It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian envoy to NATO : NATO planning campaign on Syria, Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Well duh. NATO leadership loves war.

NATO plans campaign in Syria, tightens noose around Iran - Rogozin

NATO is planning a military campaign against Syria to help overthrow the regime of President Bashar al-Assad with a long-reaching goal of preparing a beachhead for an attack on Iran, Russia's envoy to NATO Dmitry Rogozin said.

The Russian diplomat pointed out at the fact that the alliance is aiming to interfere only with the regimes "whose views do not coincide with those of the West."

Rogozin agreed with the opinion expressed by some experts that Syria and later Yemen could be NATO's last steps on the way to launch an attack on Iran.

"The noose around Iran is tightening. Military planning against Iran is underway. And we are certainly concerned about an escalation of a large-scale war in this huge region," Rogozin said.

Of course Russia doesn't want this because it would affect their arms sales... and they have a naval base in Syria.

But on the other hand, it would make oil prices skyrocket, making Russia lots of $$.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-8-2011 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a LARGER war INCREASE arms sales?

Either way, these wars have to stop.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I'm sure Russia and China would be also concerned about themselves..

Seems NATO and the west want the world..

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

No matter what actions leaders take, it always seems to be for profit or the destruction of ones enemy. How long can this go on and who's next after its all said and done?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Well, given NATO's track record the last few weeks by bombing innocent civilians in Libya, if they go into Syria, it's going to be an all out blood bath.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
They just keep on coming don't they?

You know what is truly astonishing? While it's obvious that Iran is the target, look how they HAVE TO take out everyone else first? Can';t just walk in like saddam did to Kuwait ... they really cannot attack Iran yet! Not without massive losses?

That's the byline i'm picking up here. "Of course Iran, eventually, but we can't yet, before then we have to ..."

Saw Medvedev's message to Assad? "sad fate" ... thought provoking indeed.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
you would not be talking about this would ya

Wich is being discussed at the We own you....we're the USA thread

sounds like from this thread that the guy in the vid was serious.
edit on 5-8-2011 by jonco6 because: adding where i got the vid from you know give credit where credit is dew etc

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

No matter what actions leaders take, it always seems to be for profit or the destruction of ones enemy. How long can this go on and who's next after its all said and done?

Us. The people.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

Us. The people.

Probably true but IMO not by their hands..

I think their aim is to attack enough countries so the remainders, maybe even Russia and China, will join in on an attack on American soil..

They want WWIII IMO

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

....*faintly hears the lyrics 'Back in black,...I hit the sack...I've been too long I'm glad to be back....*

Sorry, wha?

Oh, yeah, Um, NATO, Libya...and stuff.

damn you backinblack.

new topics

top topics

join