It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gyroscope Earth, Tohoku, Planet X

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The equator is being pulled by the moon and sun for a millennium, its noticed here as tides, and no real noticeable changes have occurred. As far as outside forces pulling on earth, I can link you to the numbers, but they will reveal insignificance, to outline, Jupiter accounts for more than half of all the planet's tidal force on earth and is about 1% the tidal effect the moon has, if all the planets somehow aligned to on side of earth they would have about 1.7% the tidal effect the moon has. It a relatively simple mathematic equation.

Wobble and rotation are two different things. I don't believe the numbers the Japan earthquake had on the equatorial circumference, I don' think there's a relationship there. What I found, and happens all the time, is the recent Supermoon back in March expanded the earth's equator by roughly 9-10 inches for a brief period. I think a figure of 6 inches is normal for full moons not super.

Plate shifting does not increase the mass of earth, its a live planet and always has been recycling its crust..

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
I don't believe the numbers the Japan earthquake had on the equatorial circumference, I don' think there's a relationship there.

The numbers quoted in the linked articles are derived from a computer model and I believe the original data fed into the model was an estimate related to how the fault off Japan had slipped. One assumes that all the measurements are being verified but I haven't seen references to that on the web.

I was in another discussion of earth changes and looked up the circumference of the earth and was surprised to find so many different numbers quoted, and this in the modern era! Now I realize that the circumference is changing continually for a variety of reasons.

I'm really curious to know if the distance between the coast of Korea and that of North America has increased. Japan is supposed to be wider in places as a result of Tohoku and I've read that the Pacific is narrower. It would be nice to be able to access the latest accurate measurements of distances on the planet.

Planet X is one thing, but then there are the Neal Adams expanding earth people as well! It's a fun world when it isn't shooting guns at everyone.

<< 1   >>

join