It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toilet Paper Worth More than US Dollar-Gerald Celente interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Gerald sounded the bell today saying that the US dollar isn't worth the paper it is printed on. Alex also talks with the trends forecaster about the debt deal and what's coming for the American and global economies down the road.

Gerald Celente is the publisher of the Trends Journal and founder/director of The Trends Research Institute.
www.trendsresearch.com...

Toilet Paper Worth More than US Dollar-Gerald Celente interview(Part 1 of 2)

Toilet Paper Worth More Than US Dollar-Gerald Celente interview(Part 2 of 2)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by amy2x

There is an intrinsic value and an extrinsic value to a dollar bill.

Which one is he talking about? Oh wait, he's just fear mongering...and serving to a very specific audience.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by amy2x

There is an intrinsic value and an extrinsic value to a dollar bill.

Which one is he talking about? Oh wait, he's just fear mongering...and serving to a very specific audience.

Sorry you are so afraid. I'm interested in knowledge. It's an excellent way to know what's going on!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Very soon we may get to see the dollar bill being used as a toilet paper. And that is really frightening.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Why do people care what this guy says?

He's a moron, he's not funny, he doesn't understand economics, he flip-flops on almost everything he says. The man is a quack.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is such a dumb over the top thing to say. Pads of paper dont cost hundreds of dollars now do they?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by amy2x

Afraid? Afraid of what? Are you sane enough to make coherent statements? Or have you gone off the far edge?

Are you interested in knowledge?

Do you know what the intrinsic and extrinsic values of a dollar bill are?

Do you know what the intrinsic and extrinsic values of toilet paper are?

ie, there are multiple brands of toilet paper, some expensive, some so cheap you'll be grating your behind with 'em...does mr. Celente say what brand of toilet paper would "out-value" the dollar? Or is he just talking out of his behind?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Great rebuttle!

This guy most certainly is scaremongering with outrageous statements which are only used to grab headlines and shock people.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

He's a moron, he's not funny, he doesn't understand economics, he flip-flops on almost everything he says. The man is a quack.

Pleassssssssse, give us a lesson on economics. I bet Gerald Celente makes more money in a year than you will in a lifetime!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Mr. Celente has been right on the money with everything else...If this prediction were correct I would not be surprised in the least.

So I can't afford gold, but is Silver, Guns, and a Getaway plan a good substitution?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
At least if/when the dollar collapses completely and is worthless, and you can't afford toilet paper, you'll still have good wiping material.

Try to look at the bright side of things.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by amy2x

I used to pay attention to Mr. Celente, but the more he appears on Alex Jones, the more I am starting to believe that he makes things up on the spot so he can keep the cash cow mooing.

Back in the early days of the interwebs he used to offer fairly decent advice, but now he is fear-mongering without really offering anything more than more fear.

I know that things will get bad, but I want hear about options. Not the same 'ol, "You are so screwed and there is nothing you can do about it!" line of BS.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
In the future, the Federal Reserve Notes of this time, will surely be very valued collector's items.

As with confederate currency and Demand Notes, things that the Federal Reserve Note has replaced.

The FRN is the single most powerful instrument of control ever used by a nation. Unfortunately, ultimate power corrupts, and so this will have to take its course. But to say that these FRNs are not going to be super collectible for my great great great great grandchild, is absurd. They'll be framed and talked about for a thousand years and more. To equate that with bathroom tissue, shows that he doesn't understand the market for collectors of rare and unique Notes. There was never anything like the Federal Reserve Note, and though it be debauched, it will be remembered. I am guessing it will always be the symbol of how great House Rothschild was in their heydey, before they lost the US, and London, and everything they ever had.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by amy2x

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Pleassssssssse, give us a lesson on economics. I bet Gerald Celente makes more money in a year than you will in a lifetime!

Him making a lot of money doesn't mean he understands economics. Warren Buffet makes a lot of money and he doesn't understand economics well either. Gerald Celente has a ton of gullible people that buy into his nonsense, it's not hard to make money off of stupid people.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

Mr. Celente has been right on the money with everything else...If this prediction were correct I would not be surprised in the least.

No he hasn't, he's been wrong about many things and even when he gets it right he's still wrong about why it happened. Anyone can become a Celente-level forecaster, just make a lot of general predictions and eventually some of them will happen.

It's really that simple.

I also don't understand how anyone can consider this a ``prediction``, it's pretty obvious where our economy is headed.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

ie, there are multiple brands of toilet paper, some expensive, some so cheap you'll be grating your behind with 'em...does mr. Celente say what brand of toilet paper would "out-value" the dollar? Or is he just talking out of his behind?

If I were a bank, I would give back more interest for people who deposited Royale and Charmin, but anyone with 1 ply no name brand is getting charged fees. Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

No he hasn't, he's been wrong about many things and even when he gets it right he's still wrong about why it happened. Anyone can become a Celente-level forecaster, just make a lot of general predictions and eventually some of them will happen.

I think Celente comes out at keys times to try and create viral paranoia about the markets going down. There are plenty of people that do this (Including the -buy gold crowd) and the reason... In my uneducated opinion, is minor market manipulation.

Nothing drastic, but enough to either help someone squeeze an investor or get them to dump something of value.

edit on 5-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join