It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Idead What Sybol This Is?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Does anyone know what sybol this is and its meaning :

I cant get it to display directly for some unknow reasin but here is a link:

imageshack.us...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluedevil678

It looks like it contains a metatrons cube within itself which is connected to the flower of life.

Metatron's Cube

As for the cross symbol with the serpent at the front of the symbol, I have no idea.

Where did you come across this?

edit on 5-8-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I did a reverse image search on Google, it looks like it's related to some anime called Fullmetal Alchemist...I Don't pay attention to anime...I'm not sure if it comes from something else originally though.

EDIT: Tried posting the link to my search, didn't work right for some reason. If you go to the image, then right click and copy image location, then go to Google Images, there should be a camera symbol, click the symbol and press ctrl+v then hit enter
edit on 8/5/2011 by Josonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

Sounds like it is most likely something that means nothing at all.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think it's the symbol from the anime full metal alchemist.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandrake

I think it might possibly be the "Sybol" for full metal alchemist.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
i don't know what it is, but i do know its going to be my next tattoo!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It's a fake symbol for the Anime/Manga/Game of Fullmetal Alchemist. It's nothing to worry or be concerned over.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

79 results in from TinEye. Most appear to be avatars or connected to online games.
Interesting combination of symbols... anyone know the writing within.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
That represents the 13th Zodiac (ophichius, alpha -omega) crucified on the cross.It also appears to have a time setting on a zodiac wheel.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Nah it's a transmutation circle created by a fan of the Hagane manga fiction, Full Metal Alchemist.

Link to artwork

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by mandrake

I think it might possibly be the "Sybol" for full metal alchemist.

Hey stop making fun of the OP! you have no idead what kind of pressure he was under when he wrote the thread title...

and yes it's from the full metal alchemist animes and mangas... I admit I've seen most of the episodes...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by klenker

Hhhmm albeit an interesting collective effort and similar to Flamel's alchemy symbols from his tomb. Heavily weighed into occult including Ophichius/ Orion/ Tiki/ Bes character, the inferior conjunction of Venus traced as a five pointed star and the Ouroboros.
Would make a great T shirt too

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV
reply to post by klenker

Hhhmm albeit an interesting collective effort and similar to Flamel's alchemy symbols from his tomb. Heavily weighed into occult including Ophichius/ Orion/ Tiki/ Bes character, the inferior conjunction of Venus traced as a five pointed star and the Ouroboros.
Would make a great T shirt too

Oo Wait, let me get ye olde book of knowledge... *scratches head*

Ok, I knew it was based on occultism etc, but am not aware of the references to these things. Thanks for the info!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Read the damn description dude...
Come on now...
Quit wasting space here...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Its a few symbols overlapped.

The first is an enneagram, overlaid by a square and then a pentagram.

I dont know the name of the cross with the question mark but I remember an explanation from long ago that its an anti christian symbol that basically asks the question "where is Jesus". ie. questioning the existence of Jesus.

As for it being from full metal jacket I have no idea.

If you want to know the meaning of the individual symbols do some research, the enneagram is very interesting. It has some heavy occult meaning, something along the lines of that it contains all the knowledge and that those who know the true meaning can be very powerfull, Gurdjieff wrote alot about it. It is also used for personality testing but I dont know much about it.

The pentagram as far as I know comes from Pythagoras, his secret society used it as a calling card to disguise their scientific pursuits which in those days could land you in alot of hot water. It comes from the Planetary movements of Venus I think ( not sure) there was an interesting thread about it on ATS a while ago, that had to do with Lucifer being the planet venus ie lightbringer, etc.

All very interesting if you do find the occult interesting.

But do try and check out Gurdjieff ( not sure about the spelling ). He has a book called Beelzebubs tales to his grandson, which I have tried unsuccesfully to read.

Hope this helps.

Also there is a circle, and the snake on the staff could be the caduceus (commonly used as a medical symbol), and lots of other smaller symbols, not gonna elaborate on all of them as I dont want to do your research for you, simply because you might learn some interesting things researching them yourself.
edit on 5-8-2011 by demoncleaner because: Just to elaborate.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It is a symbol for the plot of the evil McDonalds corporation.

If you look a the left side of the cross you can see them McDonalds "M" symbol. On the right side of the cross the Omega symbol.

So it since it is on the cross a symbol for Jesus & he being alpha & omega, McDonald's may use it as they are all beginning & end or McDonalds forever.

What a scarey & disgusting thought.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
But the Latin Words are still bad, black and scary

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by klenker
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Nah it's a transmutation circle created by a fan of the Hagane manga fiction, Full Metal Alchemist.

Link to artwork

Yes, that has already been established before I posted.That is the source or origin not what it represents.This symbolism is also hidden in the dollar symbols of the American and Australian dollar ( polar opposites).One being single (Christ,Ophichius),one being double (Hermes)( polar opposites).Similar to medical symbols around the globe.M being the Alpha symbol,also being the 13th letter of the Alpha- bet.The 13th letter also being the symbol of Virgo (Virgin mother) and Scorpio (transmutation,1 of three aspects of Christ,Ophichius).
edit on 5-8-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Snake on a cross could be a symbol for purification. In alchemy, the symbol meant purification of the element mercury. If you want to over-analyze it, you could say it's Christianity crucifying the snake (snake being a symbol of wisdom)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join