It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHIMERA - Scientists creating human and animal hybrids

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Animal-Human Hybrids Spark Controversy ~ National Geographic
Chinese bioethics? - Human & Rabbit fused embryos
Head Transplants ~ Wikipedia
Chimera - Genetics ~ Wikipedia

This is crazy, the level that geneticists have advanced. I Just watched s03e02 of Ancient Aliens (aliens & monsters), they were talking about chimeras and whether they were the result of ETs messing with animal and human DNA. At the rate that our modern science is going... It would be a plausible assumption that those mythological tales could be a result of ET manipulation.

I read this article (National Geographic - linked above), page 2 is where it gets crazy. Irv Weissman, some talented geneticist, has already created mouse embryos with human brains (just 1% of a human brain). Anyway, this article is quite old (2005).. I'm looking him up now. Apparently he was waiting for permission from the National Academy so he could create a mouse with 100% of a human brain. Sure, they say it's for the sake of science and understanding the embryo growing process.. BUT what if one of these mice got away before they got killed/disposed of? What would happen if that mouse developed into adulthood and bred with normal mice?

Weissman has already created mice with brains that are about one percent human.

Later this year he may conduct another experiment where the mice have 100 percent human brains. This would be done, he said, by injecting human neurons into the brains of embryonic mice.

Before being born, the mice would be killed and dissected to see if the architecture of a human brain had formed. If it did, he'd look for traces of human cognitive behavior. - 2005, National Geographic

Hahaha, I know it sounds ludicrous, but in 2003 the Chinese have already fused human embryos with rabbit eggs. These embryos lived for days until scientists killed them after their research was complete. WHAT IF these embryos were left to develop and were planted into a womb to grow? Imagine a human with rabbit-like features haha *sigh*. Christ.. this is crazy.. I know we're all curious, but this is.. it feels wrong.

In addition, Chinese scientists claim to have been cloning human embryos (using rabbit eggs and human DNA) since 1999—two years before U.S. researchers accomplished this ghastly feat using only human materials—reportedly for the purposes of isolating stem cells and possibly harvesting spare organs and tissues. The Chinese Ministry of Health recently approved plans for the country’s first state-run stem cell bank, and although the facility is smaller than stem cell banks in the U.S., it will likely become the largest such bank in Asia. - 2003, Chinese Bioethics?

Just to support the level of scientific advancements... In the 1950s, A Russian surgeon, Vladimir Demikhov, who was the first to successfully perform heart surgery, transplanted a head of a dog onto another dog... Which resulted in a two headed dog that lived, breathed, had all its senses... It lived for a few weeks. See any mythological comparison? This was done in the 1950s, imagine what scientists could do now and then imagine what scientists could be capable of in 20-30 years time.

That story about a scientist, Robert J. White, who transplanted a monkey's head onto another monkey's body was true. There's actually a disturbing video of it on the web and the scientist's colleagues and family live to tell his "achievement". You'll find proper scientific reports of the operation.

Reality

Mythology

It is strange, it is like science is rediscovering the past.
edit on 5-8-2011 by sighler because: reference error

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
the thing is, these embryos are destroyed within 2 weeks of being created, they are never left to develop.
personaly i think thatit would be cool if they were but i think im developing a god complex anyway lol

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I first head about this on an AM coast to coast show some quack yes quack , wanted to make a man with wings, for a DARPA project. With steam cell and genetic research one day it, him/ her might fly, till then let it be SiFi not fact
edit on 5-8-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Joseph Stalin had active research into combining men and apes to develop a super soldier. There's some links around here somewhere.

Just a matter of time till they figure this stuff out i'm sure and I doubt in 100 years our world will look anything similar to what it is today.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is potentially dangerous. Imagine a "supergenious" breed of rats planning and executing their escape from the lab

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mimir
This is potentially dangerous. Imagine a "supergenious" breed of rats planning and executing their escape from the lab

Did you go watch Planet of the Apes already.

