It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cluster of UFO's over Melbourne caught in Night Vision

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Object size - Unknown
Height- Unknown
Total distance from camera - Unknown

There for speed of object IS impossible to determine.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Speed=Distance/Time can be used to figure out speed of an object, but I am not sure if this video can help us..

Anybody know the formula to calculate speed against a stationary object? i.e. the building/steeple these objects flew behind?

I googled it and I am getting too many other options...

1. We have objects flying in a group.
2. We have a stationary object.
3. We have the video timer.

Mix/calculate all that up, I am sure we can come to an estimate/actual speed.?

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Well, they'd have to be flying light bugs....because birds flying that speed low to the ground look a lot bigger through night vision and you would DEFINITELY see wing flapping. At least once.

These objects are either bugs or high speed craft, highly agile too...because this looks like a video that hasn't been sped up. I will continue re-watching to ensure this fact.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm from Melbourne, if I seen something like that I would say WTF too, ain't no birds around here that travel that quick.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by muzzleflash

Fair points.

It is possible the video is sped up, no way of knowing for sure unless we have the raw video.

The uploader seems to see a lot of UFO's in night vision over Melbourne too, he's a lucky guy.

If you use the brickwork as reference to speed of footage. I doubt it was sped up. I have never seen glowing birds in Melbourne either. Which leaves me to my only problem with it, which is that it could be CGI. Any actual professional debunkers out there?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

I've been thinking about getting Night vision goggles myself, along with a kickass telescope, because one of the UFO vids I watched said that using Night Vision goggles was the key.

Now, I REALLY AM going to get some.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Object size - Unknown
Height- Unknown
Total distance from camera - Unknown

There for speed of object IS impossible to determine.

True.

But we can make estimates based on various potentials. Like we can estimate it is the size of an average bird, for the purposes of calculations.

Plug in 20m altitude.
100m.
250m.
Etc.

Also another interesting fact, the distance from the horizon at 2m altitude (average standing height of people) is roughly 3.1 miles/ 5 km (generally speaking).
Distance to Horizon in Km = 3.856 (square root of H in meters)

So since it's pretty obvious the guy was on the ground, than the distance traveled by the unknowns was between 5-6 km roughly. General estimate that varies by potential altitude, but the deviation isn't too much in terms of distance traveled.

So we are talking about 5km in 27seconds. That's 10km per minute.
Or 600km per hour.

See where the problem arrives?

This is all just estimates I am tossing out, and I would call it fair to give myself a + or - 50% margin of error on these calculations due to differences in variables.

-50% error of 600km is 300km. Still faster than any birds I know of.

If anyone wants to correct my shabby estimate based math go for it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I have never seen glowing birds in Melbourne either

I think they glow in night vision because the birds are reflecting back light from light pollution over cities etc.

I have got N/V and they clearly show stars that are not visible to the naked eye.

As for the vid, I think they are Birds/Bats/Bugs.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Birds show up quite well in night vision.

Even high flying migratory birds like in the above video.

edit on 5/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx2112
Speed=Distance/Time can be used to figure out speed of an object, but I am not sure if this video can help us..

Distance is easy to determine since we know the general calculations for distance from standing point to horizon.

Time is known because it was around 27 seconds.

This gives us a speed that doesn't really make sense in context of birds, but would make a lot more sense in context of jets flying in formation.

So that is why I said the video must be sped up. Like Chad said, we need the raw footage I suppose, I am not a video expert so I do not know the specifics on how to do that.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I am thinking it must be something like jets.

Someone mentioned they actually do nighttime patrols and such in that region.

Jets would be moving roughly 500km per hour. And in formation.

So I would keep it as a possibility on the table to consider.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

And the aeronautical maneuver seen then?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

And the aeronautical maneuver seen then?

I've never seen any formation of aircraft flying so sloppy, to be honest.
I guess you could call it a suicidal maneuver.

So you got me there. The formation appears too tight and there is too much movement between the objects in a bizarre manner.

I don't know what to make of that aspect honestly, it flags as 'unknown but familiar' in my brain.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It is an interesting video. By no means is it conclusive that these are birds. The only thing that makes me a little suspicious is that this guy seems to capture an awful lot of videos of UFOs.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Too fast for birds too erratic for planes, nice find...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I can only speak for myself, but I certainly give you a lot of credit for at least trying to break this down as far as speed etc.. Birds I might go for considering the other videos, but these seem to be moving faster, which I guess would mean they are closer, which if I have this correct, means we should probably see wing flap movement yes?

Im pretty sure we can rule out planes because of the erratic repositioning. Besides, wouldn't there have been some form of blinky type light from them if they were planes?

Bugs? Sorry, but I kind of have to laugh at that one.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I have never seen bugs fly in a formation in the sky like that (only 6 of them?).

The only formations I have seen of bugs are "swarms" consisting of thousands. Also they were at lower altitudes.

And yes, all aircraft have blinking lights that are visible from the ground, and I did not see any blinking lights in the video.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Its not an OWL
good catch

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Where I live that's what a group of Bats looks like. So ..if it's night time....it's possible they are Bats.

They move pretty fast and are always changing formation.

The video just "looks" fast because he has to pan across the sky to follow whatever they are.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Or they are just unknowun flying objects or crafts doing their nightly bussiness of Earth protection. But you can be right. thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join