It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scare at State Fair: witnesses describe mobs and attacks

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Jesus man, it sounded like some hostile alien movie. But you're right.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

That's a darn fine question. Why can't law enforcement intercept these messages and stop these mobs before they begin? They've taken several kids into custody here in Philly which means they've got their phones. Maybe the government isn't as sophisticated as we've made them out to be? Or, they want these mobs roaming the streets to create more of a divide between whites and blacks? Ooooo, conspiracy! But this has already been discussed.

Any flash mobbers out there care to enlighten us on how the information is passed? Facebook, Twitter, text? Is there some kind of flash mob enigma machine that we haven't discovered? Possible alien control of these individuals? CIA, NSA, OSS, KGB?

If we can listen to terrorists talking in the deserts of Yemen, we should be able to figure out when punk kids in our own country are going to form a mob. Egads, I think I just inadvertenly called them domestic terrorists.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Pretty sure a good amount of it would be nonexistent to a stronger willed, more common nonsensical administration.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
sadly i live in nyc and we cant have guns.

link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
reply to post by fooks

That's a darn fine question. Why can't law enforcement intercept these messages and stop these mobs before they begin? They've taken several kids into custody here in Philly which means they've got their phones. Maybe the government isn't as sophisticated as we've made them out to be? Or, they want these mobs roaming the streets to create more of a divide between whites and blacks? Ooooo, conspiracy! But this has already been discussed.

Any flash mobbers out there care to enlighten us on how the information is passed? Facebook, Twitter, text? Is there some kind of flash mob enigma machine that we haven't discovered? Possible alien control of these individuals? CIA, NSA, OSS, KGB?

If we can't listen to terrorists talking in the deserts of Yemen, we should be able to figure out when punk kids in our own country are going to form a mob. Egads, I think I just inadvertenly called them domestic terrorists.

Sweetheart remember the DHS called the white man terrorist, the black man could blow up the national bank and nobody would care. You are the terrorist if you're white.
And yes I know what I just said sounded so wrong

link   

Originally posted by otaris

You can carry a knife or even a small foldaway stick.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield

This is racism at it's worst... Black youth that feel they have been "kept down by the man"

Wrong... this has NOTHING to do with feeling "kept down by the man" and everything to do with hate. This is the REAL end-product of political correctness and white guilt. When you have a society convinced that one group of people "can't be racist", a media that won't honestly report facts about racially motivated crimes, an attorney general that won't prosecute "his people" for voter intimidation, the most popular music of the day glorifies this kind of thuggish lifestyle, and countless race-based groups/entitlement programs to give you nonstop special treatment/status... you create a culture where young black youths have no reason NOT TO act out in this fashion.

Why shouldn't they?

Unlike white kids who may decide to act like this, the black youths know it won't be reported accurately in the media, they won't face hate crimes if they are caught, race pimps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will provide them a million and one excuses/justifications, they don't have to fear losing jobs or advancement opportunities, and anyone who discusses it honestly will be villified as being "racist" more than they are for attacking innocent people.

Non-stop handouts, no accountability, endless excuses for all their actions, and special status has done for the black community EXACTLY what it has done for countless "spoiled brats" throughout history.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
This is a symptom of a much larger problem, there is deep seated anger amongst the younger population, society has frustrated them, it isn't a black or white problem. It isn't even necessarily a poor problem, as we saw in the Vancouver riots, rich kids were rioting too. No just underneath our civilization is a dark rage waiting for a trigger.

Sports riots are a different animal, it's a primal thing thats easy to tap into when experiencing the high of a win.

But you're right about the anger wave, it's palpable, but it is the haves Vs. the have nots.

As more and more homes are lost to foreclosure, and more and more renters getting booted because they've exhausted theit benefits, it's only getting worse.

