It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow just opening and Europe is in the negative

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
DAX
(XETRA: ^GDAXI )
Index Value: 6,213.84
Trade Time: 3:14AM EDT
Change: Down 200.92 (3.13%)
Prev Close: 6,414.76
Open: 6,338.77
Day's Range: 6,159.86 - 6,339.61
52wk Range: 5,833.51 - 7,600.41

Already things look grim

The Hong Kong Market is really down

HANG SENG INDEX
(HKSE: ^HSI )
Index Value: 20,722.37
Trade Time: 3:17AM EDT
Change: Down 1,162.37 (5.31%)
Prev Close: 21,884.74
Open: 20,939.40
Day's Range: 20,643.26 - 21,017.72
52wk Range: 20,372.30 - 24,988.60
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Not good but that aint nothing to whats around the corner!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The comment last night, was if America sneezes. Japan catches a cold, and America just had one really big sneeze. Given the situation, I would say that it looking more like pneumonia!

If Japan goes down, Europe goes down. If Europe goes down, the US does don and so the cycle continues!.

It's going to be a black Friday and the start of the second round of bubble bursting.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Black Friday?
this was a response to bluemirage, not fogg.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: someone else thought of black friday too

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
No black Friday. Dow +100 to -200

I gotta whole dollar riding on this closing range

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

No relief in sight for the future. I wonder though how generations to come will handle this once they end up in a worse financial crises then what we are currently living on?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I got my popcorn ready. Things are gonna get really interesting when the NYSE opens up in the morning.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineIntervention
I got my popcorn ready. Things are gonna get really interesting when the NYSE opens up in the morning.

I got my dvr ready to record the madness and to also record the failures of a greedy government.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Certainly seems like this is it, the start of the next drop *shakes head* although I am deeply concerned about the pain we will all go through, I hope the system crashes so we get the chance to rebuild something better..

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I would tend to think it is a RED FRIDAY as BLACK generally speaks of +++
And of course the Asian markets were bound to go down and CERTAINLY the Eurozone will follow which will lead to the US markets going down today.

The bottom line is there is no good news to speak of. The only way stability will be had is with QE3 or a new war which of course both put the people more in debt. I'd say you really only get QE3 and that's about it, if the people buy into it even. (Throwing good money after bad ~or~ bad money after good money who in turn throw good money after bad).

I'm on the record here, new war on the horizon to stop the markets from bleeding the red.
edit on 5-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I hope the system crashes so we get the chance to rebuild something better..

Like, say, a New World Order? Their plan is working perfectly.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Well things look like they have rebounded but its too early to tell. Until the final hour we will see how the day ends for Europe. As for us here in the good old USA well we will see if its a yay day of a omfg day.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
ya know.. we really need one thread for whats happening..but i think its too late for that.

whats gunna happen when the us opens ?

thats the big question... Australia's nothing but a follow on from the US, as is asia to an extent. which is why we dropped like we did.. we had no choice. Europe is gauging what it thinks is going to happen... it dropped early but has relaxed.. in anticipation..

the rot has gotten so deep inside the USA its plain as day for everyone to see.. and you get the feeling the US is a little preoccupied trying to get its own house in order to be pushing an economic savior around with the allies...

so whats going to happen.. The short term solution is obviously flawed.. there's nothing but a countdown timer ticking...until the US defaults... OR raises its debt ceiling again..... rinse, wash and repeat.

Today if it starts dropping again, sharp.. europe will responds in kind i rek'n.. and we could witness the day faith in the US was demolished.

edit on 5-8-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

just out of curiousity, can you get " NWO " to do an " IPO "??????

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I hope the system crashes so we get the chance to rebuild something better..

Like, say, a New World Order? Their plan is working perfectly.

Yer, I guess whatever we do it will be hijacked by the establishment and driven to their own agenda. It'll be a major shame if we miss out on yet another opportunity to make this world a better place..

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Something just happened because the FTSE 100 and DAX numbers are moving fast into the red.

Something must of spooked them just now.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Just so you can all follow...

London Stock Exchange

Will make interesting reading by the end of the day.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
I would tend to think it is a RED FRIDAY as BLACK generally speaks of +++
And of course the Asian markets were bound to go down and CERTAINLY the Eurozone will follow which will lead to the US markets going down today.

The bottom line is there is no good news to speak of. The only way stability will be had is with QE3 or a new war which of course both put the people more in debt. I'd say you really only get QE3 and that's about it, if the people buy into it even. (Throwing good money after bad ~or~ bad money after good money who in turn throw good money after bad).

I'm on the record here, new war on the horizon to stop the markets from bleeding the red.
edit on 5-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

Well, technically speaking, they could hault trading for Friday in the US like they did after the WTC incident. With the predictions the way they are, this wouldn't be a bad idea as it would allow many the sleep on it mentality that may keep a complete collapse from occurring.
edit on 5-8-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

I can now see alot of banks having "glitches" in their computer systems where customers can't access their savings for a day or two......starting next week

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

QF3 starts.......but that won't last long either

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join