It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cluster of UFO's over Melbourne caught in Night Vision

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hey folks,
I just ran across this video this morning, thought it deserved a little look over. The good news is that is it a short clip and no annoying music
Seems it was taken with a night vision camera. Obviously as you will see there are multiple something. I say something because I suppose it could be birds, but if they are they must be super birds as they are moving extremely fast.I doubt they are satellites because of the cluster formation which you will see changes as well.

So ATS'ers, what do you think about this one?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Birds.

Drive along the Westgate Freeway, past the Bridge into the city and you see that kind of thing all of the time.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
If that isn't Nibiru I don't know what is....

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Might be just a nightly patrol of the airforce fighters, these are rarely advertised to the public.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
migrating birds ?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Sure it looks like birds if you don't consider the speed they are moving at.

And I watched it a few times and don't really see the obvious wing flapping that should be visible from the underneath viewing angle.

I would have to say this is unexplained until we can resolve this speed issue.

If by chance the video speed was sped up, than perhaps they could be birds in fast motion. But I didn't see any automatic indicators of the video being sped up. Maybe someone with a better eye can review it closer and determine these aspects more clearly.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I dont know, they seem to be moving pretty fast for birds imho. If they are fighter jets, wouldnt they hold a position and not be so erratic? Seems to me that would be some awful dangerous flying. Granted birds might fly like that, but still, to go from the 1:00 position too the horizon in 27 seconds?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thank you, you beat me to it. I watched it quite a few times before posting it as well. It is the speed and how the patterns of flight change so quickly that has me stumped on ruling out the usual obvious conclusions.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Totally birds...
& not very far away...
Nice try...
Keep lookin' bro...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
looks cool, and I believe it's birds. There are no wings flapping because they are maybe catching a ride on a thermal, or just gliding. I couldn't really tell, there's to reference for speed to tell how fast or slow they're going, but I was looking for signs of possibly them being aircraft, but notice towards the end, they get too close to each other, like birds sometimes do when in flocks when they hid an air-speed bump, or whatever physiological reason causes their body to move out of position. If they were intelligent craft, or intelligently manned/e.t.-ed craft, they wouldn't make such obvious errors in flight pattern formation, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Yes it does not match any flight formations that I have ever seen employed in real life. It seems exceptionally dangerous.

Also the speed is rather curious, however the problem is we do not know the altitude of the objects.

If we knew the altitude we could figure out the speed of the objects through basic calculations.

If it were birds, they would be flying relatively low, probably around 100-150m altitude. However to accommodate the speed shown in the video, they would have to be very very low, like say 20m. But all we see is these little dots, not actual defined bird shapes.

My point is, it seems to me that the birds would have to be at a high altitude due to their small dot-like shape. However due to their speed, I have to conclude they were extremely low.

This does not add up or correlate very well.

So I have no choice but to say this is unexplained to my satisfaction. We will need some creative thinking here and investigation to really peel open the layers of this onion.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
OK if it's birds, explain to me what type of bird is as small as a dot when it is only 20m in the air? Hummingbirds?

Do hummingbirds fly in formation over Melbourne this time of year? Maybe they do...

But if they don't, forgive me for looking down upon such poorly thought out explanations without any corresponding elaboration on the various confusing or questionable aspects of the video.

If someone wants to explain the issues, go ahead I am all ears. Maybe we should start by speculating what altitude these "birds" were at?

Then let's plug in the number into our calculation and determine it's speed. That's all I ask. Let's apply some math and investigation skills before we just blow this one off as birds like all of the others.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Similar video from 2009.

It's entitled birds, but then the OP goes on to claim no way.

from 2009 to 2011 and no one's seen these in anything other than night vision?

For me the perspective is unknown. I've seen birds fly that fast during the day and in a loose formation.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

See, that's birds flying.

You can see the wings flapping.

They move real slow.

The OP video is something else (unidentified), or it was sped up to make it appear as if they were moving super fast (hoaxed).

If it is not hoaxed in any way at all, I am afraid you guys will just have to educate me about this super-small bird which flies at 200knots. I didn't know they existed.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by klenker

It's entitled birds, but then the OP goes on to claim no way.

You are out of context.

It clearly says "Could be birds, but very fast?"

Does that mean "Oh it's birds"? No?

Than why take it out of context?

Can you even address the speed issue? The video you posted appears to move much slower than the OP video, use the stars in the background as reference. Also in your video I think I can see the wings flapping as well. But in the OP video I am failing to make out any wings.

Perhaps someone can blow it up for us to see closer?
Or maybe a video expert can determine if the OP video was sped up (hoaxed)?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Sounds like you're already speculating, how have you determined the altitude of 20m?

And the speed?

I hear the argument that an object can't be a bird because it moves too fast all the time but never how one has come to that conclusion.

Without knowing size and distance from the viewer, we can't speculate on speed.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Sounds like you're already speculating, how have you determined the altitude of 20m?

And the speed?

I hear the argument that an object can't be a bird because it moves too fast all the time but never how one has come to that conclusion.

Without knowing size and distance from the viewer, we can't speculate on speed.

We do know the size, birds never reach the size of bears, they are smaller.

We do know the General altitude, birds never fly 60,000m do they? They stay way lower than that.

My suggestion of 20m altitude is necessary to fill the gap of the speed issue (unless the video is being hoaxed and sped up to make it look faster than it should).

If they were at 200m altitude they would be flying at over 350knots, you know trigonometry you can do the calculations yourself. They went from 1 o'clock to the horizon in 27 seconds or so.

If the birds were merely 20m altitude, that would make perfect sense. But at that low of an altitude, I expect to see wings flapping. (This is where the problem comes in)

And yes speculation has to happen when all you have is a few dots moving across a black screen with other dots and a piece of a building sticking out for a second. I would be brain dead to look at dots on my screen without at least coming up with some sort of ideas to justify such a ludicrous endevour.

If you can determine if the video is sped up artificially that would be a big help and we could label this hoax and it would be over.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
One O'clock to the (9 o'clock) Horizon is 120degrees.

Cover this distance within 27 seconds. (One second per 5 degrees)

Pick whatever you want for Altitude, plug it in, see what speeds you calculate.

That's why I said it's either unexplained or it's hoaxed (video is sped up).
edit on 5-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Fair points.

It is possible the video is sped up, no way of knowing for sure unless we have the raw video.

The uploader seems to see a lot of UFO's in night vision over Melbourne too, he's a lucky guy.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm not very versed in night vision specifics so please exuse my ignorance but can someone explain why (if they are birds) they return a light signal? Wouldn't they be more like a prevelant shadow or something?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join