It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLACK FRIDAY? - 05 Aug 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

yeah, saw that thread too. what makes me angry is the govt, lawyers and judges all scold the people that file bankruptcy and tell them that they need to learn to live within their means. maybe the US govt should do the same! It's like a parent teaching the "do as i say, not as i do" crap.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

HOLY CREDIT CRUNCH!, I don't know what is more scary. Financial apocolypse, of this sickly sweet teeny bopper!!!

Anyway. Looks like the speculator and buying opportunists are out

Gold up +$18.20 on the open. Not a new high, but hedging going on. mainly due to buying, but the dollar weakening is helping the run.

So at least we know where some of the money from the selling is going. the rest. Socks and mattresses!!
edit on 5/8/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I agree. Is it any wonder things are going down? Today should be an intersting day out there in the real world. Guess I'll know what happened if I see lines at the pumps on the way home from work lol.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

American employers probably failed to create enough jobs in July to reduce the jobless rate, showing anxiety over government debt deliberations and a slowdown in consumer spending have shaken confidence, economists said before a report today.

Payrolls climbed by 85,000 workers after an 18,000 increase in June that was the smallest this year, according to the median forecast of 88 economists surveyed by Bloomberg News before a Labor Department report. The jobless rate held at 9.2 percent after rising in each of the previous three months.

Boomberg

Here's a snippet of speculation from Bloomberg from a little earlier today. the "experts" are predicting anything from ZERO increase to anything up to 150,000.

But the tone of the piece seems, in my warped twisted mind anyway, to be trying to prepare people for worse than expected news.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
with the markets all falling yesterday, crude closed at like $86 or $89/barrel...yet the prices at the pump don't reflect that. i guess the prices will have to go up to keep the profits up. oh but wait...when the price of crude goes up so do the prices, because, well...it cost more to buy the crude so we have to make that up by raising the price at the pumps. so we all take it up the arse either way. perhaps the speculators, oil companies and OPEC could buy us all dinner first.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
There is no way of getting out of this situation unless we come up with some new type of technology's or anything really that we can sell. We have nothing left in the west, we dont make anything. The UK relies on the financial institutions for the majority of its income. It does not create things or jobs, just imaginary money on a screen. I dont know what the solution is. Massive cuts in public spending can only go so far. Our economies rely on people consuming things. If no one has any disposable income then the consumption stops, which means more business closures, more unemployment.

It's easy to get depressed over the future, but from personal experience a positive mindset will be essential to get through this. Negativity will just make things worse. There is only so much you can personally do about this situation, a negative mindset and worry will lead to despair, a positive mindset will always remain hopeful.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

you still havent changed the number in your opening post. Why ? do you need some "pepper" for your thread ?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Exactly with this amount of volatility and the forward buying hedges by the filling stations they won't drop the price if the price of oil falls below the buying level, until those stock runs out and they can buy at a lower price,. But human greed being what it is, that is just another opportunity for profit margins to go up, as is any oil barrel rise.

$86 was actually not a bad price when compared to recent prices. But Iam sure it will start rising once again, along with the inflated prices. again putting even more pressure on the labour and trade markets. making it even more difficult to turn a profit let alone, expand.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

:-Dark sarcasm: Oh we have something to sell but it's going to be a pitch...and accompanying we will be giving away advanced technological products produced in America. We'll ship them free to places like Syria and Iran to make the middle east a better place, even as far as to North Korea. We'll literally drop them on their doorsteps free!. :end:

edit on 5-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Just reading on fox before, that we could be into another recession. Wait. Did we even get out of the last one. What a load of crap the media puts out. As Gerald says the main stream media should be called presstitrutes.
Heres the latest video with Gerald Celente on the white shoe boys steeling off the world.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Jebus!! He's already stated he made a mistake...numerous times. are you going to contribute anything constructive to the discussion or are you just going to continue beating a dead horse? You have the makings of a great politician...focus on the insignificant things and ignore the actual issue at hand.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Why> I dont have to justify myself to you or anyone. However I have changed it, to reflect the accurate nature of what has been reported.

GBP 800 million write off as part of a GBP 1.4 Billion loss for the first 6 MONTHS of 2011.

Now as for condiments. if that is not shocking enough for you in a company that is majority nationalised then you must work as a bomb disposal or undertaker. Something that has made you impervious to these things. Either than or you truly believe this is no big deal, and it will all be rosy. in which case I kindly invite you to wake up!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Thats the end to it. Don't feed the troll.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think icepack needs to put an icepack on his forehead and calm down a bit. That's it, deeeeeeeeeeep breaths, caaaaaaalm.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

why isnt op correcting the numbers ?
i do not like if someone deliberately exagerates to get attention.
it is a principle.
imo with the correct numbers this thread would have 50% less flags and stars.
is that the intention of op, to keep the numbers in the opening post to go for scoring stars and flags ?

p.s.: you write billions but its millions

edit on 5-8-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Numb nuts. its corrected. and those that cast labels such as attention seeking need to look at their own actions. Now if you are going to contribute, fine carry on. if not and continue trying to divert and derail then "jog on fella".
edit on 5/8/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
reply to post by woodwardjnr

:-Dark sarcasm: Oh we have something to sell but it's going to be a pitch...and accompanying we will be giving away advanced technological products produced in America. We'll ship them free to places like Syria and Iran to make the middle east a better place, even as far as to North Korea. We'll literally drop them on their doorsteps free!. :end:

edit on 5-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

It needs to be slightly bigger than that to kick start our economies *shakes head*
a global crisis needs a global response at a global level *shudders at the thought*

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

thank you for correcting.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Care to comment on the RBS position of losing 1.4 billions pounds sterling in the first six months of this year?

or the current landslide that is looking similar to 2008 all over again?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I believe he was talking about nuclear bombs or maybe just bombs in general.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join