It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLACK FRIDAY? - 05 Aug 2011

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Also, in the US, thieves are taking everything they can get their hands on from railroad tracks, to copper electrical wires to man hole covers to sell for scrap metal. All of the scrap will probably go to China to further their military/industrial machine as the US is taken apart by the lawlessness as police forces are rather inept. The Obama regime is on a path to destroying the United States in a combination of decrees, liberal laws that weaken the fabric of society, drug imports to the US by the ton, running guns to Mexico drug lords, pushing for riots in the Middle East which drive up energy worries, pushing for ethnic tension in the US, living like a drug lord on expensive vacations and looting American wealth by the billions of dollars in mysterious bailout and "stimulus" schemes.

It is obvious that the Obama Administration is driving the US and the World toward internal conflict and misery and uses his extensive ties with a Communist Press Corps to cover up the sad reality that people are awakening to.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Let it burn.

They get what was coming to them.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
A total crash means you're going to be clawing someone's eyes out over the last can of dog food. Where's the world peace there?

Really? I had no idea the "market" caused food to grow, and generated electricity, etc. I'm not remembering the last time a corporate CEO brought food to my table. The "little" people do all that. Humans survived for a long time without stock markets, pretty sure we could all come together, and make things work. We can work together to plan a new, more fair system, and cage for life all the elitist crooks that created this feudal gambling system in which they can NEVER lose by buying our corrupt politicians. Cans of dog food is exactly what we should feed them.
edit on 5-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by whathasitcome2

Instead of making this about race...how bout making this about the world's stock markets??

On topic.
I have been watching the tsx and I had a little hope for when it opened this morning.
I was wrong.
I knew the DOW was going to start tanking almost right away.

EXACTLY MY POINT! It is all tied together but no one wants to recognize the planned assault on every aspect of our strength. This is not just a happen chance market meltdown. It is not just a happen stance racial divide. It is a planned attack from within and without. It IS about race. It is about Economic attack. It is about planned divisions and planned meltdowns.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

As if those "elitists" aren't hoping for a crash either.

Seriously, think about it for a second.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
2% of all of the global society is awake to the bad dream. When the other 98% wakes up it will be too late to save most of them. So remain asleep while I play soothing music from American Idol... cause buddy, when you screw your head on straight, you are not going to like what you waked up to.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
There is an incredibly simple recipe why the elite (2%) of the world's population owns the remaining 98%. It comes from buying low and selling high. In order to buy low, you have to have a low. In order to sell high you have to have a high. Next step. Repeat the cycle. There will always be a first in and first out. Whether it be gold. Stocks. Colonial wars. Whatever.

If the system isn't working the elite have a very simple recipe for that as well. It is to crash it. In the mean time people die. Average people's wealth is erased. Etc. etc. 98% of even the readers on this board are too stupid to figure it out. They are the ones that die, their wealth erased, the one's that can't figure out the racial tension, the one's that rely on the government to tell them the answers as if the controlled government was really going to do that.

It is almost laughable.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by whathasitcome2
There is an incredibly simple recipe why the elite (2%) of the world's population owns the remaining 98%. It comes from buying low and selling high. In order to buy low, you have to have a low. In order to sell high you have to have a high. Next step. Repeat the cycle. There will always be a first in and first out. Whether it be gold. Stocks. Colonial wars. Whatever.

If the system isn't working the elite have a very simple recipe for that as well. It is to crash it. In the mean time people die. Average people's wealth is erased. Etc. etc. 98% of even the readers on this board are too stupid to figure it out. They are the ones that die, their wealth erased, the one's that can't figure out the racial tension, the one's that rely on the government to tell them the answers as if the controlled government was really going to do that.

It is almost laughable.

There it is, in a nutshell.

They make the rules, have the money to influence what happens which eventually arrives at their ability to make more money to further influence the rules.

In so doing, the 2 percent group gradually shrinks through their own doing until the wealth is save and secure among a very relative few and the rest languish until they reach a point where they lash out and 'redistribute' the wealth.

Lather . . . rince . . . repeat.

Welcome to the cycle of life folks.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whathasitcome2

Yep, definitely evacuating to a farm of the family in the interim.

See you on the flip side?

edit on 5/8/11 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/8/11 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I don't think you have a handle on how economics work.

Let me simplify.

Because of a market crash and an ensuing economic crash, orders for products seizes.

No orders means no manufacturing. Jobs lost.

No manufacturing means suppliers don't sell. Jobs lost.

No manufacturing and no suppliers means no secondary industries. Jobs lost.

There's a lot of things involved getting bananas to your kitchen. You need to realize that.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
AIG and some of the big banks are having some pretty deep declines

www.marketwatch.com...