I don't see this ending well.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

i do carry a knife, though that wouldn't help much against a group of 10-15 people if i were to be attacked at night

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

It will be interesting to see what Reverend Sharpton has to say about this.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Stupidity at its finest.
edit on 5-8-2011 by redstripe1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

whats interesting is that he inst speaking out against it, hell he might even be the one orchestrating these get togethers

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Heartisblack

i do carry a knife, though that wouldn't help much against a group of 10-15 people if i were to be attacked at night

So sorry, dude. So do I, I know it won't make a damned difference!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011

It will be interesting to see what Reverend Sharpton has to say about this.

Nothing, simply nothing. If you're white, sadly you don't matter.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
Man, it's 2011. When is this racism going to stop?

Reading this story makes me angry. Angry that the youth felt they needed to prove a point with violence. I am also angry at the good for nothing police, who only like to involve themelves after the fact because they aren't good for anything else except making public statements.

I am angry that it's 2011, there is finally a black president, and America is as racist as it ever was.

When are the black families with 10 children and not one of them have a job gonna stop?

I'm seriously sick of all these "government housing" full of gangsters, drug dealers and people who do not want to do anything more than collect there food stamps and government cash every month. And majority if not all of them are black, I know the truth hurts but there comes a point when these people are taking the government aid to far!

Everyday I pass massive housing complexes where the people that live there "all black" only have to pay 20-25$ each month to live there and on top of that they get cash and 1000+ dollars in food stamps every month! Seriously what the #!

By the way I live in Peoria one of the highest murder rate cities in Illinois if not the highest.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Which unless you are trained will be useless to you, but something your attacker will likely take away and use on you.

I've had a concealed permit for 14 years, and while I don't carry much in the summer, a firearm is never farther away than my vehicle. Cops take statements and put up tape in real life, it's not like on TV. I prefer to be an active participant in my own and my families survival. Hope I never have to use it, but I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

While the attacks may have been racially motivated, I think we should look at the attacks without regard to race. Any group attacks on people without just cause should be made publicly aware of in order to shun that way of thinking.

In this specific case, they should find those who conspired and participated in the attacks and imprison them. While imprisoned, they should be studied in order to to find a solution that best prohibits group persecution from manifesting. Then teach that solution in schools. After the offenders have be exhausted of information, they should be forced to learn of the persecutions of other cultures and races until they're rehabilitated - then set free.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Which unless you are trained will be useless to you, but something your attacker will likely take away and use on you.

yep in most cases pulling out a knife would make a bad situation worse if they take it from you or even if by some terrible luck a cop drives around the corner when you whip it out and your considered the attacker

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Violent flash mobs have been causing trouble in Chicago, wouldn't doubt this is connected.

It's looking like flash mobs may be part of the game.

They are turning up from LA to Vegas, Texas, Florida. Chicago and Detroit.

Sure, some will write it off as something "viral", blacks seeing other blacks getting away with insane brazen theft, BUT, in each case, you have to see that it takes considerable organizing skills to mobilize a sizable group, to basically go risk jail time.

So, why then?

I think maybe TPTB that are pushing these people want corporate America to get involved, get pissed, hire more security, etc. Then, incidents can start to become more frequent that end up involving gunfire.

Each escalation ups the ante, with everyone acting predictably, as they pull all our strings.

The thing to worry about is if they are planning an ugly crescendo.

I'm so glad I live in the country on acreage, away from the insanity of the cities.

Maybe it really will hit the fan, but unlike a lot of people posting here, I'd really prefer not to have to decide whether or not to shoot someone.

It's not that I don't want to fight for what's right, but my gut says we're all being played, and my shooting some poor schmuck who was also being played, probably won't feel so good down the line. At some point, things will settle down, and we will be able to better see what the big picture was.

Sort of like the World Wars. Sure, if you were a patriotic American in 1941, you would want to kill Japanese! BUT, decades later, you might learn that the whole thing was about other things than you thought originally. But maybe your best friend died on Okinawa anyway. Yeah, too late...

JR
edit on 5-8-2011 by JR MacBeth because: caps wrong

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by otaris

Do not respect laws made by people that do not respect you. carry as many guns as you want please.

In a harmed or be harmed situation.. you want to harm first and best.

Also have you forgotten the constitution? Imo that supersedes the laws that these numbskulls that make up now.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join