That's exactly what your describing.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

no not the same, this is dealing with DNA/ stem cell and genome. That movie is if i remember right is teaching the "ape" how too speak,( i do plan on seeing the new one). No what is being made in to reality is how to turn on cells and genomes a link to help explain this newsroom.ucla.edu... What the OP is posting about is, how to transplant, form one spices to an other, in this case from the insect and animal, world to the human things like night vision, hearing /sonar, heat sensing and flight, A super warrior, built in Kevlar skin.Is it right? How far do we go if one can think of it and some one can make it happen it the lab how soon will it be out of the box.The Island of Dr. Moreau www.imdb.com... some times Si Fi does become real. note the date 1977.

edit on 5-8-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Ancient Aliens sesson 3 show some scary/spooky examples of transplantation. It mostly talk about Chimeratechnology, ancient and modern.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Ah... Methinks thou were inspired by last night's episode of AA, eh? It was a good one. I really was not expecting much, but it was a much 'smarter' episode than I was expecting, considering the topic (and, how last week's was handled :puz

Anyway, I linked your thread here - would love your input over there, as well - closely related topics. [First Page!]

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I really hope there is a special hell where Vladimir Demikhov is being tortured and experimented on .. for eternity.

edit on 5-8-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Have you all seen the movie Splice? with Adrian Brody? It has a lot to do with mixing human DNA, and animal DNA. Its a good movie but disturbing at parts....

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Did you go watch Planet of the Apes already.

That's exactly what your describing.

Hahaha, I was thinking more of a rat invasion, like that really bad 2002 horror film The Rats.

or a master chef rat who takes over a restaurant...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Thanks a lot for linking my thread

Yes haha, I was inspired by this weeks AA episode (yes, much more fact and research in this episode compared to others).

Great thread by the way

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Ummmm didn't you know they are the most intelligent species in the universe?

I miss you Douglas Adams (Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy)
edit on 5-8-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
WTF??!!

Why the hell do we need to chop dogs heads off & plant them onto another recipient?

That photo made me want to grab those freakish scientists and throttle them. Slowly.

* Runs outside to hug my dogs...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE
WTF??!!

Why the hell do we need to chop dogs heads off & plant them onto another recipient?

That photo made me want to grab those freakish scientists and throttle them. Slowly.

* Runs outside to hug my dogs...

It is a horrible thing to do, most scientists do not let morality get in their way of scientific advancements. I'm sure there were reasons such as developing technology to reattach spinal cords, which could benefit quadriplegics...

I remember reading of WWII when the Japanese invaded China. Japanese surgeons would experiment on their Chinese captives, surgically cutting them open, removing and replacing organs while their captives were still conscious. They'd even test their weapons on their captives, testing how many bullets and where on the body a shot would kill a man, and an occasional beheading, just for fun. Endless lives were ended at their expense, for their scientific developments and pleasure.

Gah, yes, it's horrific what some scientists get away with doing, but this stuff happens and it's "the order of things"... The world is full of sick people and whether those people realise it or not, these experiments still occur to this day, be it on animals or humans.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sighler

There are no valid reasons to perform these sick experiments on humans or animals. None.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
reply to post by sighler

There are no valid reasons to perform these sick experiments on humans or animals. None.

You're right, its completely wrong. Don't even know why I had to even attempt to give a reason. But the fact is it still happens and will continue to happen unless we do something about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sighler

It’s terrible. I have no doubt whatsoever that more of these sorts of twisted experiments go on than we would ever imagine.

The people carrying out these tasks must be mentally unhinged to -

A: Come up with these ideas for experiments (ultimate 'good' or not, it’s still foul) and,

B: Actually calmly perform the task.

Have these people no heart? No emotions?

It’s something I can’t even begin to imagine, let alone carry out.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

It is a very dark topic to touch upon. In mythology, the "gods" created these monsters that were feared by humanity. I'm not sure if in mythology our ancestors were frightened of these chimeras or of the 'gods' themselves who created these poor monsters. Whatever it is that makes these 'gods' tick, I hope it's nothing like the sick things that humanity has done.

<<   2  3 >>

join