It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cluster of UFO's over Melbourne caught in Night Vision

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Yeh, I could go with that. They are agile, fast and I imagine they fly not always in formation and irratically.

Now, to debunk why they aren't bats?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

It's triangler in shape similar to whats being seen worldwide.....and I believe all of them are man-made.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Looks like a group of 6 fruit bats (or flying foxes); they
can fly pretty quickly and often look like they are rushing
to somewhere. Perhaps their flapping (leathery) wings don't
show up well on infrared.

If you saw this in daylight, you'd think nothing of it. The
'V' shape is just normal for birds.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thought I would chime in here.
I own night vision and thermal imaging equipment that I aim at the sky on a regular basis and I see exactly this all of the time. I will try to get you some footage in the next couple nights. It is birds, probably one of the many smaller spices of duck such a Pintails. Ducks travel in a relatively straight line and they flap their wings very quickly making the wings difficult to resolve from a distance on video. The speed of the objects can not be determined, anybody that does not know this should not be posting technical opinions on this thread. The birds only appear to be moving quickly because of the narrow field of view and the plethora of stars visible in the background by the night vision equipment. Anybody used to looking through night vision equipment will know this. Also, anybody with even a litlle experience looking through night vision equipment will recognize these as birds easily. In fact, once birds are spotted in a night scope like this they can usually be seen very easily by the naked eye with more detail.

If you care to narrow down what these objects could be, this technical ATS thread will help:
A Method for Eliminating or Qualifying Known Objects Using Background Stars and Other Objects

PS: The footage is not sped up. This is exactly what ducks look like through night vision equipment.
edit on 5-8-2011 by dainoyfb because: I added the post script.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm thinking seagulls as there's thousands of them flying around in the night sky around Port Phillip Bay of a night time. Anyone who lives near the water like I do sees this all the time. Could also be bats I guess but it's not great bat weather as there's not enough bugs flying around this time of year.

IRM

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Birds.

Drive along the Westgate Freeway, past the Bridge into the city and you see that kind of thing all of the time.

Birds dont fly that fast and fighter planes dont make erratic independent moment when they are that close to each-other. Look at how each light moves independently.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The blind mice and the elephant.

"It's a fan!"

Nope. You're only paying attention to one aspect, blind little mouse.

---

It's a "Looks Like" situation. Cannot necessarily be solved unless somebody contacted the person who originally uploaded the video.

But honestly, if we are going to call these birds - then I might as well call them alien space crafts.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
Birds dont fly that fast and fighter planes dont make erratic independent moment when they are that close to each-other. Look at how each light moves independently.

Exactly how fast are they moving and what method are you using to determine their speed?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
HAHAHA

thanks for a good laugh.. birds... wow hahahaha

radioactive birds?? cause they were glowing

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
HAHAHA

thanks for a good laugh.. birds... wow hahahaha

radioactive birds?? cause they were glowing

I wouldn't go as far as to say they were "glowing"

Seems like that's what the night vision on the camera does to objects in the sky.

I still think they are bats.

In my post on the second page I said that's what a group of Bats looks like where I live.

There are tons of species of Bats.....

Ones where I live are small and fly in small groups just like the one in the OPs video.

They are constantly changing formation (I assume it's cause they are blind but idk) when they fly.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Way too fast to be birds. And what birds migrate in the summer?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Ducks don't have to be migrating to fly in Vs.
Exactly how fast are they moving and what method are you using to determine their speed?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't understand why everyone thinks these objects are too fast for birds or bats or something like that.

I think someone said above..... "perception is a tricky thing"

It just "looks" like it's fast because of the narrow field of vision of the camera and the person filming is panning across the sky.

If the objects in the video are low to the ground then they would look like they are going fast against the back drop of the night sky and all the stars.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Bats fly in more of a curved (not a straight line) fashion. I have plenty of night time footage of bats that I will try and upload when I get home tonight for comparison.

Again, these look exactly like what ducks look like when I see them through my night vision and thermal imaging equipment.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
reply to post by BrnBdry

Ducks don't have to be migrating to fly in Vs.

Ok, so then say flying birds, not migrating birds.

And Im using my common gauge to sense the speed of the objects. And my common sense tells me, too fast to be birds. To fluid of motion too. They seem to glide as smooth as possible. My guess, 60-70 mph.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Ducks travel right in that range, Google it if you don't want to take my word for it.

Also, Peregrine falcons travel up to 325Kph.
Per egrine Falcon Wiki

Also you may want to replace some of your common sence with the scientifically proven fact that distance and speed information cannot be estimated with a monoscopic image if the size of the object and background objects are not known.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I watched the video a couple of times. I don't feel as if the video is sped up, it would make the part where we see the building come into view as he pans across faster as well and it does not do that but the objects are still going very fast.

To those posters saying we don't have enough info to estimate the speed of said objects, I think we need at least three points of reference to come up with some kind of estimate. The average height of a person standing on the ground is one, the 27 seconds from 1 o'clock to the horizon and approx. height of objects.

If its birds flying at an average height they seem to be going too fast. Muzzleflash is using some kind of calculation that seems logical enough. It is estimated, not factual though.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Just a couple of thoughts that I don't think have been mentioned, and I will say, all good ideas so far!

With NV, you can either have magnification or not. Since distance to the objects is a point of conversation, could the video be magnified at all? 2x? 4x? 10x? Or, is it the natural perspective of the person filming with no magnification. I was just wondering if that might affect the distance discussion at all.

Really cool video though, real or not. For some reason, after watching it, I felt like whatever it was, it flew like the crafts in Independence Day:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
reply to post by icepack

Way too fast to be birds. And what birds migrate in the summer?

Southern Hemisphere. It isn't summer in Melbourne, it's winter, or toward the end of the winter anyways.

Source (if needed):
www.auinfo.com...
edit on 8/5/2011 by ChachiArcola because: Add Source

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Deffinetly has not been sped up. And my visual perceptivness score in an I.Q. test was 98% and spatial orientation 99%

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join