayin

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

WOW!!! How racist are you???

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This thread could have went horribly wrong. Could have been bloodshed in the forum. But to my surprise. Intelligent (for the most part) conversation. I also didn't know there were 300-400 people involved in the mob. That's crazy. Thank you all for a thread of great conversation and debate. It's been real.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by obzerver
post removed by staff

Okay I'm missing something with your statement, my god man did you just say good for them ? This isn't good for anyone. Please explain what you are talking about

edit on 6-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Aug 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

Well, I'm just sayin..... that folks need to get a grip and realize the disproportionate amount of blacks out of work needs some just conversation. Therapy, you gotta be kidding me! You are one of reasons (thought types) that we have such a backlash towards the MAN. Racial therapy......I'm going to tell everyone about that line. omg.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

If you act a certain way towards people because of your preferences and their ethnicity, then YOU ARE a racist. If you never met a black chick that you wanted to date, that doesn't make you a racist. But, if you say that you wouldn't date a black chick, that does make you a racist. The color of skin is just melanin, it doesn't affect intellect, height, weight, attitude, or any of the things that I believe you attribute to it. Maybe you should stop saying that you're not a racist, and you should start asking yourself, "am I a racist"?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Whats wrong with being racist?? As long as you dont cross the line and attack someone based on thier skin color, you can hate whoever you want.

Im racist. Ive had enough problem with blacks and hispanics that its jaded my view of the entire race, but that doesnt make me wrong. Ill raise my son the same way, treat everyone with respect but trust no one, especially a minority.

The sense of entitlement with the black and hispanic youth is widespread. If someone isnt going to give it to them, they will take it. They feel the race card provides them with the freedon to do whatever they please and if dont like it your a discriminating bigot.

The fact that caucasins are a dying breed issomewhat responsible for the downward spiral of the United States of America.. but God for bid we hurt somebodies feelings.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Some times this place depresses the hell outta me.
On one hand, there are people using the state's history of oppression to justify attacks on folks, then those attacks are used as justification for the racist agendas of others.

It's all hate and its all wrong.

As long as poor people are kept at each other's throats, then they'll stay marginalized and impoverished.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jstanthrno1

You ain't right, but at least you're honest!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If 2 people who are in madly in love cannot avoid conflict for their entire relationship, what makes anyone think that the entire human population would somehow unite in some magical way for the remainder of human existence without conflict.

We are all individuals, and we will fight to remain individuals, until the end of time.

And this would apply to any species, I believe.

To be united as one, is just not possible, unless you are alone. Yet even then, we are constantly at battle with our own conscience.

Just do what makes you feel good and try to make the best of everything.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I only read the first page on this thread..and had to stop..I am disgusted as much by the responses of most of the contributors as I am of the fair going felons.

I will not respond to anyone about this thread..I do not argue with bigots..gave that up a while back..a man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still.

I can't imagine what will happen if some of the attackers happen to be Muslim.

Good luck with that hate and ignorance thing.

Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
I only read the first page on this thread..and had to stop..I am disgusted as much by the responses of most of the contributors as I am of the fair going felons.

I will not respond to anyone about this thread..I do not argue with bigots..gave that up a while back..a man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still.

I can't imagine what will happen if some of the attackers happen to be Muslim.

Good luck with that hate and ignorance thing.

Peace

Preach brother, if you think this is bad go to GLP. Thank god nobody knows what anybody looks like over there. I was afraid i'd be hung....literally. This place depresses the hell outta me, yet I run back.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadMagician
Obviously, these kids should be held responsible.

The causes however, are deeper than them just being "punks"...I see here order being maintained through chaos. When blacks and whites, dems and repubs, etc. are fighting with one another it keeps the attention off of those most responsible for much of the suffering.

We all need to unite, this and our reactions to this story prevent us from doing so, and thus we are all playing in to the hand of our common enemy.

I agree completely. Don't let your mind label this as yet another racially charged incident.
For so many people to be involved requires organisation, this level of organisation would not be overlooked by gov unless they had a hand in it.
Divide and conquer. one falls but many are strong.
EDIT- No the kids are NOT to blame. the organizor is.
We are all HUMAN regardless of race. Someone has the peasants fighting each other. Who?
edit on 6-8-2011 by Raivan31 because: Did'nt proof read my stuff, sorry bout that

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp

Originally posted by chaztekno
And they moan things will never get better, is there any wonder. I'm affraid the only racism i see nowadays comes from the black community who are living in the past still and blaming the white folk for what happened generations ago. When this turns ugly, and it will, who will end up with the blame???

