It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cluster of UFO's over Melbourne caught in Night Vision

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
looks like a seagull formation, 100% birds!

CASE CLOSED... wow today has been easy on UFO debunking.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If you voted Birds,

Please stop voting.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
After second thought, the objects are going as fast a cruising spped of typical jet I see on a daily basis, so 500-600 mph is as fast as I believe these objects to be going.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Do you know how many jets fly over Melbourne???

Bugger all!

We have jets fly over when the F1 Grand Prix is on.
We have jets fly over when the International Air Show is on.
I think we had jets fly over when the 'terrorist' training was taking place for the Sydney 2000 Olympics.

The Laverton Air Base has been closed for a number of years now. When that was open, it was a little more common to see the occasional jet fly over. I'm not sure that Point Cook Air Base has the facilities for a fleet of jets. If the birds in the OP were jets, then they would have made one hell of a noise taking off from Point Cook to fly in a loose formation.

It is extremely rare to see one jet fly over Melbourne. Seeing a formation of five or six would almost definitely be covered in the media.
edit on 5-8-2011 by tezzajw because: forgot about Laverton and Point Cook

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
These objects may look like birds, smell like birds and if one was handy with a shotgun may actually taste like birds. HOWEVER.. I use night vision frequently, and birds do not reflect much "IR" and are not a direct "IR" source. These are NOT birds.

I am unsure what these objects are but I can tell you that these objects have a very strong "IR" signature where as birds do not.

This will take a bit of pondering. This case cannot be closed so easily by taking the easy road declaring birds.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm going to debunk all the people that say its birds being seen through nightvision. Have you ever seen birds fly that fast against a backdrop of star clusters through the night sky? Theyre moving way too fast to be birds. Now for the people who think theyre fighter jets during night training excersices, that formation is erratic and MOST fighters fly in a V, not all next to eachother in a line like that, and fighters aren't allowed to fly that low in a civilian populated area unless theyre coming in to land at a nearby airbase. The only vehicles that fly that low are gunships and again, that formation is not a formation they use. My family members were all in some form of military, wether it was army, navy and air force and i lived right outside an air base and i have NEVER seen those formations from aircraft or choppers day or night, and i used to sit outside late at night and watch them during their night training.

Unfortunately theres no sound in that video, if there was and you couldnt hear anything by them flying by, then i'd say they were definately not human craft, because EVERY craft we got is damn noisy at those low elevations.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BioSafe
I use night vision frequently, and birds do not reflect much "IR" and are not a direct "IR" source. These are NOT birds.

I am unsure what these objects are but I can tell you that these objects have a very strong "IR" signature where as birds do not.

If you were familure at all with night vision equipment then you would know that it is sensitive to more than just the IR band. They are sensitive to the entire visible band but can also detect the NIR band thus the myth that they are sensitive to only "IR" light.

Besides, what makes you think that birds don't reflect IR light? I'm happy to prove to you otherwise.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I'm going to debunk all the people that say its birds being seen through nightvision. Have you ever seen birds fly that fast against a backdrop of star clusters through the night sky? Theyre moving way too fast to be birds.

Once again I have to ask, what speed have you determined that they are moving and what method did you use to determine their speed. Please post the math for us to review.

And to answer your question, yes, I have seen birds move this fast against a backdrop of stars, every time I see birds through my night scope. The reason it appears that their speed is so fast is because through a night scope, many more stars are visible in a smaller field of view so there is a perception that the birds are passing more stars over a shorter period of time than normal.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
My guess, 60-70 mph.

So first you claim that you can accurately determine the speed of the objects. When I point out that the speed you estimated is the speed ducks fly at you recalculate the speed to 10 times your original estimate.

After second thought, the objects are going as fast a cruising spped of typical jet I see on a daily basis, so 500-600 mph is as fast as I believe these objects to be going.

That is back-peddling on a psychotic level but at any rate, point in case, you cannot estimate the speed of the objects with the given footage.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

You keep saying you have similar videos so post one and put this thread to bed.

2nd.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterBurns

Please don't put words in my mouth.
What I actually did say is:

Originally posted by dainoyfb
I will try to get you some footage in the next couple nights.

And my success will be dependent on the cooperation of the weather, the birds, and my schedule.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
What I can provide presently is this video that I posted here on another thread some time ago. It is thermal footage that I shot at night of a jet. Coincidentally some ducks flew through the scene near the end. This is not night vision footage so unfortunately there is no field of stars in the background but the jet serves the same purpose and provides a perspective which makes the ducks appear to be moving at extraordinary speed.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterBurns

2nd.

It'a just painfully obvious he/she just wants to argue with people. I get a that vibe he's a "aliens are a no no, God is great" kinda guy.
edit on 6-8-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb

Originally posted by BioSafe
I use night vision frequently, and birds do not reflect much "IR" and are not a direct "IR" source. These are NOT birds.

If you were familure at all with night vision equipment then you would know that it is sensitive to more than just the IR band. They are sensitive to the entire visible band but can also detect the NIR band thus the myth that they are sensitive to only "IR" light.

Besides, what makes you think that birds don't reflect IR light? I'm happy to prove to you otherwise.

