It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm doing 'impossible' things by focusing/thinking on it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
"uR lOsInG wEiGhT lOlZ!"

I'm already slim. I very apparently do not have what it takes to lift my mattress with one arm- you fail to include that I did it with quite much ease with only one limb. You say seeing numbers is coincide, yet you're only able to say that because you refuse to believe my examples because you're in denial. Yes, you are. I can declare things about people too, see? It isn't hard, and if it's allowed here, then to me, all of you putting up these points who think you're so 'logical' and 'sane' are just the opposite- brainwashed crazies. I can't blame you for being that way, no. You'd just be another victim of whatever force is so very evidently controlling this world.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Quit wasting that energy on circus stuff, and get to willing me a million dollars.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
the nite before this post i was dreaming of a female that was with these same abilities . i know a lot of u are making fun when we claim to b philosophers so we should have r minds open to the things a mind can do the mind is not in r bodies and even if it just happened in her mind n she believes and soon it will happen . one must see something in the minds eye at first one will have to almost force ur minds eye to see when it starts to happen with ease then things can take place in this reality it is always faster to get 2 or more in agreement most of us are not ready to experience and death can occur

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Three

saw this thread the moment you made it, thought nothing of it, pretty pointless posting unfounded claims on the inter webs, gotta have something backin you up,
personally i dont doubt what you claim is possible, i believe it,

however that dont count for #,

what would count is if you upload a video of you doing it, which one poster requested already right when you made this thread,

so i am revisiting now to see if you have done so, i see you have not,

so great that you have experienced this but it counts for nothing for anyone except yourself, doesnt matter what people believe, your experience has no effect on anyone other then yourself,

maybe if you upload a video you might start affecting others in that some skeptics might be turned, bout the best you could hope for,

upload proof buddy.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
well just to go along with your numbers point, it does happen to everyone. it happens to me all the time, actually you should totally check out the movie "23" with jim carey. i know the concept is different but for real life people who want to see numbers or like in the movie want to find numbers out of things they will find all kinds of way whether it is logical or not.

and of course i would like to see a vid of you lifting the mattress, so far by being slim all that proves is you probably have some good muscle underneath it.

plus, i just gotta say this but i totally was lifting my arm up and i wasn't tensing up at all!!!!! please, if you are going to levitate anything do it with something else that is not on your own body. even if you are believing you are levitating it i can promise you it is just a trick of your mind. we can block out a lot of feeling in our selves when we focus on things, such as thinking i want to levitate a body part, and we will make it seem like reality in our own mind if we can.

now with that all being said and the arrogant sounding posts that everyone is in denial, which by the way i think anyone can assume if someone disagrees with them. that is just a total generalization of that point, what you think is the "truth" then obviously someone who doesn't believe it is in denial. you could actually go around almost every post on this board and tell everyone who disagrees with the OP that they are in denial.

now, i'm assuming this might be a big trolling attempt, but if not those are the arguments for you said story. please post proof of something, or if you can read thoughts do tell me where i work at then. i would totally be impressed if you could figure that one out instead of telling me i am in denial.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Three

Thought of attraction. Watch the movie "the Secret". It will give you more insight. Interesting how that works eh? The mind is much more powerful than we take it to be.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Three
"uR lOsInG wEiGhT lOlZ!"

I'm already slim. I very apparently do not have what it takes to lift my mattress with one arm- you fail to include that I did it with quite much ease with only one limb. You say seeing numbers is coincide, yet you're only able to say that because you refuse to believe my examples because you're in denial. Yes, you are. I can declare things about people too, see? It isn't hard, and if it's allowed here, then to me, all of you putting up these points who think you're so 'logical' and 'sane' are just the opposite- brainwashed crazies. I can't blame you for being that way, no. You'd just be another victim of whatever force is so very evidently controlling this world.

Yeah, I'm a weakling too - I'm a sickly waif that has a hard time holding my own head up, for goodness sakes. If I could lift an entire mattress with one hand/arm...heck, even both my arms, I'd probably feel there was some kind of supernatural force at work. The thing is, our minds are very powerful, and focusing your intent on something for long enough in a lot of cases will get you what you're seeking.

The whole numbers thing I think is coincidental as well. Numbers are all over the place, and if you're thinking about it, of course you're going to notice it everywhere. That's not just for numbers, either - it goes for everything. Once you start making a thing of it and attaching this magical belief system to numbers and stuff, it'll become even more prominent.

To that poster who said something about 'paid skeptics'... I WISH I got paid to use my logic and common sense. Gee whiz! I'm personally not in denial, I just think the examples you used are things that most certainly can be explained. I think there are far more things out there that are so bewildering, so mind boggling and I've had experiences I couldn't explain away myself... but levitating your own limbs? Give me a break.

magic.....it's everywhere....
edit on 8-8-2011 by Cinquain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I will attempt to break down some of your experiences scientifically. First, the levitating of your limbs could be achieved/explained with mild self-hypnosis, which you may not even realize you are in. This is especially possible since you are "focusing" on doing it. That is why you do not feel yourself actually doing it.

As far as picking up heavy things...Well heavy is subjective, and what you say is heavy may not be heavy to someone else. It is possible that you are stronger than you think. There is the possibility however that you concentrate enough to slightly hypnotize yourself, allowing your mind to control the surge of chemicals needed for feats of super-human strength, which has been documented in some cases as existing. It isn't really super-human if done by a human, but the term is used since most humans cannot do things like this.

Seeing numbers, I would say, is caused by the fact that you are focusing on those numbers. There are other threads on this specific topic here at ATS. You will see the same numbers regardless, but you just notice the certain numbers because you were focusing on them. Also, how do you know the numbers you are focusing on to begin with were not triggered by your subconscious mind simply because they are numbers you see all the time? You wouldn't realize it because your conscious mind doesn't pay attention to things like that, but your subconscious mind is basically photographic, and the numbers that pop into your head do so because they are seen frequently.

I think I touched on everything you mentioned, but if not I apologize. I suspect that these explanations, or similar ones, are sufficient to describe your experiences...More-so than "magic" or paranormal happenings. The scientific explanations follow Occam's Razor because they are the ideas that are based on the fewest assumptions and the most scientific fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join