AIG....-8.14%
Citi....-7.53%
Bank of America....-8.10%

I think almost all of Europe has now closed. Some harsh losses there again.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a4ea0e4d7b4.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's the latest from US stocks. Again, horrible.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01e54bed81eb.jpg[/atsimg]

I think the farthest the dow has went was around 245 points.....geez

From what I see on the CNBC stocks channel on my tv, there's an increase in recession talk. They seem to be straying away of fully saying were going into a recession, but its quite possible
edit on 5-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm patiently waiting for this sell off to start... then I'll start investing and set myself up for retirement. Its a pretty simple game guys. There are emotional investors, and smart investors... emotional ones buy high, and sell low... then smart investors... ones who walk in and buy everything after the prices bottom out and just hang onto everything and bank on the value held. You really don't have to sell a thing... ever. It's like Real Estate... you borrow against the value of the capital. Pretty simple way to make money from money.

Borrow, reinvest, borrow, reinvest. The money is coming out of thin air anyways, the interest is paid by them, you just get to have a bunch of money to play with along the way.

Sounds fun eh?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
There's a lot of things involved getting bananas to your kitchen. You need to realize that.

I do realize that. And the system they've created, that you described, is flawed and unstable. As we are seeing now. The slightest threat to the top 2%'s wealth, equates to doomsday for us little people. I realize, if it crashes there will be hiccups, that's why people should have food and water on hand to get them through a month or two, and god forbid get closer to the people in their community. But, human beings are in it to survive, and again, I ask you...does the market make bananas grow? Does the market make rain fall? The sun shine? NO. Those are things we need to survive, and the fat pigs that have tanked this country, have no bearing on that. You can keep trying to scare us into thinking we need them, but we don't. EVERYTHING is done by the little people, the working class. Once we're sick enough of this unfair scam of a system, we'll make things work, WITHOUT the few number savvy scammers that have taken everything we all work for.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Bank of New York Mellon announced it's adding .13% fee on all cash deposits of $50million dollars or higher.

($65,000USD for a cash deposit)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NEW YORK (AP) — Bank of New York Mellon Corp. said Thursday that it will charge its customers a fee to hold cash deposits over $50 million. The bank said it has seen such a large increase in deposits over the last month that it will charge a 0.13 percent fee to clients with "extraordinary high deposit levels." Bank of New York Mellon, which has $23.6 trillion in client assets under its custody, said customers have moved money to cash as a safe haven in the past month as investments like stocks and bonds have become increasingly volatile. The bank's customers are mainly large pension funds and money market funds. The bank collects dividends on stocks and holds cash deposits, among other things, on behalf of such large investment funds. "This is a historic precedent in the U.S. banking system," said Dan Geller, Executive Vice President at Market Rates Insight, a firm that analyses bank pricing.

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

May I please have the link to the site that you are posting screenshots from??
I clicked on your link and it brought me to the wallstreet journal site that didn't have those buttons I see in your screenshot
I see that there are buttons to see Europe,North America etc.

Edit nevermind...i just had to look around to find it....disregard my post.

edit on 5-8-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by N34Li3Z
Bank of New York Mellon announced it's adding .13% fee on all cash deposits of $50million dollars or higher.

($65,000USD for a cash deposit)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NEW YORK (AP) — Bank of New York Mellon Corp. said Thursday that it will charge its customers a fee to hold cash deposits over $50 million. The bank said it has seen such a large increase in deposits over the last month that it will charge a 0.13 percent fee to clients with "extraordinary high deposit levels." Bank of New York Mellon, which has $23.6 trillion in client assets under its custody, said customers have moved money to cash as a safe haven in the past month as investments like stocks and bonds have become increasingly volatile. The bank's customers are mainly large pension funds and money market funds. The bank collects dividends on stocks and holds cash deposits, among other things, on behalf of such large investment funds. "This is a historic precedent in the U.S. banking system," said Dan Geller, Executive Vice President at Market Rates Insight, a firm that analyses bank pricing.

www.google.com...

Believe it or not, I appear to be absolutely safe from this added 'surcharge'.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Market watch.com

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Well, that would put the OP in good company, considering the financial knowledge of those running this " Dog and Pony Show "!!!!!...

OH, the financial knowledge of those running the show is excellent and has been for centuries. What is in "Question" is their "Loyalty" and that loyalty is not to the likes of us!

"The fact that a central bank fails to raise its bank rate in accordance with the actual situation of the capital market very much increases the strength of the cyclical movement of trade..... With a bank rate regulated on these lines the conditions for the development of trade cycles would be radically altered...

This is the most authoritative premise yet made relating that our business depressions are artificially precipitated.

The occurrence of the Panic of 1907, the Agricultural Depression of 1920, and the Great Depression of 1929, all three in good crop years and in periods of national prosperity, suggests that premise is not guesswork. Lord Maynard Keynes pointed out that most theories of the business cycle failed to relate their analysis adequately to the money mechanism. Any survey or study of a depression which failed to list such factors as gold movements and pressures on foreign exchange would be worthless, yet American economists have always dodged this issue.

