It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The El Yeso, Santiago, UFO. An Open Case Pending. Ufo Best Picture? (NARCAP Full Analysis)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You can see the blue sky through it, I was wondering why. Then Chadwickus hit the nail on the head so to say in my opinion.

Nice clouds tho

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Chadwickus

Doesnt look anything like it.

Try again.

p.s Ouch...that second photo is adding insult to injury

edit on 5-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

Yeh, try again

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

No, I've drawn a line between the middle of the lens flare and the centre of the sun.

They line up.

If there were other bright sources of light in the image you'd get something like this happening:

edit on 5/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Again please.

edit on 5-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

As you clearly show us, The lens flare are not covered by the clouds.... so, something else

S&F, Russo.
Interesting case

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

You've just drawn a straight line in any direction

You were right in your first post. The reflection crowd did not take long to arrive.

Reflection.

Even the Chilean CEFFA have trouble identifying this image, but our "expert on call" draws a few lines, makes a silly animation and voila, case closed.

Bahahahahah....Hold on, is that how we test for lens flare and reflection? Does that mean every photo I draw a line from the sun to the object and this automatically raises the possibility of lens flare or reflection? Wow, you learn something new everyday

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
looks like a reflexion off a door knob or door lock of a modern car a little just my opinion

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

I have one better. Its an orange in car light, and the clouds are in fact the reflection of the lining of the roof inside their vehicle!!!

Debunked?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
reply to post by RUSSO

Nup, Just commented on the pic....And I'm not impressed enough to look at anything else.

Catch22 ... if you're not impressed enough to read the PDF then you're not really informed enough to comment on the photograph surely

Lazy ken10

>>>RUSSO

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

As you clearly show us, The lens flare are not covered by the clouds.... so, something else

S&F, Russo.
Interesting case

Thanks Arken.

Obviously Chadwickus pic are not covered by the clouds.

This photo shows us something quite different:

Behind the clouds?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

yeah, it reminds me of a shot out of a car, too.

edit: this round dark thing, i could swear its a stiring wheel with these handgrips form.

edit on 5-8-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Well I apologise, I've tried to explain it with using images perhaps an external source can assist?

When the light source itself is in the field of view of the camera, lens flares can take the shape of an arc with a sunburst pattern, a ring, a three-dimensional looking spindle, an oval blob, or a flat polygonal spot. Often multiple lens flares appear aligned in a row across the image. Their shape and size depend on the curvature of the lenses, the nature of the light source (a setting Sun for example that is partly obscured by the horizon, can produce a secondary image in the shape of a half-disc) and the type of aperture that is used (for example, if the camera has a six-bladed iris shutter, the flare may display a hexagonal pattern).

Lens flares can make very convincing UFOs. Fortunately, they are easy to identify as both the light source and its reflected image are usually located on a line that crosses the centre of the photograph and at equal distances from that centre

www.caelestia.be...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

This photo shows us something quite different:

Behind the clouds?

Nothing to see here -- just another garden variety giant sky whale frolicking in the ionosphere... Move along people.

Thanks Russo -- interesting photo! I can't buy the "lens flare" explanation, too much "texture" (?) showing in the photo -- those "bumps," what are they?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

OK, drop the lens flare...unless you're willing to grid the photo and show they are perfectly opposite, I understand that part (psst, and don't tell anyone but this was the first time I actually understood the concept, so thankyou for that) but look at the object...it looks like a light, with black plastic around it, and the clouds look like the lining of the roof of the car.....this I am almost convinced.

I just cant put my finger on where I have seen that type of light before, with the little ridges around the edge.
edit on 5-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: Because sometimes, when it's 1.28AM my vision goes a little blurry, and I have to wake up in 3 hours and 15mins and drag my arse to work...what? Too long?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Originally posted by ken10
reply to post by RUSSO

Nup, Just commented on the pic....And I'm not impressed enough to look at anything else.

Catch22 ... if you're not impressed enough to read the PDF then you're not really informed enough to comment on the photograph surely

Lazy ken10

>>>RUSSO

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Forgetomori suggests that it could be a reflection and as you say there are things in the image that could suggest that...such as the top left hand corner of box 12:

I still say the UFO itself is still a lens flare, but is only my opinion.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

No way, it doesnt match up to the opposite box!!!

You're arguing against your own theory now. Do you even understand the theory then?

It will be total and perfect opposite, which it is not. The UFO would have to appear on the right hand side of the box it is in for it to be even considered a lens flare so we can rule that out.

Now, back to the in car orange light.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It looks like the reflection of a leather steering wheel cover. Yeah, yeah, the guy says he was outside the vehicle when he took the photo. Since when do we just believe what people say?

Although I think it's really too small in the photo for that.

My question, I guess is about the "upper level clouds." They really look out of place.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Its not a light, it's not a light.....

It's the damn above head hand grip inside the vehicle....It's stitching we can see.

Woot woot....Debunked...Sorry. Never thought a believer could do such a thing.

Credit to Pez1975, icepack, Chadwickus (for explaining how it is('nt) a lens flare) and the OP, for providing the opportunity.

For anyone I missed, you know we mean you too.

So, in conclusion, what can be seen in the photo can reasonably be explained by reflection of the interior of the car including the image of material lining a section inside the vehicle and an above-head hand grip.

Can we all see this?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

inside a car ? agreed. stiring wheel ? maybe too small. over head handle ? too curved, imo.
if we are talking about the same thing....
it should be more straight and on both ends the curves, where it is attached to the car body.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join