It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLACK FRIDAY? - 05 Aug 2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by iNkGeEk

why isnt op correcting the numbers ?
i do not like if someone deliberately exagerates to get attention.
it is a principle.
imo with the correct numbers this thread would have 50% less flags and stars.
is that the intention of op, to keep the numbers in the opening post to go for scoring stars and flags ?

p.s.: you write billions but its millions

edit on 5-8-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

Oh! Oh! Oh! On your little cry-baby rant there I just went and starred a few more of OP's posts, simply because he has raised an interesting topic relevant to the sub-forum. Now please, go cry somewhere else where whinging loves the company of whingers.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
All the major UK banks are down significantly, Barclays and Lloyds are both down 9.6%!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
come off your panic modes.
trades money values are not disappearing, they are shifting.
did you know that the per head posessions in western industrialised countries has never been higher ?
people never owned more gold, cars, houses, jewelery etc

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Ah the joys of having a FERAL ELITE running the world!

But people pay to go on scary rides such as Alton Towers and I guess they think they're just making everyone elses life more interesting..........a lot of FEAR, a bit of JOY! It is all fun and games in the life of the super dooper rich and they just want everyone else to have a good time too...........surely?

In the end, I have to say that his planet is starting to give me the creeps. I see a lot of 'angst' over collapsed markets and the horrendous poverty to come and yet last night I watched a Newsnight report which showed that the money we are all giving in foreign aid to Ethiopia is being used to deliberately target the civillian population with torture, rape, murder and starvation. I haven't seen this horrific fact mentioned on ATS yet....your charitable donations are being used for the most terrible, foulest deeds, have you?

Something BAD is going on here and I just hope and pray that Karma remains a fact of life that I always believed it to be. But,, Why has Karma gone on holiday? How are 'They' managing to dodge Karma?

Something funny going on these days?

The world is financially, morally and ethically collapsed and I'm beginning to wonder if this is the symbolic 'turning upside down' of the Poles that eventually is righted ............ or have I been drinking too much tea this morning??

link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I know, terrible thing to even think about. I hate the idea of global conflict to end the global economic war that we have been in for years now. I just look and watch as all the markets move together in relative unison, it's very odd to me to see how if one moves lower 3% they all seem move the same amount roughly. How does that happen? I mean, the index of the catalyst country takes the slightly bigger hit on the chin but the rest come down together, evenly, like the last time....

link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

It needs to be slightly bigger than that to kick start our economies *shakes head*
a global crisis needs a global response at a global level *shudders at the thought*

Interesting you mention that. China and Japan are urging just this very action:

China and Japan called for global cooperation on Friday after a financial market rout signaled fear that Europe's debt crisis could spin out of control and the U.S. economy may slide into another recession.

The comments from Washington's two biggest foreign creditors pointed to growing concern of contagion as Asian stock markets tumbled following Wall Street's steep dive a day earlier. European markets hit a 14-month low in early trading.

China, Japan urge global talks on economic crisis

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Australian shares have dropped $100 billion for the week, $60 billion of that was today.

www.news.com.au...

The Euro is diving badly, best we watch China very closely the next few days...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk

I believe he was talking about nuclear bombs or maybe just bombs in general.

Whatever is chose it needs to be a global response... if further conflict is the solution chosen by the establishment it needs to be on a big enough scale to offset this (expletive).... attacking Iran and what not won't be enough.. it needs to be huge enough to reduce unemployment while saddling the losers with the current debt levels and providing the establishment with a decent return on the investment.

edit on 5/8/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Thank you. This may be the case, however is it not also true to say that per person the rate of personal debt has never been higher? i.e. that most of the possession owned are most likey bought on credit. leading to those possessions becoming repossessions.

Buying of debt portfolios is now a very attractive revenue stream for asset management companies workd wide, and is now ever moving into the area where modest investors can get in on the action. This to me suggest another sub bubble if you like.

Although the cash flow and investments maybe shifting. Are we seeing comparative moves in other markets. i.e. in accordance with the law that every action has an equal an opposite reaction. No quite. yes metals are up today but by only less than 1% On a global trend of around -2 - 3 % currently. and waiting on the US. I have to wonder if the money is being removed and held waiting for the next move. maybe it will pick up later. who knows. this is the fun of it.

However at the end the only result I can see this having will be more money pumped into the supply, leading to yet further devaluation of the currencies. and high inflation, thus pushing commodity prices even higher and putting further pressure on the consumer and business'. From where I stand it's a vicious circle.
edit on 5/8/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It's uncanny, it's almost like someone has a super computer balancing out the collapse of the world economy in controlled demolition fashion. Sort of hit me when the FTSE was down nearly 3% but balanced out suddenly to 2% or so within a single refresh.
edit on 5-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

is that Billion or Million?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Well China and Japan are both #1 and #2 largest holders of US bonds (debt). They do not want to see their investments losing value. so when they do they want out, just like every other investor. lets face it though, neither of them owe the US any favours!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

you are right, some of the posessions are with borrowed money, but not all of it.
if you take the the amount away that is on credit, you are still left with plus in gained values compared to for example the situation ten years ago.
economy is a roller coaster, it has always been. investors seek profit and shift their money around. its not gone, its put somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

i think any attack on iran, syria, israel, n. korea will automatically escalate to a global event. regardless of who fires the first shot.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It's a roller coaster out there.

On an up turn at the moment. seems to me that its just trading back and forth? but no one side has the upper hand. Just like the ATS bulls and bears here. Everyone waiting on the US.

STOXX 50 2,389.56 -22.73 -0.94% FTSE 100 5,283.34 -109.80 -2.04% DAX 6,266.96 -147.80 -2.30%

Bloomberg

Damn it must suck to be the US now, with sooo much responsibility. Good things there are level heading expert people at the helm!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

We do need a global response... that is the only real option they have left open.. I have to wonder if it has been manufactured or not, or what form the global response will take.. Will it be to push for further fiscal union? or see said talks break down into conflict? as it seems to me all those options are on the table...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Billions dude, billions and billions down the drain.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk

i think any attack on iran, syria, israel, n. korea will automatically escalate to a global event. regardless of who fires the first shot.

While that is true... it does need to be manufactured to ensure certain nations are on opposite sides to enable one or both to be saddled with current debts after the dust has settled.. it also needs to be controlled in such a way as not mess up stealing the losers resources afterwards.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Indeed that is true, but you must admit that with the advent of the micro contract facilities, and the ability of Joe the plumber to trade in live time on the internet, has added massive volatility to the markets. Although it it unlikely to create the big moves that the banks will, the sheeple are more easily spooked by things they don't fully understand, or not in the know. and translates to a bubble mentality.

Yes the investments and assets will move around. However really, I feel that as now the US has its back against a wall. its almost like the stability has gone from the market. and what is left to invest it. emerging markets!? Well OK, but the risk factor there is huge. and most I feel are not prepared to do that.

My main fear is that the central banks will just react by deflating the currencies even further, and that you must admit is no good for anyone.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I have to wonder if it has been manufactured

I think this is an excellent question and worth a thread of it's own. The paranoid conspiracy theorist in me thinks it has been manufactured to bring about a tyrannical global government. The more rational side of me thinks this is just an inevitable outcome of global capitalism gone crazy, driven by greed and miss management.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join