You are being really naive if you think that is all that is going on. Living in the past? Black youth feel helpless and hopeless from what is going on today. 1) They have the highest unemployment rates than other races- The jobless rate for black teens has consistently been higher than any other demographic since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began publishing results in 1972. 2)They have the highest incarceration rates than any other race -disparties in prison sentences. Among the findings: Blacks in the United States are imprisoned at more than five times the rate of whites, and Hispanics are locked up at nearly double the white rate, according to a study released Wednesday by a criminal justice policy group. The worst of the states: In five states - Iowa, Vermont, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Wisconsin - African Americans are incarcerated at more than ten times the rate of whites. 3) They have the highest death rates than any other race. Although cancer deaths have declined for both Whites and African Americans/Blacks living in the United States, African Americans/Blacks continue to suffer the greatest burden for each of the most common types of cancer American White women have the highest incidence rate for breast cancer, although African American/Black women are most likely to die from the disease.African American/Black men have the highest incidence rate for prostate cancer in the United States and are more than twice as likely as White men to die of the disease It's not about poverty. It's not about teenage pregnancy. It's not about use of drugs. … If you self-identify as black, there's a greater chance your baby will be born before full term and be too small." Nearly 600 babies in New Jersey died before their first birthday in 2007, the most recent year for which figures are available. Of these, 194 were black and 180 were white, even though black women accounted for only one in eight births. For every 1,000 live births in the state, 11.2 black babies and 3.4 white babies died. This is TODAY, not in the past. I am not saying what they did is right, I condemn what they did- I am just saying I understand...
edit on 5-8-2011 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

With the greatest respect to you as a person, it is you who is Naive.
I am Employed. Yes I am White. At my place of Employment, they EQUALLY share positions between Races.
For example; If a White British born person is employed, the next person to get the job will be an Immigrant, REGARDLESS OF THEIR RACE. That is because it is LAW to do so.

You said that Black Unemployment is high. Well it will be if you do not apply for the job in the first place.
edit on 6/8/11 by 140BPM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp

Originally posted by chaztekno
And they moan things will never get better, is there any wonder. I'm affraid the only racism i see nowadays comes from the black community who are living in the past still and blaming the white folk for what happened generations ago. When this turns ugly, and it will, who will end up with the blame???

You are being really naive if you think that is all that is going on. Living in the past? Black youth feel helpless and hopeless from what is going on today. 1) They have the highest unemployment rates than other races- The jobless rate for black teens has consistently been higher than any other demographic since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began publishing results in 1972. 2)They have the highest incarceration rates than any other race -disparties in prison sentences. Among the findings: Blacks in the United States are imprisoned at more than five times the rate of whites, and Hispanics are locked up at nearly double the white rate, according to a study released Wednesday by a criminal justice policy group. The worst of the states: In five states - Iowa, Vermont, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Wisconsin - African Americans are incarcerated at more than ten times the rate of whites. 3) They have the highest death rates than any other race. Although cancer deaths have declined for both Whites and African Americans/Blacks living in the United States, African Americans/Blacks continue to suffer the greatest burden for each of the most common types of cancer American White women have the highest incidence rate for breast cancer, although African American/Black women are most likely to die from the disease.African American/Black men have the highest incidence rate for prostate cancer in the United States and are more than twice as likely as White men to die of the disease It's not about poverty. It's not about teenage pregnancy. It's not about use of drugs. … If you self-identify as black, there's a greater chance your baby will be born before full term and be too small." Nearly 600 babies in New Jersey died before their first birthday in 2007, the most recent year for which figures are available. Of these, 194 were black and 180 were white, even though black women accounted for only one in eight births. For every 1,000 live births in the state, 11.2 black babies and 3.4 white babies died. This is TODAY, not in the past. I am not saying what they did is right, I condemn what they did- I am just saying I understand...
edit on 5-8-2011 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

It must be a terrible experience. If I were Black I would not bring any children into this world.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
I would not be at all surprised to find out in the next day or two that this was a government op with the purpose of creating social unrest.

They SOOO want people to start a violent revolution to justify the crackdown they are just drooling to enact, but the peeps aren't playing ball...the protests have all been peaceful.

That makes sense to me. I've had the uncomfortable suspicion since 2008 that one of the reasons Obama was selected by some very powerful Whites to be president, was to have him assassinated. That would practically ensure widespread riots & chaos and give TPTB an excuse to declare martial law -- indefinite suspension of the US Constitution.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by TreadUpon

Originally posted by joyride0187
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

Wow and I was thinking of going to the Wisconsin state fair tonight. Looks like I'll be cancelling my plans.

Tonight you'll be okay. There aren't any black music acts to draw all the rif-raf.

Not just the draw to the musical events, perhaps the content of the music as well. It's not just anti-war protest themes in the music anymore.

Could it have been in part the music that triggered this event? Was there such an intent in mind?

I read the linked article in the OP. The Black teens were NOT there for the MC Hammer concert.

Ironically, most of MC Hammer's audience at the fair, were White -- and older Whites at that (were probably Hammer fans from the late 1980's). Most of the teens at the concert were with their parents. From the standpoint of today's teens, MC Hammer is an old man from another generation.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join