It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Man stands up to police that have his little kid.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Props to the guy. Knows the law and just lets these sheriffs have it. They look absolutely dumbfounded and don't know what to do. "Wheres your delegation of authority order from congress certifiable in a writing on the public record?"

www.worldstarhiphop.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Already been posted, please use search.

Jamie.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I did must have used wrong criteria sorry my mistake

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
What an annoying situation for the cops. They can't use their charisma and authority cos the guy is verbal like a rapper and keeps referring to all kinds of rights. Well, I guess he's doing the right thing, kinda.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
haha, i love him!!

im pretty sure most people would have been arrested and given a slap tho..

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90
I did must have used wrong criteria sorry my mistake

Don't worry about it!

Jamie.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Sounds to me like he doesn't know what he's talking about. Especially his "understanding" of color of law. My opinion is that he's insane and has heard a few legal buzzwords and didn't even take the time to learn their definitions.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Looks like just a regular pothead to me, who's verbal and acting real clever. Instead of that what's amazing is the cops, they should tell the man to silence up, instead they go in panic like little girls who only went to police department to develop their low self-confidence. They took his son anyway, so it's a crime family, says enough.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what people think.

What matters is the guy stood his ground, called them out, they backed off big time.

He totally owned them that time. It was awesome.

It was his assertiveness about "the law" and making accusations against them of high crimes which they didn't know what to do so they backed out asap.

That guy let them know, he was willing to fight it out to the end, LEGALLY.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86
Instead of that what's amazing is the cops, they should tell the man to silence up, instead they go in panic like little girls who only went to police department to develop their low self-confidence.

I agree that is actually what mystified me the most, not what the man is telling them, but that they stand there and take it. Wounder why?
edit on 5-8-2011 by BriGuyTM90 because: spelling

edit on 5-8-2011 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Looks like just a regular pothead to me, who's verbal and acting real clever. Instead of that what's amazing is the cops, they should tell the man to silence up, instead they go in panic like little girls who only went to police department to develop their low self-confidence. They took his son anyway, so it's a crime family, says enough.

You must think police should be just like the Schutzstaffel, where they have authority to do anything they want, detain anyone they want, for whatever reason or non-reason they want.

Well tough luck. This is America. Here we have something called Constitutional Protections of our Civil Liberties. That means every citizen has inalienable rights that cannot be legally trampled without due process through a court of law with a jury of their peers.

If you want to live in a totalitarian state where the police rule with an iron fist, go to China.

But if you are willing to accept Liberty at the risk of your security, than you are welcome to stay in this great land.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
That was a very awkward situation. Why were they all standing around the whole time just looking at the ground instead of giving the child back and telling him to get lost? And he's lucky he didn't get taken down when he walked right through the middle of them.

Good for him for speaking his mind, but I think it was a situation where he couldn't dazzle them with brilliance, so he baffled them with B.S.

On a side note: not to be mean, but they didn't look like the brightest crayons in the box, so baffling them was probably no mean feat. Very weird...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Instead of that what's amazing is the cops, they should tell the man to silence up, instead they go in panic like little girls who only went to police department to develop their low self-confidence.

I agree that is actually what mystified me the most, not what the man is telling them, but that they stand there and take it. Wounder why?
edit on 5-8-2011 by BriGuyTM90 because: spelling

Because we have the Freedom of Speech. Come on yall, this is basic American History 101.

First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

That means BY LAW, the police nor anyone can stop you from exercising your free speech as long as it does not infringe on the liberties of others. The police cannot legally do anything about it, they could lose their jobs because we will hold their feet to the fire.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Because we have the Freedom of Speech. Come on yall, this is basic American History 101.

I understand this, but this hasn't stopped authority figures from detaining citizens for "mouthing off"

www.courthousenews.com...

He mistook his speech impediment for disrespect

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I understand this, but this hasn't stopped authority figures from detaining citizens for "mouthing off"

www.courthousenews.com...

He mistook his speech impediment for disrespect

Detaining someone for 'mouthing off' is considered a vengeful act, seeking retribution over a personal issue without allowing for due process or formal charges or anything.

This is treasonous and against everything the Constitution stands for.

Just because they can get away with breaking the law doesn't mean that's how it is. It just means we need to rise up against them even stronger and with more tenacity than they are ready for.

We can hold their feet to the fire, all we have to do is try.

Justice will return to this land inevitably, I just hope I live long enough to see the day.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
That little boy was young. What could of he possibly have done to warrant around 5 officers on the scene? I can see where the father was angry.

What he do steal bubble gum?

5 Officers??
edit on 5-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

It doesn't matter what people think.

What matters is the guy stood his ground, called them out, they backed off big time.

He totally owned them that time. It was awesome.

It was his assertiveness about "the law" and making accusations against them of high crimes which they didn't know what to do so they backed out asap.

That guy let them know, he was willing to fight it out to the end, LEGALLY.

Of course any pro who has abducted a child might behave the same way and throw out the same threats and buzz words.

It is essential to stick up for ones rights and never be bullied by a cop in fact we should all have a legal brusher course and learn the extent of our rights and responsibilities in every dealing with the gestapo cops we see lately. But in this, as in every case involving a child, I think the physical safety and well being of the child, should be paramount and first concern, and trump even the personal freedom and rights of the presumed parental unit or custodian at the scene.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
I think the physical safety and well being of the child, should be paramount and first concern, and trump even the personal freedom and rights of the presumed parental unit or custodian at the scene.

Are you trying to say "Be real nice to them or they will probably harm your kid to punish you for standing up for yourself" in a nice way?

Because that's what it sounds like and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did stuff like that.

I have seen them do some really illegal things in my own life first hand. It's totally possible for a cop to torture a kid for fun right in front of their 'patriot' parent. That is actually what happened all throughout history all over the globe. That exact type of thing.

That is exactly why we created the Constitution in the first place, to stand as legal means of protecting the rights of citizens. However look at where we are now? On the verge of being right back where we started, in Tyranny.
Fearing for our kids safety because the government is outta control!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Are you trying to say "Be real nice to them or they will probably harm your kid to punish you for standing up for yourself" in a nice way?

I don't think I can clarify more.
I even read it again and pretty much meant what I said.

They harm peoples kids you say? Throughout history? Hmmm?
Then those "cops" probably were men dressed up to look like cops
and the parents involved weren't worth a damn.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by muzzleflash

I don't think I can clarify more.
I even read it again and pretty much meant what I said.

They harm peoples kids you say? Throughout history? Hmmm?
Then those "cops" probably were men dressed up to look like cops
and the parents involved weren't worth a damn.

Well what do you think happened during the Medieval period or even further back before that, when nations would conquer other nations? Did you know that when the Mongolian Golden Horde came through an area, they would generally kill every man, woman, and child? They had genocidal tenancies, just like 90% of the other factions you can find out about in the history books.

Think about back in the USSR when the purges were going on, or in the People's Republic of China. Hell I am sure I don't even have to mention the Nazis. And those were just in our last century !

We just have to do everything we can in our power to make sure it never reaches that level here in America. It could easily reach that point, if we let it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join