Not to get in a pissing match with you “dainoyfb” BUT
1. A standard night vision apparatus uses an intensifier tube that broadcasts electrons onto a phosphorus film and these tubes have their limitations and DO NOT pick up all the wave lengths of light in the visible light band. (Visible light generally is between 400nm and 750nm plus or minus a few Nanometers) . To test this statement, use an LED flash light using a very bright CREE diode. Even though you may be putting out 600 lumens, the night scope will NOT see it.
2. Now if you are using a camera or video camera that is capable of night vision then this is a completely different principle. Digital cameras use a CCD chip that captures photons. And yes you are correct this type of night vision picks up any and all available light.
3. I did not say birds do not reflect IR. I said birds do not reflect “much” IR. And they definitely are not a source of IR or any other wave length of light. As bright of a target displayed in the video these objects would have to be emitting their own light source no matter what wave length you want to debate OR are reflecting a large amount of radiation in the form of light.

The point I was attempting to convey is let’s not rule out other possibilities of what these objects are.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have to say this has been bugging me a bit as I feel it is just being written off rather quickly as birds or what have you.

I will be the first to admit I am not the greatest math person so someone else will have to try and figure that part out.

What I did do though was go back and watch it in a higher resolution which I didnt do the first many times I watched it. lol I just forgot I could do that. By doing that though, I noticed I could now see them cross the sky all the way to the end of the video. So, if anyone else hasn't done that perhaps they might catch something else about the video on full screen high res. that they didnt notice before.

I took a screen shot which I will put below. Now I have a couple questions. It is hard to see but I did leave the picture 8x10 so it is a little easier to notice so you may have to scroll it a bit. I noticed the stars get the movement trails which I assume happens because the camera is moving. These objects sometimes did and sometimes didnt depending on when I paused the video.

I also zoomed the same picture too 400 which really doesnt show much, except to me, they appear like round or spherical? They also seem to radiate a bit of light?

Even when watching in high res. and full screen, I didn't notice any flapping of wings.

Anyhow, here are the pictures, do they raise any questions? and btw, they are the same picture, it is just when I zoomed in it cut the one object out, before someone brings up the question of why are there only 5!

zoomed 400:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Well I have to say I am having second thoughts on what they are.

After looking looking at the 53 uploads of UFO vidoes from youtuber who filmed them and seeing that I have seen some of the exact same UFOs he has makes me wonder.

All of his videos have been uploaded within the last year. I saw almost all my UFOs in 2010. Have only seen a few (orbs) this year.

So basically ....the night vision videos are inconclusive until we see something a group of animals wouldn't do.

loucanola's youtube page

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

It'a just painfully obvious he/she just wants to argue with people. I get a that vibe he's a "aliens are a no no, God is great" kinda guy.

So you are resorting to debunking me? Well if there is a god, it and I don't get along. And I'm actually pro-UFO as evidenced by this thread where I encourage people to use technology to acquire footage of them and by my contribution to this thread where I argue up and down that the footage has no conventional explanation. Maybe you should at least read a persons profile page before trying to debunk them.

By the way, I'm still waiting for your scientific explanation for why your speed estimate went from an initial 60MPH to 600MPH.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This also could be relevant.

I asked the person who filmed the video what he thought about what he saw (via youtube) and this was his response.

@dplum517 Yes I'm the person that recorded this. At first, I thought birds. I have recorded so much footage of birds flying by,(with night vision generation 1 scope) but, whatever altitude you can always see wings flapping.Bird wings are larger than the bird torso. I have great footage of birds and bats, crossing a full moon,clouds, sky etc., but this is just weird. I have no idea of what I captured. It does seem to cross the sky fast though! I just don't know either!!

Really makes you think.
edit on 6-8-2011 by dplum517 because: typo

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

You are presuming to lecture someone about imaging technology (me) who in fact designs it on a regular basis. Well, I don't know where you get your information from or if you just make it up. Some people talk, some people do. I'm able easily disprove everything you just posted with a simple experiment... so I did.

The setup:
I've taken a light source and shone it through 2 pieces of angle stock (to form a slit) and then through a prism which projects the entire visible spectrum produced by the source onto a white background. For your benefit I've used a white LED source in order to minimize the possibility of NIR bleed through.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee1634e7ea44.jpg[/atsimg]
A darker view of the setup better shows the light path.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0358279bf2a9.jpg[/atsimg]

A close up shows the produced spectrum as well as can be captured by my digital camera. I've placed the tweezers in order to preserve the edges of the spectrum.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9332c7ec0d64.jpg[/atsimg]
As you can see the night scope is sensitive to, and able to display every portion of the spectrum produced by the visible light source.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/beee1992c2cf.jpg[/atsimg]
The night scope used for this demonstration is an ITT 160, image intensifier based, Generation 3 device.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a284fafbb21.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
24 hours and no response to my post. I guess no one wants to go toe to toe against real science on this one.

Something else that is disappointing is that everyone in the "it's not birds" group has avoided commenting on this video which Chadwickus posted earlier and clearly show that birds can reflect city lights, can appear to move fast, and can appear to have no wings:

Youtube-Birds with nightvision

edit on 8-8-2011 by dainoyfb because: I fixed the YouTube links.
extra DIV

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join