The Great Depression
...Thus Warburg remained the dominant presence at Federal Reserve Board meetings throughout the 1920s, when the European central banks were planning the great contraction of credit which precipitated the Crash of 1929 and the Great Depression....

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s charts show that its use of acceptances reached a peak in November, 1929, the month of the stock market crash, and declined sharply thereafter. The acceptance people by then had gotten what they wanted, which was control of American business and industry....

The Agricultural Depression
A large part of the stock market speculation in 1919, at the end of the War when the market was very unsettled, was financed with funds borrowed from Federal Reserve Banks with Government securities as collateral. Thus the Federal Reserve System set up the [Ag]Depression, first by causing inflation, and then raising the discount rate and making money dear....
www.apfn.org...

I can not find the exact reference but before Black Friday in 1929 a bug was put in the ear of certain people who took their moneys out of the stock market prior to Black Friday and then bought up companies for pennies on the dollar.

If you control the money supply and interest rate there are all sorts of games that can be played and they are.

Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the Fed, the man who DOUBLED the money supply in a few short months even admits it!

...Milton Friedman and Anna Jacobson Schwartz showed convincingly that the Federal Reserve’s monetary policies were largely to blame for the severity of the Great Depression.

In 2002 Ben Bernanke (then a Federal Reserve governor, today the chairman of the Board of Governors) made this startling admission in a speech given in honor of Friedman’s 90th birthday:

“I would like to say to Milton and Anna: Regarding the Great Depression, you’re right. We did it. We’re very sorry.”

www.thefreemanonline.org...

He seems to think an apology will deflect us from seeing what the Central Banks are up to again.

All the "Money" the banks are "writing down" with crocodile tears in their eye, they created out of nothing in the first place! They just want an excuse to raid the collective coffers of the tax payers again.

Think of the Gross Domestic product (our goods and services) as a huge pie. Money is how we slice up that pie. If we double the amount of money we do not double the GDP we halve the value of each dollar because there are twice as many representing the same amount of pie.

There are lots of accounting tricks and other manipulation going on to keep the inflation under control in the USA. Having the USD as reserve currency is the biggy but that may not be true much longer... Hello hyper-inflation.

The US dollar has already lost about 95% of its value since the central bankers got their hands on it. Bernanke just switched from Alan Greenspan's teaspoon to a fleet of bucket loaders!

Testimony by the Governor of the Central Bank of Canada that central bankers create money out of nothing:

Appendix E – Money Is Created by Banks Evidence Given by Graham Towers

Some of the most frank evidence on banking practices was given by Graham F. Towers, Governor of the Central Bank of Canada (from 1934 to 1955), before the Canadian Government's Committee on Banking and Commerce, in 1939. Its proceedings cover 850 pages. (Standing Committee on Banking and Commerce, Minutes of Proceedings and Evidence Respecting the Bank of Canada, Ottawa, J.O. Patenaude, I.S.O., Printer to the King's Most Excellent Majesty, 1939.) Most of the evidence quoted was the result of interrogation by Mr. “Gerry” McGeer, K.C., a former mayor of Vancouver, who clearly understood the essentials of central banking. Here are a few excerpts:

Q. But there is no question about it that banks create the medium of exchange?

Mr. Towers: That is right. That is what they are for... That is the Banking business, just in the same way that a steel plant makes steel. (p. 287)

The manufacturing process consists of making a pen-and-ink or typewriter entry on a card in a book. That is all. (pp. 76 and 238)

Each and every time a bank makes a loan (or purchases securities), new bank credit is created — new deposits — brand new money. (pp. 113 and 238)

Broadly speaking, all new money comes out of a Bank in the form of loans.

As loans are debts, then under the present system all money is debt. (p. 459)

Q. When $1,000,000 worth of bonds is presented (by the government) to the bank, a million dollars of new money or the equivalent is created?

Mr. Towers: Yes.

Q. Is it a fact that a million dollars of new money is created?

Mr. Towers: That is right.

Q. Now, the same thing holds true when the municipality or the province goes to the bank?

Mr. Towers: Or an individual borrower.
www.michaeljournal.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

If the DOW is in the red 2% or more by 2pm EST. I am going to flat out say it, watch out and hold on because it could soon become a 4% decline. If that is the case the DOW will be sub 11000 at which point watch out for Monday! S&P500 is sub 1200, not good at all, imagine large end day sell off.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I love your vigor and spirit. I'm all for it.

Here's the problem.

I'm not a farmer.

Let me explain.

I can't grow enough food on my little piece of property to be able to feed my family year round. Most people don't.

I would need to rely on someone else to provide this food for me. In our current economic system, I trade my skills to my company for their cash. I then use that cash to buy my food.

In a post-crash society, random IT guy probably isn't a skill you can trade for your dogfood.

Can I grow bananas? Yes. What am I going to eat for the first three years?

answers.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join